Author Topic: I feel like this could apply to WNFF, too, not sure where to put it...  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

I am afraid I now am obligated to challenge you to a duel for subjecting me to that inane drivel. I suggest super soakers at high noon.

Offline DPMOmaha

Accepted.  Turn and walk 5 paces

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Forum dwellers, we're also keeping an eye on consistently negative posters. Again, we understand frustration but if you can't post anything but negativity for 150 consecutive posts, consider yourself warned.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   

:'(

Offline Hogie

"a pretty awful baseball team to watch"

Sorry, does not apply here!

Offline Obed_Marsh

"a pretty awful ... team to watch"

Sorry, does not apply here!

Don't be so hasty. It seems applicable to the Redskins and Wizards threads. :poke:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I just pretty much stay out of gameday threads anymore. That fixes the problem of poster negativity and ridiculous expectations for me.

Offline houston-nat

I just pretty much stay out of gameday threads anymore. That fixes the problem of poster negativity/jerkdom for me.

I hear ya, but I could never quit gameday theads. They're like crack. Plus, when MLB Gameday craps out, like the 9th-11th innings last night, I actually followed the game via the thread.

Offline GburgNatsFan

i drop in and out. When Strassie is pitching and I think someone is about to call him - a man that is likely better in every aspect of his life than the poster - a wussy, I stay away.

I hear ya, but I could never quit gameday theads. They're like crack. Plus, when MLB Gameday craps out, like the 9th-11th innings last night, I actually followed the game via the thread.

Online HalfSmokes

I think winning has actually erased most of the most vicious/personal debates here :shrug: Then again, I tend to avoid game day threads

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude

That's pretty much it. I love seeing everyone's reactions, negative or positive, and it's a great place to get questions answered as well. I've used it a couple of times when attending a game to figure out what the hell just happened on the field (say, a player gets injured or an ump argues with a call on a play I couldn't see clearly).

Offline GburgNatsFan

It used to be better for getting questions answered. Where is Spidernat, anyway?
That's pretty much it. I love seeing everyone's reactions, negative or positive, and it's a great place to get questions answered as well. I've used it a couple of times when attending a game to figure out what the hell just happened on the field (say, a player gets injured or an ump argues with a call on a play I couldn't see clearly).

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Start using ignore of the two clowns like I've been doing and everything gets better!

Offline Count Walewski

Everyone knows that Cleveland Indians gameday discussions are the best in the majors. We need Tribe Time to come link us to their guide.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Start using ignore of the two clowns like I've been doing and everything gets better!
Thanks jerk.... :(

Offline mitlen

I avoid GDT(s) because no one is as baseball savvy as me.    I'm tired of posters having opinions that are different than mine because they are obviously misinformed.   It exhausts me to read SF's and PC's stuff all night.     I do all this for the team.    I don't care about WAR (what is it good for), OBP, GNP, USSR or DNA.   I just wanna nag and be a smartass.     I just wanna have a nice evening yapping baseball.   

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I avoid GDT(s) because no one is as baseball savvy as me.    I'm tired of posters having opinions that are different than mine because they are obviously misinformed.   It exhausts me to read SF's and PC's stuff all night.     I do all this from the team.    I don't care about WAR (what is it good for), OBP, GNP, USSr or DNA.   I just wanna nag and be a smartass.     

You care about drinking and Akra though.

Offline mitlen

You care about drinking and Akra though.

Amen brother !    However, not in that order.

Disclaimer:    ;)    Seriously, the only thing better than being at the game is reading the guys/girls "talking" baseball   ...   good, bad and ugly.

Offline GburgNatsFan

You are wise. Your avi should be Yoda.

Smartass.  ;)

I avoid GDT(s) because no one is as baseball savvy as me.    I'm tired of posters having opinions that are different than mine because they are obviously misinformed.   It exhausts me to read SF's and PC's stuff all night.     I do all this for the team.    I don't care about WAR (what is it good for), OBP, GNP, USSR or DNA.   I just wanna nag and be a smartass.     I just wanna have a nice evening yapping baseball.   

Everyone knows that Cleveland Indians gameday discussions are the best in the majors. We need Tribe Time to come link us to their guide.
:crackup:

Offline DPMOmaha

I wish the posts of those you ignore disappeared.  I don't like the "You're ignoring this poster" message.

Offline BerkeleyNat