Author Topic: suggestions for the 7th inning stretch song  (Read 9932 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
"No Surrender" by Bruce Springstein

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Rockin in the USA by Mellencamp

The song that gets chosen has to be easy for the crowd to sing along with. You think that would be an obvious criteria but I'm not sure even Take On Me met that, except for the high notes. Let's put it this way, if they have to put the lyrics on the scoreboard, then it's not easy to sing along with.

Offline Baseball is Life

The Locomotion by Little Eva

Offline NatsDad14

Anything other than Sweet Caroline

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

I guess not

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

I guess not

Their first choice for a Clash song was Washington Bullets but the Pollin family wouldn't allow it.

they need a good singalong song

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
For whatever reason, my wife seemed really disappointed today that they don't do Take On Me. I thought she knew that they dumped the song.

Offline BH34Natural

Bring back Take On Me, the fans owned it.

Agree

Offline Baseball is Life

Agree

Nah, it's just too hard to sing along with. If you have to put the lyrics on the board, then that should disqualify that song.

Offline Dave301

I like how they play Walk Like a Man after a walk. This would be fun too:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline CALSGR8

Local boys done well.

Offline Dave301

They should mix in more recent hits also:

Offline tomwvr

Not a big OAR fan  - that is the only song that I know of from them - but hell yes they are local - from Rockville - perfect for the 7th inning

Tom

Offline CALSGR8

Keep your head up

Roar

Brave

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
The Washington Post March

The William Tell Overture (in support of my continuing Beat The Chop campaign, although the Garyowen is better)

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
I think we should start doing the tomahawk chop.  Blatantly steal it and do it 12-15 times a game.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think we should start doing the tomahawk chop.  Blatantly steal it and do it 12-15 times a game.
except to make it out own, we should do it with a fist and an extended middle finger

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.

I was always surprised that the Braves would use both, a cavalry charge AND the tomahawk chop....no sense of history there.

Offline jhuterp

Something that doesn't suck would be good.  A song that would rock the place like "Blame It On the Boom Boom" by Blackstone Cherry would be cool, unfortunately it's not really family friendly.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
last night's song was 99 lift balloons.  I think whoever is responsible for playing the song is trolling the fans.  What's next, Snow's "Informer"?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I was always surprised that the Braves would use both, a cavalry charge AND the tomahawk chop....no sense of history there.

i have the perfect song (Cope. this one is for you):

Offline Baseball is Life

Friday night it was "Down at the Twist and Shout" by local girl Mary Chapin Carpenter. Great song but low sing along factor.

Offline Dave301

Great song but low sing along factor.
Songs that people can dance to are more fun. Seeing everyone clap along and dancing on the big screen is the best.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
- "Centerfield", aka "Put me in, coach"
- "Washington Post March", and sell the rights to the Post. I don't know if Sousa had lyrics -- can't find them on the net -- but about 1960 the Post advertised itself using the music and some primitive lyrics: "One of the world's great news-pa-pers / The Washington Post the Post the Post / the Washington Post the Post the Post". Yes, the Post hired Sousa to write the song.
- Something from "Damn Yankees"..."You gotta have heart", for instance: "You gotta have heart! / miles and miles and miles of heart / when the odds are sayin you'll never win / that's when the grin / should start..."