Author Topic: Zach Houchins needs to shut up.  (Read 6033 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Zach Houchins needs to shut up.
« Reply #75: June 14, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. 
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

Nice edit, Mrs. Houchins.  I'm sure you hope for  the best from your son, but please tell your son that even words like b!tches demonstrate a willingness to objectify and dehumanize the target. 

I was waiting for that post :lol:

Mrs. Houchins, the kid screwed up, he's learned his lesson. I hope they sign him and give him some sensitivity training, thinking of it as a crash course in PR.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #76: June 14, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
is that actually his mom?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #77: June 14, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »

Could be his agent . . .

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #78: June 14, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »

No, JCA was just wise-cracking.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #79: June 14, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »
No, JCA was just wise-cracking.

Isn't it a minor meme when posters with suspicious strong personal feelings join?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #80: June 14, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
The "Mom" bit is a bit of a meme here and elsewhere in the Natmosphere. 

That said, I hate the word Saint suggested is harmless when it equates a human to an animal. I don't mind it quite so much when it is used to describe complaining.  I don't Claim to be a "saint" on this one because sometimes I'll slip, but I cannot stand it being used in a casual, common manner, as Saint suggested ZH was doing.  There's a museum near the Mall on Raoul Wallenberg Place that has plenty of films and posters equating people to rodents and vermin; the sort of dehumanizing that conditions a population to doing violence.  I see it propaganda all the time against the less powerful in various countries.  When I saw PETA with posters equating death camps to farming, I lit into the a$$hole from that organization (I think factory farms and cruelty to animals are bad in and of themselves, not because of some anthropomorphic equating of animals to people).  I don't even call terrorists animals, and I think the B word promotes hostility to women.  Some Saint.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #81: June 14, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
Dmitri Young choked out his girlfriend just a few months before coming to DC, where he was hailed as a hero because he had a big smile and could hit the ball up until the point where he got extended, dude even got a bobblehead night.  All this Houchins kid did was imitate what he hears everyday from rappers and shock jocks and made the mistake of posting dorm room bullcrap on Twitter, a dumb move, but not in the same ballpark as far as contemptible characters.  Was everyone here a Young hater after his first season in DC?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #82: June 14, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
Dmitri Young choked out his girlfriend just a few months before coming to DC, where he was hailed as a hero because he had a big smile and could hit the ball up until the point where he got extended, dude even got a bobblehead night.  All this Houchins kid did was imitate what he hears everyday from rappers and shock jocks and made the mistake of posting dorm room bullcrap on Twitter, a dumb move, but not in the same ballpark as far as contemptible characters.  Was everyone here a Young hater after his first season in DC?

I was very unhappy that he was signed.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #83: June 14, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »
PB - see the PM I'm sending you.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #84: June 22, 2011, 09:16:28 AM »

Zach, listen to Clawfinger, they had it figured out 20 years ago.