Author Topic: This is a playoff team  (Read 3829 times)

Offline NatsDad14

This is a playoff team
« Topic Start: May 19, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »
The roster as currently constructed is a playoff ballclub. Unless things change, this season will not be a disappointment.

Offline PC

Re: This isn't a playoff team
« Reply #1: May 19, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »
The roster as currently constructed is not a playoff ballclub IMO unless they fix the fatal flaws. You can't have 3 or 4 huge holes in your lineup including the top 2 spots and expect to win games. Unless things change, this season will be a disappointment.

This is a playoff team.

Online RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #2: May 19, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »
When Morse and Werth come back...We could have a decent hitting line up.

When CMW and Storen come back...we have a decent starting line up/bullpen.

This team has the ability to make the playoffs.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #3: May 19, 2012, 11:42:02 PM »
I feel like this team should be so much better (even now with all the injuries factored in) than they are. I don't know, they might make the playoffs, but I don't feel too great about this year. When the pitching is there, the bats aren't. When the bats are, the pitchers aren't. Hope I'm wrong though.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #4: May 19, 2012, 11:44:30 PM »
Dale Hunter would have benched Desmond's ass tonight, arguing with the ump instead of running to first, this type of crap is why we fail. 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #5: May 19, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »
I honestly don't believe will be a legit playoff team with Davey at the helm. Because as long as he is there, Rick Eckstein will have a job

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #6: May 20, 2012, 12:18:55 AM »

+1

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #7: May 20, 2012, 12:24:36 AM »
Dale Hunter would have benched Desmond's ass tonight, arguing with the ump instead of running to first, this type of crap is why we fail. 

This is the kind of thing that has me convinced that Desmond is dumber than a box of rocks.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #8: May 20, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »

Our offense wasn't that great when Werth was playing. As for Morse, our offense was pretty bad last year when he was healthy. There's no doubt that he's going to help, but I don't think it's going to be enough to push this team into the playoffs. Something is fundamentally wrong with this team when it comes to hitting. I'm not sure why Rick Eckstein still has a job.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #9: May 20, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »
This is the kind of thing that has me convinced that Desmond is dumber than a box of rocks.

Smart enough to cozy up to the owner's daughter.  Shanahan would have cut a player who stopped to argue with a ref while the ball was still in play.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #10: May 20, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »
I doubt that Werth will be back this season.

Someone please explain Roger Bernadina batting second.

Last two games have been especially disappointing.

Offline OldNatsFan

« Reply #11: May 20, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
Harper batted second last night.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #12: May 20, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
This team has the potential to make the playoffs if they put it all together. They are an 80-90 win team so they need things to break right for them to get in. So far the injuries are not what I call breaking right...

But if they can get Zim, Morse, LaRoche and Harper all clicking at the same time, there will be enough offense there to get the job done.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #13: May 20, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »
Harper batted second last night.

lol, right, and Lombo batted first. The first two slots are hardly the issue, despite Harper's struggles, if the lineup actually stays the same.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #14: May 20, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
lol, right, and Lombo batted first. The first two slots are hardly the issue, despite Harper's struggles, if the lineup actually stays the same.

Zim not hitting and Morse gone isthe issue. Yes, we know they don't have the prototypical leadoff hitter but how many teams do? I bet less than 10. Somebody call me on it if you like.

Offline spit

« Reply #15: May 20, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
Seriously, some of you need to find another hobby, or maybe you're all just so dissatisfied with your lives that you take each loss personally. I know what it's like to be a lifelong fan, and I watch as many games as you all, but take a deep breath once in a while. I've said it before: We just lost two (didn't even get blown out) by a team atop the AL East. The freaking AL East.

Of course we have holes. It's like someone did a drive-by on the team bus as it left Viera. But it's a long season, and y'all play the ups and the downs too hard

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #16: May 20, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »

uh oh, you guys are in trouble now :mg:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #17: May 20, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
Seriously, some of you need to find another hobby, or maybe you're all just so dissatisfied with your lives that you take each loss personally. I know what it's like to be a lifelong fan, and I watch as many games as you all, but take a deep breath once in a while. I've said it before: We just lost two (didn't even get blown out) by a team atop the AL East. The freaking AL East.

Of course we have holes. It's like someone did a drive-by on the team bus as it left Viera. But it's a long season, and y'all play the ups and the downs too hard

Espinosa 2B, Harper CF, Zimmerman 3B, LaRoche 1B, Desmond SS, Nady RF, Moore LF, Flores C, Strasburg P

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #18: May 20, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

uh oh, you guys are in trouble now :mg:

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL. I'm deputizing that guy.

He needs to get used to the bipolar WNFF mind if he wants to stay on here.

Online Slateman

« Reply #19: May 20, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »
Espinosa 2B, Harper CF, Zimmerman 3B, LaRoche 1B, Desmond SS, Nady RF, Moore LF, Flores C, Strasburg P

Is that today's lineup?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #20: May 20, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #21: May 20, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »

It's not about the Orioles series. It's about losing the season series to the Padres and Pirates. Having a losing record in May.

Online Slateman

« Reply #22: May 20, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
Yep

:roll:

Guy gets two hits so he gets benched

Oh well, at least Moore  is playing

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #23: May 20, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »
GMU we won the season series versus the Padres.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #24: May 20, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »
Losing to the Bucs really changed my hopes for the team this year.
It's not about the Orioles series. It's about losing the season series to the Padres and Pirates. Having a losing record in May.