Author Topic: Weight gain  (Read 1206 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Weight gain
« Topic Start: October 30, 2011, 11:56:19 AM »
discuss it here and leave the rest of us alone

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Weight gain
« Reply #1: October 30, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
:thumbs: I owe you a sixer or dinner at Morton's if this works.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #2: October 31, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »
I think the ghosts and ghouls want me to eat lots of candies. Two kids came by across the entire evening. Happy Halloween everybody.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: October 31, 2011, 09:49:57 PM »
I think the ghosts and ghouls want me to eat lots of candies. Two kids came by across the entire evening. Happy Halloween everybody.

We had about 25, a poor showing. It's been trending down the last 5 years, we've had years here over 50.

I'm disappointed at the choices available from my daughter's bag.   The diversity is lacking, and there are some really good candies that nobody gives out anymore.  None of these:

Or these:

Not even any of these basics:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #4: October 31, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
We had decent turn out, it seems like kids were greedier than last year- far more multiple hand fulls and far less taking just one

We were part of tom's lack of diversity though- Reece's variety pack, snickers, blow pops, tootsie pops, and kit kats

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #5: October 31, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
We had decent turn out, it seems like kids were greedier than last year- far more multiple hand fulls and far less taking just one

I count them out and give them to the kids myself.

Then, halfway through the evening, it dawns on me I've got way too much left and I start getting generous.

Then I regret having only given out 3 pieces early in the evening, but it's too late to do anything about it, so I pour another whiskey, and wonder - what would Blue do?

:?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #6: October 31, 2011, 10:09:35 PM »
:lmao:  blue would pour himself another double. I do what you do tomterp but I usually give the real little ones much more candy than I do the ones who should be ashamed to be out trick or treating.

Offline blue911

« Reply #7: November 01, 2011, 12:19:39 AM »
I'd trick or treat at the Turtles if he's handing out whiskey.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #8: November 01, 2011, 07:04:30 AM »
Very sparse here in Ballston.  I tried to get 2IPAs to hand out something we can use if left with excess supply, like bananas or power bars.

Then, halfway through the evening, it dawns on me I've got way too much left and I start getting generous.

Then I regret having only given out 3 pieces early in the evening, but it's too late to do anything about it, so I pour another whiskey, and wonder - what would Blue do?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #9: November 01, 2011, 07:10:04 AM »
We had about 50.  A few years ago 200+ and ran out of candy.  Gave away the rest because too many calories.  How do you people lose weight?  I do <the opposite of unhealthy eating> and gain 2 lbs.  disgusting anorexics :P

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #10: November 01, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
We had well over 50.   All the neighbors go to the driveways and kind of mingle.    We hand out candy, have a few beers, discuss the winter party season, etc.     My wife is in charge of the decorating and candy distribution.    I direct beer consumption.    If it's real cold, we drink rum.    The kids love the strobe lights, howling ghouls, spider webs, smoke machines and the electric palm tree.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #11: November 01, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »
We had well over 50.   All the neighbors go to the driveways and kind of mingle.    We hand out candy, have a few beers, discuss the winter party season, etc.     My wife is in charge of the decorating and candy distribution.    I direct beer consumption.    If it's real cold, we drink rum.    The kids love the strobe lights, howling ghouls, spider webs, smoke machines and the electric palm tree.

I'm looking kind of forward to mine being old enough to join the neighborhood pack- lots of little kids going crazy with dads in tow enjoying adult beverages

Offline mitlen

« Reply #12: November 01, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
I'm looking kind of forward to mine being old enough to join the neighborhood pack- lots of little kids going crazy with dads in tow enjoying adult beverages

My son's grown now but you nailed it.    Now we have a new group of young'uns flocking around.    Love it !

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #13: November 01, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »
We had a few pound on the door last night but I was too distracted playing Battlefield 3 to break their hearts.

Offline NatsDad14

Re: Weight loss
« Reply #14: November 02, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Lesson to everyone that has children: keep them from getting fat if possible. Once it's there, it's *always* a struggle.

I was raised unintentionally to be skinny. My parents transferred their African diet and brought it here and gave it to me. Though it's not all great, some skinny kids get bullied (not me because I was tall). If you are one of the fat kids, you get to the be the Bully, instead of bullied.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #15: November 02, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
Fat kids are bullied terribly.

The strong, fit kids do the bullying.
I was raised unintentionally to be skinny. My parents transferred their African diet and brought it here and gave it to me. Though it's not all great, some skinny kids get bullied (not me because I was tall). If you are one of the fat kids, you get to the be the Bully, instead of bullied.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #16: November 02, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »

i started out giving a lot because i thought i had a lot. i had to re-up my package twice. then i started giving out one. probably about 15 bags of candy (10 pounds). i like confusing the kids like putting candy out the mail slot and completely guessing the wrong costume. a three or four year old told me she was pocahontas, i told i was john smith. she gave me a look of "wtf"

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #17: November 03, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »
We used to get a lot of huge 17-19 year old kids dressed as huge 17-19 year olds, now it's mostly cute little kids dressed up as bumblebees and that kind of thing.  For all of its faults, gentrification really took the edge off of halloween.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #18: November 03, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »

:smh: 

You fail at being funny honky.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #19: November 03, 2011, 08:03:13 AM »
How was gentrification a factor ?

We used to get a lot of huge 17-19 year old kids dressed as huge 17-19 year olds, now it's mostly cute little kids dressed up as bumblebees and that kind of thing.  For all of its faults, gentrification really took the edge off of halloween.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #20: November 03, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »

Perhaps the cute little kids are the children of the 17 - 19 year olds who stopped by several years ago.   :)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #21: November 03, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
:smh: 

You fail at being funny honky.

Yeah... I was one of the fat kids that got bullied. Now I didn't get bullied terribly bad, I had enough friends and got along with everyone, but I did get picked on for being a fatty. That went on until the summer between my Junior and Senior year in high school. When you go from 5'8" or so and 260lbs to 6' and 260lbs, people quit freaking with you. That and getting suspended from school for fighting helps a little also.

Suggesting that fat kids are the bullies and not the bullied is at best, uninformed.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #22: November 03, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
I find that, like most things in life, all good things come to those that wait.  All of the people that tormented me as a kid are all stuck in some white trash crap lifestyle living for their next Bud Light and trip to Daytona. 

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #23: November 03, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
I find that, like most things in life, all good things come to those that wait.  All of the people that tormented me as a kid are all stuck in some white trash crap lifestyle living for their next Bud Light and trip to Daytona. 

Whenever I feel like quitting in the middle of a workout, I try remembering everyone who disrespected me in life and keep going as a big freak you to them. Now that is motivation.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #24: November 03, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
Whenever I feel like quitting in the middle of a workout, I try remembering everyone who disrespected me in life and keep going as a big freak you to them. Now that is motivation.

I finding driving up in my new DB9 does the same thing.