Author Topic: Send Bryce Down Until He Grows Up  (Read 11764 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Send Bryce Down Until He Grows Up
« Reply #150: August 30, 2012, 09:30:19 AM »
I'm surprised no one else has put it this bluntly, but I'm glad Buckner tossed him.  I hope he gets tossed in a few games we have in hand over the next month.  anything that could remotely be seen as directed at an ump over the next month should get him tossed (again, when we have a big lead).  It is one of the things you have to learn, and I'd rather have it now than in the playoffs. 

As far as Youk / O'Neil etc... types go, I get more pissed at the grimacing and stepping out, looking away, showing up the ump that hitters do now than I do at a guy who takes out the occasional water cooler or tosses a helmet BACK TOWARDS THE DUGOUT.  There's a huge difference between that and breaking multiple bats slamming them down at home plate after a K (thankfully, he does not do that after called third strikes).  Toss a helmet at the foot of an ump and you get run.  Period.  Even the notorious hard edge guys did not do that.

He has a rep as a hot head.  That's OK, but you have to know that you are being watched and steer clear of doing anything directed at the umps.