Author Topic: 2012/13 Offseason Discussion Thread  (Read 172383 times)

Offline Mattionals

Re: 2012/13 Offseason Discussion Thread
« Reply #50: October 13, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
Gerardo Parra isn't a free agent this offseason and is under team control till 2015. What are we trading to get him?

Get creative?  :shrug:

Probably going to take someone like Meyer but not much else.  Parra had a good season, but still isn't the .300 AVG, .350 OBP lead off guy that other teams are desperate for.  I think he comes cheaper than Denard Span, who is probably closer to what the Nats need at the top of the lineup.

I have a question to the guys saying that Garcia or Lannan would be adequate as the other guy in the rotation.  Are you serious?  If you have a chance to get a Grienke or a Haren and all it costs is just money, and it improves the rotation to make it the best in the game, why don't you do it?  Look, now fans are seeing a winning team.  They got really close but certain areas of the game fell through and they couldn't win outright.  Now fix the issues by going out and getting great players.  Garcia is great, but I don't see him being nearly as effective as a starter.  He has three great pitches, but he is just wild enough with just enough velocity to be a very good reliever.  Especially with his age, I don't think it's time to try the C.J. Wilson treatment on him.