Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 3  (Read 12817 times)

Offline HATA

Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 3 (Curly W)
« Reply #175: April 04, 2007, 03:58:28 PM »
holy crap!  I leave and the Nats come from behind to win it?  WHA?!?!

The offense FINALLY opened up, better late than never.  I'm so relieved the Nats didn't get swept in their opening series, it's just a morale crusher that this team does not need on top of everything else.  A hard fought win for the Nationals.

« Reply #176: April 04, 2007, 04:02:29 PM »
INCREDIBLE!  I had to bow out from listening around the bottom of the 7th and just got home to check the score.  NATS!!!!!!!!

Offline eckseid

« Reply #177: April 04, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
Good win by the nats, bang zoom!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #178: April 04, 2007, 04:08:01 PM »
man, i;m mad i couldn't see this game. 

They'll rerun it, and it will be worth watching. It was great because they had Dmitri Young mic'd up during the game. So you got to hear his comments as well as the sound from all the scrum at the end.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #179: April 04, 2007, 04:08:07 PM »
Great game! Good for Young, he's really growing on me. Bring on the Broke Backs, i mean D-Backs!

Offline rodlang

« Reply #180: April 04, 2007, 04:09:47 PM »
Have to figure a way to get Bellard in the lineup, the guy just has the knack for getting big hits.  And as bad as Young is with the glove, they need his bat in the lineup.  Great win for Manny and the boys!!!

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #181: April 04, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »
Great game! Good for Young, he's really growing on me. Bring on the Broke Backs, i mean D-Backs!

Young was one of the most likeable guys at ST. He tries the patience defensively, but it is fun to watch him and Fick celebrate at the end like that. He's here for his bat, so it was a good guy to have when you need a fly ball.

« Reply #182: April 04, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
D-Tank looking good!  Great win.  Congrads to Manny and the boys.

Next up: D-Backs.  The Nats should take some anger out on these guys considering the snakes stole our uniforms.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #183: April 04, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »
Have to figure a way to get Bellard in the lineup, the guy just has the knack for getting big hits.

The reason to move Lopez to short was only if Guzman was going to be out for an extended period of time. Once he went on the DL, it opened the door for Belliard. I'm not a big believer in the notion of what most refer to as "clutch hitting" as everyone will still fail most of the time. But Belliard is a legitimate 2B. With Guzman on the DL, this is no longer a matter of getting Belliard in the lineup. It is now about (or should be about) whether the combo that is in there can keep Guzman out of the lineup for good. Only time will tell if the Lopez/Belliard tandem performs at a level that makes it nonsensical to change.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #184: April 04, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
D-Tank looking good!  Great win.  Congrads to Manny and the boys.

Next up: D-Backs.  The Nats should take some anger out on these guys considering the snakes stole our uniforms.

How could i forget about that. Real lame on the D-Backs part. I think Livo should start Sunday vs Us, but I'm not positive.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #185: April 04, 2007, 04:26:49 PM »
Livan is pitching vs Shawn Hill this weekend.

I officially like Young now. I didn't before but now I like him.

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #186: April 04, 2007, 04:47:15 PM »
I guess not watching the gameday worked huh? lol. great to see we came back, let's ride the momentum baby.

GO NATS!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #187: April 04, 2007, 05:20:06 PM »
They'll rerun it, and it will be worth watching. It was great because they had Dmitri Young mic'd up during the game. So you got to hear his comments as well as the sound from all the scrum at the end.

MASN scheduled the re-broadcast of today's game for TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT
BE THERE or you will LOSE YOUR COMPUTER!

And DON'T LOCK this THREAD until AFTER it's OVER!!!!

Sarahea03

« Reply #188: April 04, 2007, 05:46:03 PM »
Yay!  I'm so glad that they won. :-)  I wish I could have been at the game, but at least I know people who were there. :-)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #189: April 04, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »
Hey guys, just got back.  What an awesome game.  It was pretty boring and gloomy until Church hit the homer.  After that, and with the bullpen shutting down the fish, you could just feel that something special had to happen.  I'll be posting some pics later :D

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #190: April 04, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »
Hey guys, just got back.  What an awesome game.  It was pretty boring and gloomy until Church hit the homer.  After that, and with the bullpen shutting down the fish, you could just feel that something special had to happen.  I'll be posting some pics later :D
Nice! That's sick that you were there. Can't wait until you post the pics!!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #191: April 04, 2007, 08:10:12 PM »
BANG!

....................................... ..............ZOOM!

NATIONALS

....................................... ...............WIN!!!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #192: April 04, 2007, 09:31:06 PM »
Bang Zoom! Another Curly W Is In the Books!!!

Great job by Gamer Churchie and Kory the Kid.  As expected our bullpen was lights out.

Offline arlington

« Reply #193: April 05, 2007, 09:33:48 AM »
That was an awsome game to watch, even if the first five innings caused you to question why you'd want to sit out in a cold, damp, practically empty (although not by the standard of the Senators games I attended in my youth) stadium.  You could see Sanchez get tired, and he made the mistake of throwing Church what was left of his fastball on the first pitch.  Ryan didn't miss it.  The momentum shifted from there. 

Remembering that Julio was just obtained to be the Fish closer, I kept hoping that the pen would hold the deficit at 2.  Well within Julio's range.  And stranding two runners at third (one thanks to Ray) was improbable but excellent.  Reminds me of the winning formula from the first half of 2005.  Win the game by making it a contest between bullpens.  The Nats need better performances by their starters to make this formula work. 

Dimitri swung at 2-0 pitches in two consecutive at bats.  After the first time we were sure he wouldn't do it on the walk off.  Rules are made to be broken. 

Sitting very close to the field, you saw that all of the Marlins hitters are BUILT.  Uggla must have spent every day of his 9 years in the minors in the weight room.  Rameriez is taller and much more muscular than it looks on TV.  And even their center fielder has the upper body of a catcher.  And no one needs to be told how scary Cabrerra looks, even without the smeared eye black.  That is one scary offense. 

Fick is the gamer he is made out to be.  After he crossed the plate, he was yelling and even high fived the crowd outside the backstop. 
Casto has a natural swing, and hopefully he'll start  putting some liners in the gaps as he gets used to being a major leaguer. 

The RFK official scorer is much too lenient.  Helps the hitters, but I think the pitchers aren't going to appreciate all the "hits" on fielded balls that don't produce outs.  But this year, maybe we need that. 

Awsome come back win.  That's the beauty of baseball.