Author Topic: OUR PET DOG BLANQUITA IS DYING  (Read 3753 times)

nospinzone1

OUR PET DOG BLANQUITA IS DYING
« Topic Start: June 10, 2007, 01:17:44 AM »
IT IS WIth a heavy heart that I inform you that we found out Sat. Nite that she has an inoperable big tumor in her lung. My wife and I are besides ourselves and we will probably put her to sleep today Sunday. May G-d put her in doggie heaven./b]

natsfan1a

Re: OUR PET DOG BLANQUITA IS DYING
« Reply #1: June 10, 2007, 08:40:18 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure that she'll end up in doggie heaven, or the happy hunting grounds, as my mom used to call it when our pets passed on.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #2: June 10, 2007, 10:34:16 AM »
oh that is so very sad!!!  I feel terrible for you two!  That's got to be the saddest news I have heard in a long time!  I'll be praying for you two to feel a special peace and close comforting today and in the days to come!

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #3: June 10, 2007, 10:38:56 AM »
oh that is so very sad!!!  I feel terrible for you two!  That's got to be the saddest news I have heard in a long time!  I'll be praying for you two to feel a special peace and close comforting today and in the days to come!

It can't be said any better than that.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #4: June 10, 2007, 11:30:51 AM »
I know exactly the pain you are feeling. Some folks tend to downplay the grief that we feel when our pets are sick or die, but I can tell you it's very very real and very very intense. My prayers are with you and your wife over Blanquita. I feel for you.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #5: June 10, 2007, 07:14:10 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that...will light a candle for Blanquita.

nospinzone1

« Reply #6: June 10, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
thank you, my friends. she died peacefully in my arms. she did not want to look at us as if she knew that we would be hurting just as much as she was. I know she is on her way to doggie heaven.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #7: June 10, 2007, 09:47:52 PM »
OMG,

im so sorry. as a pet owner ever since i have been little. i have a 13 y/o jack russell terrier. she still acts like a puppy. but i hope she never goes, but i will be a wreck the day she does go.

so, my heart goes out to you and your wife!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure she is up in doggie heaven.

:-(

nospinzone1

« Reply #8: June 10, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »
OMG,

im so sorry. as a pet owner ever since i have been little. i have a 13 y/o jack russell terrier. she still acts like a puppy. but i hope she never goes, but i will be a wreck the day she does go.

so, my heart goes out to you and your wife!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure she is up in doggie heaven.

:-(

Thanks Erica. It hurts us both a lot. The vet that put her to sleep reccomends that we get another dog as soon as possible so as Maria not having to spend time by herself when I am out of the house. I think it would benefit me also. It is not like we are forgetting about Blanquita but for our own sanity,. I have been thinking for a while about a retired racer greyhound but I dont know how Maria might feel about having a larger dog. Everything I have read about greyhounds are positive. I would have prefered to look for an Italian miniature greyhound but the info is not very favorabvle, it seems they stay mentally at about 2 year old thinking and they have a hard time being trained for potty training. I was looking at a poster at the waiting room about your kind of doggie that they are giving away. It has come at a bad tme for my acid reflux. it is making it worth and none of the meds for it works for me. I have bought in the internet a natural product that is not very easy to find and it is used in Europe a lot. it is called IBEROGAST. Maybe this will work.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #9: June 10, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »
I have a couple friends that have greyhounds (rescues from the dog tracks down here), and they make wonderful pets.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #10: June 10, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »
aww.. im sure the right dog will find you both!

i adopted a male adult cat two decembers ago. his name is henry. he was the best adoption ive done. henry and sony, my dog. they get along great!

when i was in the hunt for an older cat. i looked and looked every weekend at the petsmarts and petco's at all of their adoption days...

i must have drug matt out for 5 weekends in a row. well the one day i was running in to get pet food. well thats when i saw henry in a cage tucked away from all the people.

i feel in love with him, i wasnt looking for a pet. but i knew he was the pet i needed to save. if you're an animal person, you will know the feeling you get when you find the "right" pet!

anyways, its been almost 1.5 years and he and sony are the best of pals. i couldnt have asked for a nicer cat.

anyways, you will find the right pet, or they will find you!

look around. get two while you're at it! hahah

anyways, i know of a few good jack russell terriers that need good homes.

again, sorry for your loss. but now you have a window to save a little paw life!! :-)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #11: June 11, 2007, 12:28:14 AM »
Oh nospin!!!  I'm so sad and sorry for you two!  I remember losing a dog when I was Andrew's age and a cat when I was in college (we had her for 12 years) and it hurt so badly!  I couldn't wait to get my own cat after Dan & I got married!  So, enter Bentley , our adopted, badly needing a home, now 11 yr. old kitty.  My kids love him and he has only scratched them a total of 3 times!  We'll be a mess whenever he passes.  Animals are as close to people as their own children sometimes.  So, it really is a true loss.  Thank you for telling us and I hope you know that all of us care deeply and our hearts really go out to you and Maria!  Blessings to you, my friend!

natsfan1a

« Reply #12: June 11, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. Peace and blessings to you and Maria.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #13: June 11, 2007, 02:45:03 PM »
I'm sure Blanquita had a wonderful life with you and Maria and was well loved. It's so hard when they have to leave us...I hope you find peace in knowing that she is not suffering.

nospinzone1

« Reply #14: June 11, 2007, 03:51:57 PM »
Thank you all my friends. I find comfort in your good wishes. Maria is taking very hard. she dont stop crying and has not been eating. I am already in the process of investigating adopting a greyhound. Providing Maria dont mind having a bigger doggie home.

natsfan1a

« Reply #15: June 11, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »
You may have seen this one before but here it is for you, Maria, and Blanquita:

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together. . .

~ Author Unknown

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: June 11, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »
Oh that is beautiful! 

nospinzone1

« Reply #17: June 11, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
Oh that is beautiful! 

AMEN!

Are there prayers for pets in the Bible????

Offline kimnat

« Reply #18: June 11, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »
No.  But God did make them, obviously.  He also said that they were "good" after He created them.  And animals were also extremely valuable in biblical times.  I'm not catholic, but believe I have heard of them holding blessing events for animals/pets.

natsfan1a

« Reply #19: June 11, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »
None come to mind but there is this one attributed to Albert Schweitzer.

Prayer for the Animals
by Albert Schweitzer

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals.
Especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are
hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them, we ask a
a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

natsfan1a

« Reply #20: June 11, 2007, 10:48:38 PM »
Yes, I've heard of that, too.

I'm not catholic, but believe I have heard of them holding blessing events for animals/pets.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #21: June 11, 2007, 11:00:07 PM »
You may have seen this one before but here it is for you, Maria, and Blanquita:

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together. . .

~ Author Unknown

Thanks for sharing this natsfan1a.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #22: June 12, 2007, 12:07:58 AM »
ok so i started to read the rainbow brigde out loud to matt just now...

can i say, i totally got all choked up. how sweet and sad.

ok, im all teary eyed.

i totally know how you are feeling.

it has been proven that when a person looses a pet. they are often more upset than when a human dies.

im so going to go into the looney bin when sony dies.

again, nospin...

i feel for you and your wife!

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #23: June 12, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »
oh i totally have had my pets blesed in the past!

i know at christmas time, sony got prayed for by matts dad and they said a blessing for her. he is a preacher!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #24: June 12, 2007, 02:07:12 AM »
Check out this link.  I remembered my mom having a couple James Herriot books around when I was a kid.  Never read them, but knew enough to remember that he was a vet who wrote about animals and their uniqueness in God's eyes. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Herriot