Author Topic: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 3  (Read 14323 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 3
« Reply #150: August 26, 2007, 07:09:05 PM »
On a positive note, the Dodgers have to play tonight, fly cross-country from New York and play us in LA tomorrow.  We could steal one Monday.

Hopefully the Dodgers-Mets game goes 20 innings and then their plane is delayed!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #151: August 26, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
Zimmerman's home run looks damn cool on the Nationals' homepage. I guess it's Colorado's slow motion replay, but I sure wish we had it. Great swing!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #152: August 26, 2007, 10:52:40 PM »
I just caught this and had to respond. To call our "combined rotation" "by far the worst in the majors" is beyond ABSURD and provably so, completely ignoring the actually statistics would immediately disprove this.

Elmer Dessens is provably a bad starter that we should have beaten.  There is no way you can make the case that HE should have dominated us the way he did.

Absolutely.  Our pitching has been our strength, but I do agree on the power bit.  However, I'd rather have the complete package then a power/K guy.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #153: August 26, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »
Zimmerman's home run looks damn cool on the Nationals' homepage. I guess it's Colorado's slow motion replay, but I sure wish we had it. Great swing!

LOL, I love how they call our slow motion "Super Slo-Mo".  It's not slow by any means, probably because Angelos doesn't want to invest in high-speed cameras you need for really good slow shots like that.