Author Topic: Am I crazy or are FP and Bob developing some chemistry?  (Read 6004 times)

Offline SkinsNDeacs

I really think this is the best booth since Darling and Proctor.  I have never been the biggest Carpenter fan (too hokey) but I feel like he is starting to get comfortable with FP.  They are a much better fit than Bob and Dibble ever were.  I still prefer Jageler and Slowes to anyone but I am starting to warm to the TV crew. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Proctor was really good but Darling was total crap.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

Darling was REALLY green but I don't think he was crap.  You listen to him now he is very very good.  I guess I tend to mix the Darling of today up with the Darling of 05

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I really think this is the best booth since Darling and Proctor.  I have never been the biggest Carpenter fan (too hokey) but I feel like he is starting to get comfortable with FP.  They are a much better fit than Bob and Dibble ever were.  I still prefer Jageler and Slowes to anyone but I am starting to warm to the TV crew. 

THey've been decent imo, though I don't watch all that many games, listening to Charlie and Dave at work most nights.

FP was cracking me up :poke: ing Bob about free "Bob Carpenter Scorebooks" being available in the teams store.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I think it's the Akra effect. 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Darling was REALLY green but I don't think he was crap.  You listen to him now he is very very good.  I guess I tend to mix the Darling of today up with the Darling of 05

You are Darling was awful when he was here. I heard him last year and he was much improved. Proctor must have taught him a few things.

Offline thepointe01

I think it's the Akra effect. 

yea, I think Akra's the missing link.  She made them both feel young and hip again.  Maybe they both hit it, I don't know.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
All the chemistry in the world won't overcome Bob refering to innings as "minutes"

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
They are better, but that's not saying much. Bob is milquetoast and FP yaps too much (especially about his playing days). FP does seem much more comfortable.

They're bearable most of the time but sometimes I will turn down the sound and listen to music or just go to the radio.

And Akra is not as attractive as her pics led us to believe but she is actually a good interviewer and has good camera presence. And she doesn't perspire on the air nearly as much as Debi did.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
SERIOUS

JAMMAGE

Offline Baseball is Life

SERIOUS

JAMMAGE

Really, that was funny once about four years ago.

To be fair, as much as I watch the Nats on TV, just about anybody is going to get on my nerves after awhile.

It's like tolerating people at the office. You know, getting stuck with people of not your own choosing.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Bor(e)ic Acid is chemistry too.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I like the atmosphere Bob and FP provide.  I don't really care what they're actually saying.  Anyone who thinks we've got it rough should try listening to an O's broadcast sometime.

Offline Busta Mimes

• I'll Ram the hell out of you
I get stuck with the other teams announcers quite a bit on the road, but I haven't heard a "good ol country hardball" out of FP this year.

Offline Obed_Marsh

You are crazy. They aren't bad but they aren't really getting any better either.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
There are no words to describe how bad Ron Darling was - literally no words

Proctor was fine

I like FP and Carpenter is fine

Our booth is fine

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I get stuck with the other teams announcers quite a bit on the road, but I haven't heard a "good ol country hardball" out of FP this year.

I've only actually watched a handful of games and I have :lol:

I like the atmosphere Bob and FP provide.  I don't really care what they're actually saying.  Anyone who thinks we've got it rough should try listening to an O's broadcast sometime.

The O's PBP guy is ok, he did the PBP for MLB 2k11 (or was it 10?) actually.

Offline OldNatsFan

I like Bob and FP but Dibbs was my favorite. Where is he now? I used to hear him on the Sirius-XM baseball talk channel. Did he get fired there, too?  The Orioles announcers Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer are great, too.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I like Bob and FP but Dibbs was my favorite. Where is he now? I used to hear him on the Sirius-XM baseball talk channel. Did he get fired there, too?  The Orioles announcers Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer are great, too.

Dibbs has his own Fox Sports radio show during the night time during the week, I think from like 10-1 a.m. on the east.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Dibbs was fun to listen too. I think FP has helped relax my view on Bob because they do have some sort of chemistry working.

Offline blue911

I liked Thorne and Flanagan better than any other TV duo. Damn shame about Flanagan.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I liked Thorne and Flanagan better than any other TV duo. Damn shame about Flanagan.

Thorne is one of the best lead guys in the business.   

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
I would enjoy a few less of FP's "taters" and "pardners". Otherwise, they are better than about 2/3 of the other broadcasting teams around the league. MLB Extra certainly gives a sample of the poor, the worse, and the intolerable..."He Gone" Hawk, for instance.

I think Darling, now, benefits from being part of a three-boradcaster team with Keith Hernandez, who is baseball-smart and has a sly sense of humor. Darling's best  moments seem to be when Hernandez asks him a question.

FP and Bob are pleasantly chirpy, but not all that insightful. That's OK.

Offline Baseball is Life

I would enjoy a few less of FP's "taters" and "pardners".

God, I hate the g-damn "pardners."

I really do need to watch the MLB coverage instead tonight.

Offline Gleason2

God, I hate the g-damn "pardners."

I really do need to watch the MLB coverage instead tonight.

Don't they show us a different game on MLB Network if MASN is covering the Nats game?