Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 2  (Read 16059 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 2
« Reply #200: September 02, 2009, 12:34:44 AM »
This is the worst series of the season, worse than blowing three saves to the Marlins.  >:(

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #201: September 02, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »
Its like watching a merri-go-round loaded with ugly people on it
Crud again

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #202: September 02, 2009, 12:36:26 AM »
This is the worst series of the season, worse than blowing three saves to the Marlins.  >:(
No way. 

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #203: September 02, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
I knew the first pitch swing for an out was coming from dukes.

Offline PC

« Reply #204: September 02, 2009, 12:37:05 AM »
No way.  

Yes it is. The Padres stink and we've been completely helpless against them.  It's like men against boys.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #205: September 02, 2009, 12:37:23 AM »
the vets don't want to play? freak 'em. go with this lineup tomorrow:

Maxwell - CF
Orr - 2B
Gonzalez -SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Harris - LF
Morse - 1B
Padilla - RF
Nieves - C
Lannan - P

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #206: September 02, 2009, 12:37:30 AM »
GAME OVER.  WE LOSE.

HEY KASTEN,  T-H-I-S GAME IS WHY WE WON'T BE BUYING TICKETS TO NATINALS GAMES!!!!  IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

:worship: DUKES  :az: should be FINED every time he tries to steal a base.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #207: September 02, 2009, 12:38:15 AM »
Yes it is. The Padres stink and we've been completely helpless against them.
Nah, you're caught up in the moment.  It sucks worse, IMO, to lose like we did to the Marlins than what we're doing (or not) vs. the Pads.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #208: September 02, 2009, 12:40:13 AM »
Not only did I lose the audio feed to this crapfest, but I dropped something on my laptop and broke off two keys. FML.

Offline PC

« Reply #209: September 02, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »
Nah, you're caught up in the moment.  It sucks worse, IMO, to lose like we did to the Marlins than what we're doing (or not) vs. the Pads.

The Marlins are better.  It's not surprising when we lose to them.  We shouldn't be this much worse than the Padres!  We are non-competitive against a team 20 games under 500!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #210: September 02, 2009, 12:41:42 AM »
9 runs combined in our last 5 games. 1.8 runs/game.

5 game losing streak.

Willingham 1/17 with 9 Ks.

Dunn 2/16 with 5 Ks.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #211: September 02, 2009, 12:43:38 AM »
I don't really care how good or bad the teams are.  The fact is we were in position to win those games and we choked it away.  We were never really in these games, or at least not in position to win.  It hurts more, IMO to choke it away, than to bumble all over the place.  These games have little to no impact on the outcome of the season.  The games vs. the Marlins and several others early, could have changed the course of the season completely.  Those hurt more.  These games are really inconsequential, when you get right down to it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #212: September 02, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »
I love Rob Dibble. telling it like it is.

Wants some major changes this off-season.

let's face it. we aren't even close to being competitive. a complete roster overhaul is necessary.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #213: September 02, 2009, 12:44:34 AM »
Not only did I lose the audio feed to this crapfest, but I dropped something on my laptop and broke off two keys. FML.
Should have bought a Mac :bag:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #214: September 02, 2009, 12:44:38 AM »
this team is so dumb. why does our offense suck dick randomly and then kick ass out of nowhere?

:dibbs: reeming this team and they deserve it. Hes 100% right.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #215: September 02, 2009, 12:45:16 AM »

let's face it. we aren't even close to being competitive. a complete roster overhaul is necessary.
IDK what Dibs is saying right now, but I disagree with the notion that a complete roster overhaul is necessary.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #216: September 02, 2009, 12:45:20 AM »
I don't really care how good or bad the teams are.  The fact is we were in position to win those games and we choked it away.  We were never really in these games, or at least not in position to win.  It hurts more, IMO to choke it away, than to bumble all over the place.  These games have little to no impact on the outcome of the season.  The games vs. the Marlins and several others early, could have changed the course of the season completely.  Those hurt more.  These games are really inconsequential, when you get right down to it.
true they are inconsequential but they make it all the more clear just how bad of a team we are and how far away we are from being a respectable team.

