Author Topic: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 3  (Read 24472 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 3
« Reply #375: August 28, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »
So, predictions on who in the Dodgers organization gets fired for being swept by the Nats?

Joe Torre?  :lol:  Nah I'm joking but maybe this will put all the foolishness about Torre's genius to rest. This game is not about managers. It's about players who can produce.

Wow.

I am so proud of the guys that have been filling in for the injured.  They have been putting up one hell of a fight.  But the sooner we get Patterson, Hill, and Bergmann back, the better for the team.

You would NEVER guess who posted that.

Too funny. 

I don't remember who the pitchers were that filled in. Speigner, Simontacchi, Bacsik and maybe Hanrahan? That would make it even funnier.

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #376: August 28, 2008, 11:38:33 PM »
So, predictions on who in the Dodgers organization gets fired for being swept by the Nats?

Ned Coletti might be gone if they don't make the playoffs.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #377: August 29, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »
The game made my Yahoo Mail top 5 sports news (title being about Guzman hitting for the cycle, and Nats rout Dodgers to complete sweep), but it didn't make ESPN's front news :(

Typical ESPN.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #378: August 29, 2008, 12:51:24 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone getting fired (yet) but the Dodger starter that got knocked out in the third inning tonight, Clayton Kershaw, was immediately demoted to AAA after the game.

Online blue911

« Reply #379: August 29, 2008, 03:41:02 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone getting fired (yet) but the Dodger starter that got knocked out in the third inning tonight, Clayton Kershaw, was immediately demoted to AAA after the game.

Which proves that simply throwing hard isn't enough at the major league level.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #380: August 29, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »

That's rough. He'll probably be back next week though.