Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 88810 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Video Games
« Reply #175: November 07, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »
it's pretty much the best Game Engine there is.

it's what Gears of War and Mass Effect, among other games, were made with.

and now amateur programmers/designers can get it for free and use it to create games.

Which is amazing, but I am dumb so i wouldn't know how to make a game. Mass Effect is/was the crap. cant wait for 2

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #176: November 09, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »
I'm grabbing MW2 at midnight tonight at a local gamestop. Don't have class till 1 tomorrow so I think its perfect time. Going to play the crap out of it.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #177: November 09, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
I'm grabbing MW2 at midnight tonight at a local gamestop. Don't have class till 1 tomorrow so I think its perfect time. Going to play the crap out of it.

I'll grab mine tomorrow when I get off of work. I'm not working Wednesday, so I see no reason not to play the crap out of it tomorrow night.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #178: November 11, 2009, 11:48:44 PM »
Just picked up MW2, do you guys play mp or the sp campaign?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #179: November 12, 2009, 12:27:46 AM »
Just picked up MW2, do you guys play mp or the sp campaign?

i played SP for a little but have played MP much more. feel free to friend me on PS3: tradecki

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #180: November 12, 2009, 12:38:50 AM »
Beat SP already, what a freaking story. The game was awesome.

Hooked on MP now

Offline Nathan

« Reply #181: November 12, 2009, 01:05:20 AM »
i played SP for a little but have played MP much more. feel free to friend me on PS3: tradecki
I would, but I got it for 360 instead of ps3

gt: Hellrider1984

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #182: November 12, 2009, 11:04:12 AM »
I would, but I got it for 360 instead of ps3

gt: Hellrider1984

Nathan,
I'm RavenofRage on XBOX 360.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #183: November 12, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
nathan/berkeley ... i'll pm you guys my handle name when i get the copy (i think tonight it arrives).

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #184: November 12, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »
I just got the PC version. Awesome.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #185: November 12, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
Nathan,
I'm RavenofRage on XBOX 360.
I sent you a friend request.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #186: November 12, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »
I sent you a friend request.

Cool, I should be on tonite.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #187: November 12, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »
Cool, I should be on tonite.
I won't be home until after midnight, but but if you are still on then we could group up.  Word of warning though, I only play for fun because I kind of suck pretty bad at deathmatch games :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #188: November 18, 2009, 12:37:39 AM »
I've been playing more of the single player campaign of MW2.  Pretty crazy so far, especially some of the areas that you go through.

Getting a little better at deathmatch too.  I've got some wins in free for all so I started playing a little team dm.  I have some matches where I do better than 1.0 kd ratio, but my average is still like .60

Offline eckseid

« Reply #189: December 07, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »
I think it's time for a bump.

http://www.americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/

The Art of Video Games
March 16, 2012 – September 9, 2012

Video games have grown to become a significant part of our culture since the introduction of the first home video games in the early 1970s. More than seventy percent of American households play video games on a regular basis, and many families now have two generations of computer users, and gamers, at home.

Video games use images, actions, and player participation to tell stories and engage their audiences. In the same way as film, animation, and performance, they can be considered a compelling and influential form of narrative art.

Many museums have explored art inspired by video games, but this exhibition will be the first to examine comprehensively the evolution of video games themselves as an artistic medium. From the Atari VCS to the Playstation 3, The Art of Video Games will show the development of visual effects and aesthetics during four decades, the emergence of games as a means for storytelling, the influence of world events and popular culture on game development, and the impact that the games can have on society. It will include multimedia presentations of game footage, video interviews with developers and artists, large prints of in-game screen shots, historic game consoles, and a selection of working game systems for visitors to play. In addition, the public will be asked to assist with the selection of materials for the show by choosing the games that they feel best represent particular moments in the overall timeline.

Chris Melissinos, video game industry expert and founder of PastPixels, is the guest curator of the exhibition.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #190: December 07, 2009, 07:18:50 PM »
I've been playing more of the single player campaign of MW2.  Pretty crazy so far, especially some of the areas that you go through.

Getting a little better at deathmatch too.  I've got some wins in free for all so I started playing a little team dm.  I have some matches where I do better than 1.0 kd ratio, but my average is still like .60

I was looking at your stats on the leaderboard. You've got a good accuracy rating. My kill/death ratio is 1.10 right now. I started out horribly on multiplayer, but starting racking up the kills once I figured out the maps.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #191: December 07, 2009, 09:55:51 PM »
I was looking at your stats on the leaderboard. You've got a good accuracy rating. My kill/death ratio is 1.10 right now. I started out horribly on multiplayer, but starting racking up the kills once I figured out the maps.
I haven't been on for a while, got tired of the whiney trash talkers and 8 year old ghetto talkers and the like.

I think one of my problems was my accuracy rating.  I spot someone and try to close in and get a good shot instead of instantly firing all over the place from afar and end up getting killed from what I thought would be too far away to have any chance of hitting them with a machine gun.

I always did best on the Rust map, it was small enough that not knowing any maps didn't really matter as much.  It's just an all out blood bath.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #192: December 10, 2009, 11:46:57 PM »
Drew Storen just tweeted his PSN name:

Thecardinal0107

Should I friend him? :lmao:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #193: December 13, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »
^^ Yes

Modern Warfare 2 is still as great as it was a month ago :lol: I haven't lost the slightest interest in playing it. I've gotten 2 nukes!

Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game. I usually have friends to play with but none of them have it yet, but its still a fun game if your interested in zombies and crap like that haha.

I added a month to wow to try out the new crap that just came out. Seems pretty good so far.

Still playing the crap out of Madden 10 as well.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #194: December 13, 2009, 05:47:15 PM »
My preferred mmorpg, Guild Wars 2, is still 2 years away. Bleh.

i need to find a mmo to play until then.

problem is, JMad Are Cheap. I just cannot see myself paying 60 dollars for a mmorpg game with the plethora of comparable options that allow you to download the game for free.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #195: December 13, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
My friend is like you. He likes playing mmo's as well. Is a huge wow fan but can't see himself paying money for it. He installed Guild Wars, as did I, just to mess around with but we haven't done anything yet and that was like a week ago.

I just find wow worth it since its pretty easy to get into and very user friendly. GW2 looks like something I will try out.

I really want to try out cata but they haven't even hinted at its release date. I am thinking soon though, since wow just released its main story raid.

If I could pay for another mmo it'd be Star Wars: The Old Republic because that crap looks amazing. Mass Effect makers, star wars universe, all that stuff.

If you get back into wow let me know. I'm just trying out the new stuff for a month but I might get into it further if I find something to play for, ie getting better or making another toon.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #196: December 13, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
What server, cmd?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #197: December 13, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »
Wildhammer for my horde/warlock and Mannoroth for Alliance/Hunter

What about you?

I'll probably reroll once cata comes out to experience all the new stuff.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #198: December 13, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »
I'm on illidan but that's just because my cousin plays there.  He's been without a pc for a month so I've been wasting money not playing.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #199: December 13, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »

If I could pay for another mmo it'd be Star Wars: The Old Republic because that crap looks amazing. Mass Effect makers, star wars universe, all that stuff.

I want that game so bad. I love the idea of a Bioware Star Wars MMO.

I just want the ability to fly around space and walk around my ship and look out the windows and watch the vastness of space... maybe watch a firefight take place near by my craft... that would be so cool to me.

Unfortunately I assume space travel will only be handled with an outside the craft view.