Author Topic: Pinch hit bunt?  (Read 606 times)

Offline Dave B

Pinch hit bunt?
« Topic Start: April 29, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »
Whats with the pinch hit bunts? I cant recall the exact situations, but they did it last night and tried to today with wilson.  It seems like a waste of a player and usually also a pitcher

nats1derful

Re: Pinch hit bunt?
« Reply #1: April 29, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »
If it's a situation that calls for a bunt, to move the runner into scoring position, and you have a guy who is particularly good at bunting, why not?  Unfortunately, these days, not too many pitchers are really that good at it.  So, it makes sense to me, if you're trying to win the game and you think doing this will help. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2: April 29, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
It's too bad we can't bunt.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3: April 29, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »
If it's a situation that calls for a bunt, to move the runner into scoring position, and you have a guy who is particularly good at bunting, why not?  Unfortunately, these days, not too many pitchers are really that good at it.  So, it makes sense to me, if you're trying to win the game and you think doing this will help. 

yeah well, if you cant bunt, learn.  its a waste.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #4: April 29, 2007, 10:36:25 PM »
yeah well, if you cant bunt, learn.  its a waste.
If you can't bunt...then put your damn body in front of the ball and get on base that way.   :?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #5: April 29, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »

Are you talking about Wilson for Snelling in the 8th?  If so, that totally baffled, well, everyone.  And it sucked.

If you can't bunt...then put your damn body in front of the ball and get on base that way.   :?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #6: April 29, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »

Are you talking about Wilson for Snelling in the 8th?  If so, that totally baffled, well, everyone.  And it sucked.

Yeah. i think they also did it last night for one of the relief pitchers after he had a good inning. Maybe Rauch.  I dont think this is the first time I've seen it