Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 15692 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "2k6nats"
Quote from: "spidernat"
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Quote from: "spidernat"
oh ok. my brother told me he is getting directv soon, he lives in tampa, and suspects masn will blakcout all the games. does that sound right?

No.  My friend has MLB.TV Extra Innings on DirecTV, and MASN is not blacked out.  Extra Innings has the home broadcasts for every game.

so even if you're in tampa and you pay for the full package you will get to see the games?

Yeah, every MLB game is broadcasted via the home team's network.

The policy is in the thread with Restaurants that air Nationals games http://www.nationalsforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=806
Each team has a geographic territory defined by MLB.  Washington is sharing Baltimore's, and a contract was made to pay Angelos 90% of our local TV revenue, decling to 67% later.
Baltimore/Washington's market includes: DC, MD, VA, DE, WV, south-central PA, and NC.  Anyone outside that area should be able to get ALL Nationals games broadcast by MASN through MLB Extra Innings, a package available on digital cable/satellite that shows all out-of-home-team's-market games on a group of channels.