Author Topic: Schneider Changes Mets Behind the Plate (and weighs in on steroids)  (Read 2657 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
I was about to produce the numbers to prove but since it wasn't meant for me I'm off the hook :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think anyone here expects much of an upgrade from Lo Duca. But he's only here for one season and after that he's history and we will be rid of him AND Schneider. I don' want Lo Duca on the Nats as it is but what can you do. If anything though, Lo Duca seemed to kill us in the past so it could be addition by subtraction. :lol:

I actually do expect an upgrade from Schneider. Schneider was awful last year and was a major weak link. What I like about Lo Duca is that he is very good at putting the ball in play. And I really believe that Schneider's so-called leadership was overrated. He worked well with pitchers, but he was not much in the clubhouse according to those who cover the team. Lo Duca could be an upgrade there as well. Ultimately, I look for Lo Duca to take the pressure off of needing Flores to progress quickly. Lo Duca wants to play and compete. If he does not produce, he will be benched. So hopefully, he will feel like he has a lot to prove.