Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417077 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #25: April 07, 2006, 11:32:53 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
My name is Drew, some of you already know me from the Nationals MLB board.

My hometown is Springfield, VA but moved to Wilmington, NC to become a writer and to take in the beauty that is NC.  Grew up watching the O's but it never felt right, I always asked Santa for a baseball team in DC.  You can imagine my orgasmic excitement last year, many of you shared the same.

Well, see you on the boards and hopefully at some games at RFK in 06'!

A WRITER??? you must be old

Maury

« Reply #26: April 17, 2006, 12:07:43 AM »
Hi, I'm Maury. I like baseball.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #27: April 17, 2006, 12:58:33 AM »
Quote from: "Maury"
Hi, I'm Maury. I like baseball.

Welcome aboard!  :D

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #28: April 17, 2006, 11:44:52 AM »
Hey Maury, welcome aboard the good ship Nats Fan

Only two posts? Gee, you best get a little more opinionated and get that number climbing a bit. All opinions, thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Usually...  :wink:

Maury

« Reply #29: April 17, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
Oh, I don't really have opinions on baseball... of course many of you already know that. ;)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #30: April 29, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »
Hey Guys!  Most of y'all already know me.  Thanks for the thread introducing this forum on the other board, Ken.

For the rest of you, I'm Kim, live in Fairfax and like Drew, I'm also a writer, but partially of the journalist variety.  Drew I didn't know that.  I'm a stay at home mom of 3, a boy 6 (known as TFS on the other board), and two girls 4 and 3.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #31: April 29, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »
Welcome to our humble corner of the net, Kim!  :D

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #32: April 30, 2006, 02:09:41 AM »
Quote from: "kimnat"
Hey Guys!  Most of y'all already know me.  Thanks for the thread introducing this forum on the other board, Ken.

Welcome to the family Kim. I'm glad you decided to give the Fan Forum a bit of a looksee. I'm also glad my invitation didn't fall on deaf ears. Oh, and you can keep on calling him TFS here too, we may not be as numerous as what you're used to over at the other establishment, but our prayers for him get heard buy *Him* just as loudly from our camp... He's good that way...  :wink:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #33: April 30, 2006, 10:03:47 AM »
Thanks, Ken!  I like this board already.  And to see so many familiar "faces" is neat, too.  Thanks for your prayers for the kid.  Weds. is our big day.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #34: April 30, 2006, 10:47:50 AM »
Thanks, Ken!  I like this board already.  And to see so many familiar "faces" is neat, too.  Thanks for your prayers for the kid.  Weds. is our big day.

O, so, you already know Kenzafan-- so you must be part of the enemy, the enemy that supress the opinions of those they deem "too young" and try to brainwash their minds to be in accordance with their standards...well I'll let you know I will never be taken over...NEVER..

lol, :lol: , hi, I'm natzfanatic88--I've just realized that I've never told anyone on this board my  name (better that way, then they can't hunt me down)--well anywayz, I'm the only thing that stop this place from being a complete bore...so see ya around, lol  8)  8)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #35: April 30, 2006, 11:46:03 AM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
O, so, you already know Kenzafan-- so you must be part of the enemy, the enemy that supress the opinions of those they deem "too young" and try to brainwash their minds to be in accordance with their standards...well I'll let you know I will never be taken over...NEVER..

It's good to see you haven't lost your talent for speaking in tongues... In other words, "What you talkin' about Willis?"

I wonder how many others on here didn't know that offering an opposing opinion was considered trying to influence someone.

Unless you're gullible to begin with, you or anyone else has nothing to worry about, especially since no one's opinion, no matter from which end of the extreme they come from, carries no more weight than anyone else's here. All opinions are equal, no matter how far fetched.

