Author Topic: John Lannan is a better man than I'll ever be  (Read 17304 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Re: John Lannan is a better man than I'll ever be
« Reply #300: December 16, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »
Kevin Correia got two years, $10 million, yet Lannan got one year, $2.5 million? Minnesota screwed themselves. Lannan is a superior pitcher to Correia and he was cheaper.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #301: December 16, 2012, 03:09:12 AM »
Kevin Correia got two years, $10 million, yet Lannan got one year, $2.5 million? Minnesota screwed themselves. Lannan is a superior pitcher to Correia and he was cheaper.

Didn't he make like 5 million last year?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #302: December 16, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
Classy

If he had any regard for Washington fans, he would have signed somewhere else. Why should we have regard for him?

I might give him a courtesy clap his first time here. What he did in the past is appreciated but that's in the past. He's one of them now.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #303: December 16, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
If he had any regard for Washington fans, he would have signed somewhere else. Why should we have regard for him?

I might give him a courtesy clap his first time here. What he did in the past is appreciated but that's in the past. He's one of them now.

You're such an ass. I guess all players that leave the Nats should sign where ever it is the fans wish for him to sign...

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #304: December 16, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »

dude shut the hell up.

it's a business.  besides we sent him to the minors last year when all he has done is proven he's a MLB quality starter.

don't get all butthurt b/c he signed with the phillies.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #305: December 16, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

Yeah, he should stay loyal to the organization that didn't have a spot for him and booted him to AAA for a season.

Why we should show some appreciation is obvious.  After that, you're right he's a Phillie.  But I think he deserves a genuine thank you from the fans.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #306: December 16, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »
:lmao:  Where is MDS when you need him?

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #307: December 16, 2012, 12:29:55 PM »
Woah woah woah, BiL is actually MAD at Lannan for becoming a Phillie?  I doubt he was getting a better offer anywhere else, and I doubt he would go to the Phillies just to be spiteful.  He's a bad pitcher in CBP anyway, so the Phillies probably gave him the most money.

I'll miss having John on the team and I will always respect him as a Nat on whatever team he plays on.  He is a Phillie by name only, and I don't consider him to be of the ilk of Jimmy Rollins who I think embodies what we think of when we here "Phillies".

I hope the fans don't chew him up though.  Those terrible crapper fans suck.  Godspeed Lannanator!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #308: December 16, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
Woah woah woah, people are actually MAD at Lannan for becoming a Phillie? 

It's only one idiot that made such a statement.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #309: December 16, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »
If by "people" you mean the biggest bleeding-heart weenie at this board, then yes, people are mad.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #310: December 16, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »

This is hilarious. :lmao:

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #311: December 16, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »
If by "people" you mean the biggest bleeding-heart weenie at this board, then yes, people are mad.

I fix, I fix.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #312: December 16, 2012, 02:32:44 PM »
If he had any regard for Washington fans, he would have signed somewhere else.

Do you mean that he's doing us a favor by signing somewhere else?  Or did you mean he would NOT have signed somewhere else? 

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #313: December 16, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »

it's a business. 

Yep. It's a business. That's why I don't get emotionally attached to players. When they put on another uniform I move on.

Like I said, he deserves a note of appreciation for what he did when he was here.  But now that he's going to be a Philly, he will get treated just like every other player wearing a Philly uniform.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #314: December 16, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
Yep. It's a business. That's why I don't get emotionally attached to players. When they put on another uniform I move on.

Like I said, he deserves a note of appreciation for what he did when he was here.  But now that he's going to be a Philly, he will get treated just like every other player wearing a Philly uniform.

How exactly do you treat Philly players?  I really don't like the fans as really they are just inconsiderate jack a$$es but there isn't anything wrong with their players except for maybe someone outspoken like Rollins.

I will always treat John with respect no matter who he plays for.  That is unless he starts coming out like Elijah Dukes and bad mouths players.  I can understand him being angry at the Nats for sending him down because he wasn't good enough but maybe that has passed because he realized that without him coming up and making the few starts he did, the Nats don't become 98 game winners.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #315: December 16, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »
How exactly do you treat Philly players?  I really don't like the fans as really they are just inconsiderate jack a$$es but there isn't anything wrong with their players except for maybe someone outspoken like Rollins.

I will always treat John with respect no matter who he plays for.  That is unless he starts coming out like Elijah Dukes and bad mouths players.  I can understand him being angry at the Nats for sending him down because he wasn't good enough but maybe that has passed because he realized that without him coming up and making the few starts he did, the Nats don't become 98 game winners.

I somehow don't think lannan cares how many games they nats won last year -  it'll be interesting to compare his numbers to harness next year

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #316: December 16, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »
What Mattionals said!!!!

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #317: December 16, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
I somehow don't think lannan cares how many games they nats won last year -  it'll be interesting to compare his numbers to harness next year

It's not just about winning games, he was a very important cog in getting into the playoffs.  He won some huge games for this franchise.  Sure he didn't pitch a full MLB season and some will have a very good argument saying that he would have been better than EJax.  Regardless of those points, I wish him well and I hope there is no animosity towards fans or players of this team.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #318: December 16, 2012, 05:17:16 PM »
Yeah, he was stuck in Syracuse, we got STINKIN' WANG.  YEAH WANG F'D US UP MORE TIMES THAN JOHN WOULD HAVE!

I don't know why this team showed no confidence in him.  Like Ive said.  "Rodney Dangerfield" of the Nats.  No respect at all!

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #319: December 16, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
Yeah, he was stuck in Syracuse, we got STINKIN' WANG.  YEAH WANG F'D US UP MORE TIMES THAN JOHN WOULD HAVE!

I don't know why this team showed no confidence in him.  Like Ive said.  "Rodney Dangerfield" of the Nats.  No respect at all!

It wasn't Wang, it was signing EJax and then the emergence of Det.  Let's be honest here, EJax has the kind of stuff that could make him a good 2 or 3.  He just never broke out and the Nats figured on a one year deal, he might just break out.  The thought was his upside is way higher than Lannan.  Detwiler started to show in 2011 that he could be a better pitcher than Lannan.

Wang was a move that was done when no player would come to the Nats and he actually did pitch somewhat well at the end of 2011.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #320: December 16, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
WANG was out of Options.  So he became number 5.  John was promised the number 5 spot but Wang got it instead.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #321: December 16, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
WANG was out of Options.  So he became number 5.  John was promised the number 5 spot but Wang got it instead.

Wang didn't start in the majors this season until May 25th. What are you talking about? Lannan lost the #5 starter role when Detwiler beat him for it before this season.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #322: December 16, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
:rofl:

Offline Bloo

« Reply #323: December 16, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
We should excommunicate John Lannan from the Nationals History. All his finest moments need to be purged, such as his famous outing of when he walked a pitcher with the bases loaded.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #324: December 16, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
We should excommunicate John Lannan from the Nationals History. All his finest moments need to be purged, such as his famous outing of when he walked a pitcher with the bases loaded.

They can be replaced by gios best if walks in the playoffs