Author Topic: Where to watch the Red Wings tonight after the game...  (Read 1516 times)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
I remember someone saying Bullfeathers is a good time but it appears to close tonight at 11pm.  The Wings @ Ducks starts at 10.  Anyone able to recommend a place that will stay open until 1am that would be showing the game?

Offline e44green

I know Ziegfeld's is open until 1am tonight and is walking distance from the ballpark. They are a sports bar and will definitely put the game on a TV for you. Most bars in DC close at 11pm on Thursday nights so I would just go one by one checking websites and/or calling.

Offline NookLoganMafia

Ziegfeld's Secrets will definitely be open past 1am for you. 

It's at 1824 Half St SW, about 2 blocks away from the home plate gate.

Enjoy the games.

Offline blue911

I remember someone saying Bullfeathers is a good time but it appears to close tonight at 11pm.  The Wings @ Ducks starts at 10.  Anyone able to recommend a place that will stay open until 1am that would be showing the game?

The Tune Inn.

Offline Tim Cullen

I was at Gordon Beirsch yesterday for the first time (thanks for calling the game, Nats!!).

It had TVs and is probably the closest bar to the park.

Offline e44green

Ziegfeld's Secrets will definitely be open past 1am for you. 

It's at 1824 Half St SW, about 2 blocks away from the home plate gate.

Enjoy the games.

Thanks NLM, I completely forgot about Ziegfeld's! Don't go to Justin's...it has terrible food and bad service in comparison.

Ziegfeld's is definitely my favorite sports bar in DC with over 50 HDTV's and every sports game on you can imagine. They have an excellent selection of craft brews and a loyal hockey contingent that frequents there during the playoffs.

Offline e44green

I was at Gordon Beirsch yesterday for the first time (thanks for calling the game, Nats!!).

It had TVs and is probably the closest bar to the park.

Gordon Biersch closes at 11 tonight. Your best bet is definitely Ziegfeld's.

Offline TigerFan

Thanks NLM, I completely forgot about Ziegfeld's! Don't go to Justin's...it has terrible food and bad service in comparison.

Ziegfeld's is definitely my favorite sports bar in DC with over 50 HDTV's and every sports game on you can imagine. They have an excellent selection of craft brews and a loyal hockey contingent that frequents there during the playoffs.

Glad I found it on the map/yelp before going.  The back story was very nice especially with the amount of TVs and loyal hockey contingent.  However I do believe that it would be your favorite DC bar. 

Thanks for those that provided legit answers, much appreciated. 

Offline blue911

Glad I found it on the map/yelp before going.  The back story was very nice especially with the amount of TVs and loyal hockey contingent.  However I do believe that it would be your favorite DC bar. 

The Tune's a dive. Dead animals on the wall etc... but they have TVs and put on sports

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

:thumbs:

You're catching on Tiger.   You'll be gettin' your wings soon.   Well done.

You should see some of the recommendations given to past visitors.   :)

Offline e44green

Awwww, sorry you're so butthurt about it! Were you seriously expecting to come on an opposing teams message board as Tiger fan and not have people mess with you?  :lmao:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on

Offline TigerFan

LOL @ butthurt.  It was funny, I took no offense.  Now had my brother and I walked in there well that could have been a different situation.  I've got some pretty thick skin, no worries.   

• babble on
Good luck.  Hard to imagine the Red Wings without Lidstrom. 

I have to admit I'm pulling for Gabby, but may the best team win. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Good luck.  Hard to imagine the Red Wings without Lidstrom. 

I have to admit I'm pulling for Gabby, but may the best team win. 

I miss Stevie Y... However, Go Caps! and Nats!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

:lmao:  Post worthy of MDS. The only thing that was missing was "bear night".

Offline TigerFan

Seeing the Wings without #19 was really hard but Lidstrom played so long and was "near" retirement for so long that when he turned in the skates it just felt right.  Their injuries and now suspensions have hurt them.  They made season 22 into the playoffs so that was a W in itself. 

Also I'm a huge Ovie fan so go Caps, big game for them tonight. 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
You'll be gettin' your wings soon.   

What you did there .... I saw it

Offline machpost

Duffy's is open till 2am and should have the Red Wings game on. We go there a lot to watch out-of-town Nats games, it's a pretty laid back place with great wings and a good contingent of Nats fans most days.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
What are Red Wings and why should we care about them?

• babble on
This is some seriously low-hanging fruit that I will somehow resist picking

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline TigerFan

You're not a man until... Naa I will take the same high road Ali did. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
However, this thread belong in the red loft.