Author Topic: Schneider Changes Mets Behind the Plate (and weighs in on steroids)  (Read 2656 times)

natsfan1a

NEW YORK -- Scouting report on Brian Schneider: Above-average arm, good receiver, take-charge guy, modest extra-base power, makes contact, troubled by left-handed pitching, no threat on the bases, knows the game, has a conscience.
The physical skills and baseball acumen of the Mets' new catcher will be on display come mid-February in Port St. Lucie and in April in Queens. His conscience was evident Thursday afternoon when he made his first public appearance as a Met at the SNY studios in Manhattan. One week after the release of the Mitchell Report, Schneider released his thoughts on the topic.
"They're grown men. They have to deal with the consequences," Schneider said of those mentioned in the report, including his Mets predecessor, Paul Lo Duca. "I think it was good that it came out, and I think it will help the numbers [of users] go down. Senator Mitchell even said that the numbers are going down. So I think it's getting better."

Full story here:

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071220&content_id=2334937&vkey=news_nym&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym