Author Topic: CAPS vs Minnesota: October 12  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
CAPS vs Minnesota: October 12
« Topic Start: October 13, 2006, 04:10:14 AM »
Just got finished watching the replay on CSN.  Disappointing loss, but I felt the Caps made some major improvements that were on display in this game.  They had really good control during the power-plays.  Brent Johnson had a really good game despite the loss in the shoot-out.

Despite the good showing by the rest of the team, it seemed to me that Ovechkin was running cold.  I barely noticed he was even on the ice.

Offline Dave B

Re: CAPS vs Minnesota: October 12
« Reply #1: October 13, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"

Despite the good showing by the rest of the team, it seemed to me that Ovechkin was running cold.  I barely noticed he was even on the ice.

True dat.  

Semin on the other hand is poised and in control when he has the puck.  I like what I have seen. his goal last night and the one from the righ circle at the opener showed patience and sniping abilities.

It seems that unless ovechkin gets up to full speed in open ice at the redline he can't really do much.  Maybe he did it so often last year that is wasnt a problem. This year he doesnt seem to be getting his space.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: October 13, 2006, 11:52:17 AM »
It was a very hard fought game by the Caps but they still have some glaring problems.  Their defense is very sub-par; the Wild could have easily scored 2-3 more goals last night but got very unlucky.  One thing that worries me alot is the amount of penalties we committed.  We have no chance at a good season if we continue to take tons of penalties like last year.  One more thing, our 3 guys that competed in the shootout looked lost.  I remember us being good in the shootouts last year so I don't know what happened.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #3: October 13, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
the Wild could have easily scored 2-3 more goals last night but got very unlucky.
Agreed...that's why I gave props to Brent - he made some really great saves.  But the Wild wasn't completely unlucky - did you see that really cool pass by Brent during a sloppy line change by Minnesota?!  That was a really heads-up pass by Johnny, but Semin just missed it.   :x

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: October 13, 2006, 02:57:01 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
the Wild could have easily scored 2-3 more goals last night but got very unlucky.
Agreed...that's why I gave props to Brent - he made some really great saves.  But the Wild wasn't completely unlucky - did you see that really cool pass by Brent during a sloppy line change by Minnesota?!  That was a really heads-up pass by Johnny, but Semin just missed it.   :x

Zednik could have given him a better pass

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #5: October 13, 2006, 05:06:53 PM »
Semin is gonna score more goals than Ovy this year, methinks.

« Reply #6: October 13, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

"Uh huh, huh, huh....Semin SCORES.  UH HUH,HUH, HUH, HUH....."

nospinzone1

« Reply #7: October 13, 2006, 06:42:35 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Semin is gonna score more goals than Ovy this year, methinks.

I KEEP THINKING OF HIS NAME AS SEMEN