Author Topic: Nationals vs Padres, Game 2  (Read 14678 times)

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
Re: Nationals vs Padres, Game 2
« Reply #250: July 26, 2009, 01:39:37 AM »
Erica's Nats just got a mention.

teehhee... im still around.. just busy getting married :)

im hopeing if we get time off we might pop down to san diego later this month

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #251: July 26, 2009, 01:49:00 AM »
teehhee... im still around.. just busy getting married :)

im hopeing if we get time off we might pop down to san diego later this month

congrats.  i'm gonna be in SD for that monday nats-padres game for sure.  hoping to make it to a couple of those games.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #252: July 26, 2009, 02:37:15 AM »
Alright, after a night of drinking I have decided to return to WNFF. I want everyone to know I wasn't looking for a 'please stay' post, I was so legitimately angry that I really did feel like never coming back to the board. I do appreciate the post of those that did say I should stay, though.

Bottom line, I got dragged into a flame war by someone who's extremely versed in it and I took the bait. I apologize to the rest of the board for the spat as it took away form the gameday thread.

Hopefully the use of 'ignore user' will be put to better use by me this time around. I think most know I'm a level head poster and I look forward to discussing the Nats and their future (or lack their of) for a long time to come.

Plus, as spider said, I can't leave the board when I know this hotty is posting.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #253: July 26, 2009, 03:04:26 AM »
Glad you will stay.  You are user 7898 and I am 7899 and we joined WNFF ~45 minutes apart, so I feel a special "brotherhood" with you, :lol:

I'll try not to quote sf too much ;)

Offline Coladar

« Reply #254: July 26, 2009, 03:23:21 AM »
I just got home from the game... If ever there was a night I was glad to spend 3 hours standing around a muggy ballpark (And I've done that several times at RFK, first past-midnight game this season), this was the night to do it. What a game. That grandslam was just beautiful. We get our first two guys after the delay out, then they figure why waste a PH spot with two outs in the 2nd. So they send up the starting pitcher who obviously won't pitch. He goes 0-2, fouls off a few, then gets three balls. Then walks. Then Morgan, Guzzie and Johnson single, scoring Morgan. Then Dunn comes up, first freaking pitch and everyone knew that sucker was gone just by the crack of the bat (And it was a loud crack, trust me.) Then to score another 6 runs after that, and only give up one? And to have Clippard come in with seven strikeouts in three innings, setting a new record for a Nat's reliever? Man, if you can't tell this is just what the palate needed after last nights cluster****. Beautiful game. I actually dare anyone to name a home game that even came close to this one. Easily the best National's game I've ever been to, and I've been to over 200 now. I bet the 15,000 that left early regret that decision when they wake up and see the box score (Although the game probably ended too late to be in the paper tomorrow.)

My only regret is it ended too late, I'm too tired and my legs hurt way too much from walking around the park for three hours to watch Lannan destroy this horrific team tomorrow.

« Reply #255: July 26, 2009, 06:50:22 AM »
It's after games like these that I want to touch myself.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #256: July 26, 2009, 07:53:29 AM »
I just got home from the game... If ever there was a night I was glad to spend 3 hours standing around a muggy ballpark (And I've done that several times at RFK, first past-midnight game this season), this was the night to do it. What a game. That grandslam was just beautiful. We get our first two guys after the delay out, then they figure why waste a PH spot with two outs in the 2nd. So they send up the starting pitcher who obviously won't pitch. He goes 0-2, fouls off a few, then gets three balls. Then walks. Then Morgan, Guzzie and Johnson single, scoring Morgan. Then Dunn comes up, first freaking pitch and everyone knew that sucker was gone just by the crack of the bat (And it was a loud crack, trust me.) Then to score another 6 runs after that, and only give up one? And to have Clippard come in with seven strikeouts in three innings, setting a new record for a Nat's reliever? Man, if you can't tell this is just what the palate needed after last nights cluster****. Beautiful game. I actually dare anyone to name a home game that even came close to this one. Easily the best National's game I've ever been to, and I've been to over 200 now. I bet the 15,000 that left early regret that decision when they wake up and see the box score (Although the game probably ended too late to be in the paper tomorrow.)

My only regret is it ended too late, I'm too tired and my legs hurt way too much from walking around the park for three hours to watch Lannan destroy this horrific team tomorrow.

hell yeah glad to hear you had fun and that you stayed :worship: nothing i appreciate more than good fans.  i wish i didn't have to work last night i would've loved to have gone to last night's game.  p.s. I was @ the Astros friday night game last year when we won like 10-0 or something. 

It's after games like these that I want to touch myself.
post of july haha :clap:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #257: July 26, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »
What a shock to see that the game resumed and we won so convincingly. A kick arsed game that hardly anyone got to see.  :shock:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #258: July 26, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
Oh, stop it.  Don't be a kimnat.

hey 2k, I still check in.  I don't say anything because I really don't have much to say.  Besides if I did, spiderjerk would throw some uncalled for insult at me for absolutely no reason.  So to avoid a serious jerkoff of an idiot, I choose to stay silent.  On top of that, I'm plain busy these days. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #259: July 26, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »
kimnat pulls a batman on 2k6 :lol:

Offline fredhits

« Reply #260: July 26, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »
I was at the game as well- definately one of the best baseball experiences of my life.  it was serene how few people where there at the end and how you could hear the murmor of the radio/tv that was on in the concourse from the seats.  I was at the rainout thursday too and was glad to see this one was actually played to completion.  At one point there was a guy in the outfield rattling a bear bottle or something and you could hear the thing echoing in the upper decks. 

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #261: July 26, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
How many people were there after the rain delay? It seemed like there were a lot more people than the rain delay for the Cincinnati game.

Offline fredhits

« Reply #262: July 26, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »
im not really good at guessing numbers (i saw 3000 listed somewhere) but pretty much everyone was by the 1st/3rd base sides- there were some stragglers elsewhere and a few people in the pricey seats (after a few minutes they stopped letting people in there).  but you could pretty much walk up to the dugout and get a seat

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #263: July 26, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »

Plus, as spider said, I can't leave the board when I know this hotty is posting.
Okay, I give up. Who the hell is that?