look at how awful the Padres' 25-man roster is. it looks like an AAA team. and despite that they make us look like a little league team in comparison. we aren't in the same league as them.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #217: September 02, 2009, 12:46:20 AM »

Yeah, but doesn't he also like Livo in the rotation?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #218: September 02, 2009, 12:48:09 AM »
true they are inconsequential but they make it all the more clear just how bad of a team we are and how far away we are from being a respectable team.

look at how awful the Padres' 25-man roster is. it looks like an AAA team. and despite that they make us look like a little league team in comparison. we aren't in the same league as them.
I'm not disputing that, but also keep in mind we did just lose essentially our top two guys in the lineup since Guz can't go everyday right now.  It's no coincidence the offense is struggling right now.  It was going pretty well with those two up there.  With the guys we have available to replace them, it's really no wonder the offense is struggling. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #219: September 02, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »
Yeah, but doesn't he also like Livo in the rotation?

Yeah, he likes what he does.

Offline PC

« Reply #220: September 02, 2009, 12:50:51 AM »

We've scored two runs, in two full games, against a team 20 games under 500 (well 18 after beating us twice), starting not very good pitchers.

This is so unacceptable on so many levels.

Blowing three saves to the Marlins was Joel Hanrahan.

This is full system breakdown, what we're experiencing in this series.  That wasn't the case with the Marlins series.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #221: September 02, 2009, 12:54:49 AM »
I'm not disputing that, but also keep in mind we did just lose essentially our top two guys in the lineup since Guz can't go everyday right now.  It's no coincidence the offense is struggling right now.  It was going pretty well with those two up there.  With the guys we have available to replace them, it's really no wonder the offense is struggling. 
we are better without Guzman. Morgan hurts but not this much. We shouldn't be 0-5 in these last 5 games without him.

It's guys like Dunn and Willingham that are killing us as much as anybody.

I can kind of understand getting shut down by Adam Wainwright but Mitchell Boggs, Tim Stauffer, Clayton Richard, etc?

This is repulsive.

Like I said. play all of the back-ups and young guys tomorrow. It's not like they can do any worse than this.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #222: September 02, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
we are better without Guzman. Morgan hurts but not this much. We shouldn't be 0-5 in these last 5 games without him.

It's guys like Dunn and Willingham that are killing us as much as anybody.

Like I said. play all of the back-ups and young guys tomorrow. It's not like they can do any worse than this.
Well, yes and no.  I don't think it's quite that simple.

It does hurt us that much because we had finally defined the roles of everyone in the lineup.  Now you have to pull two guys out who were pretty good at what they do and you suddenly have to fill those spots with two guys who aren't fresh, aren't used to those roles and aren't in any sort of rhythm.  So, we're suddenly out two guys with high OBS which means the guys behind them aren't getting as good pitches to see which means everyone suffers. 

I really would have no problem throwing the young guns out there, but I wouldn't expect anything better than what we've seen the past couple of days.

Offline madj55

« Reply #223: September 02, 2009, 01:34:56 AM »
the vets don't want to play? freak 'em. go with this lineup tomorrow:

Maxwell - CF
Orr - 2B
Gonzalez -SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Harris - LF
Morse - 1B
Padilla - RF
Nieves - C
Lannan - P

I say we sign Chris Brown to a contract, tell him the ball is Rihanna and maybe he will hit some homers for us. Put him in center with Harris in left and Dukes in right.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #224: September 02, 2009, 09:00:06 AM »
9 runs combined in our last 5 games. 1.8 runs/game.

5 game losing streak.

Willingham 1/17 with 9 Ks.

Dunn 2/16 with 5 Ks.

Ryan Zimmerman 3/18, dipcrap.