Author Topic: Curly W cap sightings (2007 - 2011)  (Read 45519 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Curly W cap sightings
« Reply #375: April 21, 2011, 10:14:08 AM »
A metaphorical sighting.

I was at a cocktail reception yesterday evening for members of the local business community who are financial managers, as well as service providers like bankers and accountants.  There was a drawing for 4 box seats - right by the visitor on-deck circle - for an Orioles/Nats game at Camden Yards.  The guy announcing the drawing said they were 4 Orioles tickets, told a little about them, then gave the sponsor/donor a moment to make a pitch.  The banker immediately made a loud correction - "those are NATIONALS tickets", to chortles and more than a few "that's right", and "yeah" from the audience.

:thumbs:

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #376: April 22, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
I'll tell you where I haven't seen a Curly W: my head. I lost my hat a few months ago and it's made me super sad, especially cause I cut my hair the other day and can now wear a hat again instead of it sitting on my fro.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #377: April 22, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »
I'll tell you where I haven't seen a Curly W: my head. I lost my hat a few months ago and it's made me super sad, especially cause I cut my hair the other day and can now wear a hat again instead of it sitting on my fro.
So the avatar is an old photo of you, not current? 

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #378: April 22, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
So the avatar is an old photo of you, not current? 

Yeah, that's my high school yearbook photo. Still got some baby fat on the face there. Oh, to be young again.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #379: May 23, 2011, 12:30:33 AM »
Old man wearing red curly w cap at progressive field this afternoon for Red/Indians game.  Had mine on as well.  Had to leave after the 5th to catch my flight home.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #380: May 23, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »
I was at the Air Show yesterday at Andrews Air Force Base and I could not get over all the Curly Dubs!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #381: May 23, 2011, 09:13:04 AM »
I was at the Air Show yesterday at Andrews Air Force Base and I could not get over all the Curly Dubs!

Ack I forgot to go - I had a mega-headache anyway.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #382: May 23, 2011, 09:19:01 AM »
My heads too damn big. I have a L/XL blue :w: hat but it's a bit tight lol... I guess I need to get fitted hats... sigh... L/XL hats used to fit me, you'd think I was on HGH or something lol

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #383: May 23, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »
No, you're just a brainiac!

Offline APBA Baseball

« Reply #384: May 24, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »
this the the cap I wear most often. Funny thing happened today in the grocery store, of all places. And just to set it up, there is a very small town up here of about 500 people called Richmondville. And for some unknown reason we also have "West Richmondville" consisting of about 200 people.

So I'm in the store...and a complete stranger says to me..."I gotta ask what is the "W" for on your cap.

I say..."West Richmondville".

He laughs and says..."seriously is that a Washington Nationals cap? Because if it is, you're the very first person I have ever seen wearing a Nationals cap".

Offline natstime

« Reply #385: May 24, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
this the the cap I wear most often. Funny thing happened today in the grocery store, of all places. And just to set it up, there is a very small town up here of about 500 people called Richmondville. And for some unknown reason we also have "West Richmondville" consisting of about 200 people.

So I'm in the store...and a complete stranger says to me..."I gotta ask what is the "W" for on your cap.

I say..."West Richmondville".

He laughs and says..."seriously is that a Washington Nationals cap? Because if it is, you're the very first person I have ever seen wearing a Nationals cap".

Does this guy live under a rock???  Even if he occationaly turns on the evening news he would see 20 seconds of highlights.

Offline raveoned

« Reply #386: May 24, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »
Sometimes when I wear my red "W" cap, my wife says someone will think I work at Walgreens.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #387: May 25, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
Does this guy live under a rock???  Even if he occationaly turns on the evening news he would see 20 seconds of highlights.
ABPA doesn't live in the DC metro area.

Offline natstime

« Reply #388: May 25, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »
ABPA doesn't live in the DC metro area.

He said he lives in Richmond.  I've never watched nightly news in Richmond.  Do they not show DC sports highlights?????

Offline Nathan

« Reply #389: May 25, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »
Read again.  "Richmondville."  That's in NY.

Offline natstime

« Reply #390: May 25, 2011, 06:52:44 PM »
Read again.  "Richmondville."  That's in NY.

ahhhh my mistake

Offline Nathan

« Reply #391: May 25, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
I wouldn't have known either without the :worship: ALL KNOWING GOOGLE :worship:

Offline dodgergrrl4rlz

« Reply #392: June 05, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
/bump

sadly, I've been seeing Curly W caps in the icky parts of Orange County, CA

http://www.youthradio.org/news/baseball-hats-as-gang-symbols

Two types of Washington Nationals hats are popular with all types of Bloods, as they stand for “West Coast” and “Death to Crips,” respectively.

Been seeing them for a few years now :(

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #393: June 05, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
Hell yeah nats that's how we roll. Damn it feels good to be gangsta 8)

Greetings dodgers!  My second favorite NL team.

Offline NattyTime

« Reply #394: June 05, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
thats so dumb. I thought the big thing with being in a gang is representing where your from..not wearing a cap that would misrepresent that.

I live about 30 miles east of Oakland and I have yet to have any issues with my red curly W cap. I had more issues in Baltimore with it that I have out here

/bump

sadly, I've been seeing Curly W caps in the icky parts of Orange County, CA

http://www.youthradio.org/news/baseball-hats-as-gang-symbols

Been seeing them for a few years now :(

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #395: June 05, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »
Yeah. Here in Suburban Maryland I started noticing a lot of Cinci hats, the one with the stylized "C". Too many to be coincidence.

thats so dumb. I thought the big thing with being in a gang is representing where your from..not wearing a cap that would misrepresent that.

I live about 30 miles east of Oakland and I have yet to have any issues with my red curly W cap. I had more issues in Baltimore with it that I have out here

Offline zoom

« Reply #396: June 27, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »
Puetz Golf Center, Seattle, Wa.  I made a comment about it and told him i was a Nats fan as well.  We joked that we are not popular around Seattle. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #397: June 27, 2011, 12:50:25 PM »
I'm kind of psyched to go to my breakfast deli up in a boston suburb this week to see the guy behind the counter who was an early adopter of thte Nats.  I don't think it is PatsNats28 (too old).  The guy may be going nuts with the I told you so stuff.

Actually, I'm kind of psyched to go to a deli, period.

Offline zoom

« Reply #398: June 27, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
is he a fellow Expos orphan?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #399: June 27, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »
is he a fellow Expos orphan?
Nah.  I think he may have come down in the spring of last year or for the '09 series and had a good time.  Started following the team.