Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 120530 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude: Class Action Suit
« Reply #1925: October 18, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
Yo Lerner, I want 90% of $160 now, nag.

The legality of pocketing the fees is...questionable. In 2002 the Yankees pulled the same move, keeping nearly $1.5 million in service charges for playoff games they never played. The State Attorney General got involved and forced the team to refund 90 percent of that cash. The last 10 percent was deemed more than enough to cover the team's actual costs. Since then, the Yankees and most MLB teams give full refunds.

m.deadspin.com/5952871/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1926: October 18, 2012, 01:00:38 PM »
 :whistle:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1927: October 18, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
Yo Lerner, I want 90% of $160 now, nag.

m.deadspin.com/5952871/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm wondering how much of that is the MLB and how much of it is Ticketmaster (mostly likely it's all the MLB) - Ticketmaster says that they will refund all of your fees on their purchases except for shipping fees and on "some Major League Baseball purchases". http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/returns.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_rp

It would be really nice to get some of that money back, I'm all for some pressure on the MLB in that regard. But I'm not surprised that this is happening.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1928: October 18, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
Lerners aren't cheap with payroll anymore. Gotta be cheap somewhere else

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #1929: October 18, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
I thought that it was just the convenience fee that wasn't being refunded, $4 per order. But it's the fee per ticket too, for the NLCS I paid $7 per ticket. Including the tie breaker and wild card games I paid $160 in fees that the old man is holding on to. Printing and mailing? Everyone printed their tickets at home. From six unplayed games the greedy bastards netted over a million bucks.

Gratitude my ass.

I don't think that's right.  This is from the team's webpage, linked above -- "Any single game tickets purchased through Tickets.com, over the phone or online, for games that go un-played will have the face value of the ticket and the convenience fee refunded. All other fees are non-refundable."

So, the "convenience fee" of $7 per ticket will get refunded.  It's the $4 "order processing fee" that will not get refunded.  At least that's what their rules say.  If it turns out otherwise, I'll be pissed, but let's wait and see what the refunds are before we raise the pitchforks.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1930: October 18, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »
That's how I'm interpreting it, rbw5t. Anyone call the Nationals yet to confirm that? Way better than just whining here.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1931: October 18, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
In the Deadspin article the Os tried to blame MLB policy but the league denied it and the Os had to fess up.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1932: October 18, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »
I don't think that's right.  This is from the team's webpage, linked above -- "Any single game tickets purchased through Tickets.com, over the phone or online, for games that go un-played will have the face value of the ticket and the convenience fee refunded. All other fees are non-refundable."

So, the "convenience fee" of $7 per ticket will get refunded.  It's the $4 "order processing fee" that will not get refunded.  At least that's what their rules say.  If it turns out otherwise, I'll be pissed, but let's wait and see what the refunds are before we raise the pitchforks.

That's what I thought initially, that it was the $4 per set of tickets, not the charge per ticket. I paid $6 per ticket for the tie breaker and wild card games and $7 per ticket for the NLCS, which adds up. If it's just the $8 I paid for the two purchases the old man can keep it if it makes him happy, but $160 for processing print at home tickets is bull.

Wish we could get some clarity on this, I'd hate to get worked up over nothing.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1933: October 18, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Since when? ;)

Seriously, I've never understood convenience fees. If you walk up to the box office, where there is labor involved, do you NOT get charged a convenience fee?

Build the price into the damn ticket and stop jerking me around.

<snip>

Wish we could get some clarity on this, I'd hate to get worked up over nothing.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1934: October 18, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
The Dodgers policy:

Ticketmaster Outlets, Telephone and Internet Purchases: Ticket holders who purchased tickets through Ticketmaster, over the telephone or via the Internet will receive a refund from Ticketmaster issued through either a credit to the credit card used for the original ticket purchase or a refund check. The actual ticket will have no cash value. Tickets purchased at participating Ticketmaster outlets should be returned to the original point of purchase for a full refund, including the handling fee. TICKETS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN ONE YEAR FOLLOWING THE DATE ON WHICH THE APPLICABLE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYED.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/tickets/ps_refund_2012.jsp

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1935: October 18, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »
DETROIT TIGERS 2012 POSTSEASON REFUND POLICY

Tickets.com Internet Purchases: Ticket holders who purchased tickets through Tickets.com via the Internet will receive an automatic refund through a credit issued to the credit card used for the original ticket purchase. The actual ticket will have no cash value AND SHOULD NOT BE RETURNED. Ticket holders who purchased individual Postseason games (Not Part of a Series Strip) will be refunded the per ticket convenience fee for any games unplayed. Per Order Processing/Shipping & Handling fees, and Per Series fees are non-refundable for games purchased as part of a Series Strip.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1936: October 18, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
Edit: according to Deadspin 18 of the 25 teams that issued playoff tickets over the past four years offer full refunds of service charges.  Ticketmaster, Tickets.com, and MLB have no say whatsoever in this policy, it's on the team.

Yanks

TICKETMASTER TELEPHONE AND INTERNET PURCHASES: Ticketholders who purchased tickets through Ticketmaster, over the telephone or via the Internet, will receive a refund from Ticketmaster issued as a credit to the credit card used for the original ticket purchase.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1937: October 18, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
Why is PB on the "watched" list?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1938: October 18, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
Why is PB on the "watched" list?

Responding to BiL in Manglish, oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1939: October 18, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »
What is the watched list?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1940: October 18, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
What is the watched list?

The forum has a warning tool that allows for points to be assigned, and ultimately trigger suspensions of posting privileges.  But mostly, it's fun for bored moderators.     :whip:   :twisted:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1941: October 18, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »

Don't you know by now that the SSS gets the special kid glove treatment around these parts? They're WNFF's Duke of college basketball when it pertains to foul calls.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1942: October 18, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
The forum has a warning tool that allows for points to be assigned, and ultimately trigger suspensions of posting privileges.  But mostly, it's fun for bored moderators.     :whip:   :twisted:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1943: October 18, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »
Don't you know by now that the SSS gets the special kid glove treatment around these parts? They're WNFF's Duke of college basketball when it pertains to foul calls.

I warned BiL too, dumbass.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1944: October 18, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
It's pronounced Dumas.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1945: October 18, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
So, Eddie Vedder was right about TicketMaster? 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1946: October 19, 2012, 01:47:11 AM »
So, Eddie Vedder was right about TicketMaster? 
Irrelevant, the nats use tickets.com

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1947: October 19, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »

The sad part about the demise of Manglish is that I'm guessing that most people underestimate the care that went into each post. First I had to draft a particularly clever response, I couldn't have someone bother to decipher the message just to discover that it was "Drink your Ovaltine". Then I had to craft a whole new dialect. Manglish was a tribute to the Ballpark Guys Mannyglish, which was of course is in turn a tribute to Manny Acta's speech patterns. I started with the Mexican dialect and added in generous portions of Asian, Jar Jar Binks, and Tweebonics to get the perfect mix.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1949: October 19, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
PB - so are they doing a movie about you like they did about the Navajo code talkers?  Who plays you?  John Malkovich?