On this board we speak our minds, offer ideas, share opinions, discuss events and generally shoot the breeze about almost anything Nats related.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #36: April 30, 2006, 11:48:18 AM »
Ah the perpetual battle of the generations :lol:

I'm glad I sit somewhat in the middle ground on this one ;)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #37: April 30, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #38: April 30, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »
Kim, you need to get yourself an avatar... Checkout the ones other members hear have, and maybe we can help you with the design or creation of one...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #39: April 30, 2006, 12:48:21 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Ah the perpetual battle of the generations :lol:

I'm glad I sit somewhat in the middle ground on this one ;)

Not to worry, I'm just pulling on his leg a little... Some people are fun and easy targets...  :wink:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #40: April 30, 2006, 12:49:09 PM »
I assume that means pic, right?  Yeah, how do I do that?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #41: April 30, 2006, 01:25:28 PM »
Well you can get an avatar by

Option 1
1) Click on "Profile" on the menu bar near the top of the screen
2) Scroll down to the "Avatar Control Panel"
where you can then
    a) Upload Avatar from your machine that fits the preset parameters by clicking "Browse"
    b) Upload Avatar from a URL, this could be a small pic you like
or you could go with option 2
1) and have me or someone else design one for you using whatever info you choose

Offline kimnat

« Reply #42: April 30, 2006, 01:50:13 PM »
I know that what I'd like doesn't exist and it goes along w/ the kinda nickname you gave me on the other board when all of you called me the board's ROY (National's Flower).  Would you be able to use the nats logo in your avatar and put some pink flowers around it?  I love pink.  Bit girly, I know.  But hey that's me, girly w/ a tomboy somewhere inside.   :D

Offline The Chief

« Reply #43: April 30, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »
Kimnat, how's that?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #44: April 30, 2006, 04:02:45 PM »
I know that what I'd like doesn't exist and it goes along w/ the kinda nickname you gave me on the other board when all of you called me the board's ROY (National's Flower).  Would you be able to use the nats logo in your avatar and put some pink flowers around it?  I love pink.  Bit girly, I know.  But hey that's me, girly w/ a tomboy somewhere inside.   :D

It looks like the Chief beat me to making an avatar for ya... It must be nice to have the extra time... I had to steal a few minute to make these. You did say, pink with flowers, and that you were a bit tomboyish, right?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #45: April 30, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

It looks like the Chief beat me to making an avatar for ya... It must be nice to have the extra time... I had to steal a few minute to make these. You did say, pink with flowers, and that you were a bit tomboyish, right?

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Don't worry, I won't be insulted if you choose Kens avatars over mine ;)

Ken's Note: And Ken wont be insulted if you chose the one The Chief made for ya... (I love these qwerks of being a Mod here)  :lol:  :wink:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #46: April 30, 2006, 07:55:09 PM »
Sorry Chief, Thanks for being a good sport!  Thank you for your help.  I do really like the curly pink W.  It is really sweet andgave me a tough choice.

Ken, I like the 2nd one best.  It looks great!  Thanks a ton!  Can you put that one in for me?  :D   You're a sweetie.

And by the way, we need a smiley w/ a halo guys.   :wink:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #47: April 30, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »
Sorry Chief, Thanks for being a good sport!  Thank you for your help.

Ken, I like the 2nd one best.  It looks great!  Thanks a ton!  Can you put that one in for me?  :D   You're a sweetie.

Hey Kimnat...tried to say hi to ya on AIM but never got a response...so saying hi to ya now.   8)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #48: April 30, 2006, 07:59:38 PM »
Hey There!  I wasn't at the computer at the time.  This was an insane weekend.  As I mentioned, we have 3 young kids.  Well this weekend we temporarily added 2 more to the mix (2 & 3 yo).  They're mom went away and this was their first time away from her.  There were cute times and hard ones, too.  The 3 yo girl was really, really hard.  SO, my time was rather scattered.

So, how are you?  NIce to see you over here!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #49: April 30, 2006, 08:35:07 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Sorry Chief, Thanks for being a good sport!  Thank you for your help.

Hey Kimnat...tried to say hi to ya on AIM but never got a response...so saying hi to ya now.   8)

Hey Sens, you still having trouble with AIM?  Did you ever try to add me to your list again?