2004 Montreal Expos
0 (0%)
2005 Washington Nationals
13 (100%)
2006 Washington Nationals
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 14, 2006, 11:14:31 PM

Author Topic: Which is the better team?  (Read 1973 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Which is the better team?
« Topic Start: August 14, 2006, 11:14:31 PM »
I ask this question out of curiousity, having no roots to the Montreal Expos at all.  Personally, I think this year's problems are more on morale and injuries more than lack of talent.  So discounting all injuries, which team has/had the most talent, the 04 Expos, the 05 Nats, or the 06 Nats?

By the way, I have gotten a new avatar, and a new sig.  Kind of like a grand reopening of sorts  :)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1: August 14, 2006, 11:27:02 PM »
Nice sig, I like.  I would say it's pretty obvious that the 2005 Nats were the best team out of the three that you've listed.  They finished with a .500 record, which is something this years team can only dream of, and the 2004 Expos came nowhere close to.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2: August 14, 2006, 11:30:02 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Nice sig, I like.  I would say it's pretty obvious that the 2005 Nats were the best team out of the three that you've listed.  They finished with a .500 record, which is something this years team can only dream of, and the 2004 Expos came nowhere close to.

Thanks Chief!

I agree, I think the 05 team won with enthusiasm, something lacking of the 04 and 06 clubs.

I think I'm gonna go with the Cordero-Schneider celebration after a save as my avatar.

Offline Vladman1327

« Reply #3: August 15, 2006, 12:45:36 AM »
Well, it's a tough question.  Going solely based on records, definitely the 05 Nats.  But remember, the 05 Nats did not have Zimmerman or Soriano.  Johnson was out for a while, Vidro was out for a long time, and Guillen was injured and sucked at the end of the year.

I would like to have a write-in vote.  The 2005/2006 combination of the Washington Nationals.  The 05 pitching combined with the 06 hitting.  That team would compete.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #4: August 15, 2006, 01:14:04 AM »
Quote from: "Vladman1327"
Well, it's a tough question.  Going solely based on records, definitely the 05 Nats.  But remember, the 05 Nats did not have Zimmerman or Soriano.  Johnson was out for a while, Vidro was out for a long time, and Guillen was injured and sucked at the end of the year.

I would like to have a write-in vote.  The 2005/2006 combination of the Washington Nationals.  The 05 pitching combined with the 06 hitting.  That team would compete.

The 05 Nats had Zimmerman for a portion of the season, he batted .397 during that time.  And they had the makeup of a quality ballclub, which we currently do not have.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #5: August 15, 2006, 08:18:52 AM »
I would say the 05 Nats mainly because everyone was playing better.Chad was unbeatable, JPatt was awesome, Wilkerson was a doubles machine, Nick was Mr. Clutch, Schneider was throwin out guys left and right...

If Patterson, Ayala, and Schneider all were healthy this year like last year, it would be a totally different story. And I would say this year. But that's all just on potential.

iluvryanzimmerman

« Reply #6: August 15, 2006, 09:06:49 AM »
Go Nats !!!

ncg1983

« Reply #7: August 15, 2006, 10:45:39 AM »
2005 Nats.  As bad as we are this year, I think next year we can end up at .500 just like in '05, if we can resign Soriano.  If you take our team right now but put Patterson, Lawrence in the rotation, as well as Ayala in the bullpen.  In addition, Guzman comes back to SS, moving Lopez to 2B.  If we can stay healthy and keep Soriano, we can be respectible next year.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #8: August 15, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
Lawrence won't be in the rotation, me thinks.
I wouldn't say move Lopez just because Guzman comes back. Guzman hasn't proven to us anything, why should he get precedence over Lopez? I would try to trade Guzman.
Still, next year will be an improved team.

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #9: August 15, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »
05 Nats

Quote from: "Nats19"
I wouldn't say move Lopez just because Guzman comes back. Guzman hasn't proven to us anything, why should he get precedence over Lopez? I would try to trade Guzman.

you are dreaming if thinking about trading Guzman, don't get me wrong I'd love to, but until he proves that he's worth that amount of money we are stuck with him. And also he's not getting precedence over lopez it's just that Lopez can play 2B while Guzman only plays SS I believe.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #10: August 15, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »

Actually in 05 Guzman's problem was his eyesight, he had laser eye surgery in the offseason, and was hitting lasers this spring training.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #11: August 15, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
I'm not believing that until I see him hitting Major league pitching.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #12: August 15, 2006, 12:21:01 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
05 Nats

you are dreaming if thinking about trading Guzman, don't get me wrong I'd love to, but until he proves that he's worth that amount of money we are stuck with him. And also he's not getting precedence over lopez it's just that Lopez can play 2B while Guzman only plays SS I believe.

I just think we could have a better option if we can deal Guzman for a 2nd baseman.

I know his salary is bad, but we all know Lopez has been better so far and until Guzman can prove to me that he is worth the money I say look for offers for him.

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #13: August 15, 2006, 12:38:56 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
05 Nats

I just think we could have a better option if we can deal Guzman for a 2nd baseman.

I know his salary is bad, but we all know Lopez has been better so far and until Guzman can prove to me that he is worth the money I say look for offers for him.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree to look for offers, but I do not believe that there will be any.