Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1  (Read 20345 times)

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
Re: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1
« Reply #25: July 01, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
Question, where do we watch game one of the double header tomorrow? I know MASN isn't covering.. is it on FOX? (Similar to the CHW game two)

Offline blue911

« Reply #26: July 01, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »
Question, where do we watch game one of the double header tomorrow? I know MASN isn't covering.. is it on FOX? (Similar to the CHW game two)

Nationals Park. It isn't being televised.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #27: July 01, 2011, 12:56:40 PM »
but here's the question ... nationals.com says mlb.tv will have the game (on their schedule page that's what it says). 

so does that mean if you have mlb.tv you'll get the game?  if i don't go to the game, i may buy the package.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #28: July 01, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
but here's the question ... nationals.com says mlb.tv will have the game (on their schedule page that's what it says). 

so does that mean if you have mlb.tv you'll get the game?  if i don't go to the game, i may buy the package.

You'd pay 100+ dollars just for one game?

Either way... even if it was online, we're in the blackout area, so you wouldn't get it, regardless.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #29: July 01, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »
Woah, wtf? The first game tomorrow isn't being televised? What a bunch of crap. What's the reasoning for this?

I have a double header myself tomorrow night, but was hoping to catch some of the first game. Ugh.

Offline blue911

« Reply #30: July 01, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »
Woah, wtf? The first game tomorrow isn't being televised? What a bunch of crap. What's the reasoning for this?

I have a double header myself tomorrow night, but was hoping to catch some of the first game. Ugh.

Fox has the broadcast rights for all games from 4-7PM EDT on Saturdays.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #31: July 01, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
You'd pay 100+ dollars just for one game?

Either way... even if it was online, we're in the blackout area, so you wouldn't get it, regardless.

You can do monthly plans.  And besides I just got an e-mail from mlb.tv saying you can buy a season pass for $60 now. 

But I don't know if it were to be blacked out seeing how the game isn't broadcast in the first place :shrug:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #32: July 01, 2011, 01:24:28 PM »
Fox has the broadcast rights for all games from 4-7PM EDT on Saturdays.

Oh yeah, thanks. This happened last year and I was super bitter. I'll be sure to not tune in to their coverage.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #33: July 01, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
Hopefully Gorzo is solid tonight, and we get the offense back on track against Morton. Go Nats!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #34: July 01, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
Right, this is my personal feeling on the matter as well, but I'm not opposed to giving people the option.  It has to remain an option, though, not a mandatory thing, which is why I don't want to half-ass it mid-season.
FF + Greasemonkey.  Pretty sure there is something in Greasemonkey that will parse youtube links and make them embedded.  Without any change to forum code.

Offline Strasburg37

« Reply #35: July 01, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »
Badly need a win tonight.  BADLY. 

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #36: July 01, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »
Just saw where Raddison was let go as first base coach and is going to be replaced by Jewett.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #37: July 01, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »
What a beautiful day for a game !!!!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #38: July 01, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »
This is a bit of a sore spot with me.  People have been griping about the lack of embedded video for a while now without any understanding of how time-consuming/tedious it is for me to safely implement something like that in a way that doesn't force it upon people who don't want it.  I'm not a professional coder, nor is the forum my full-time job (wouldn't that be nice?), so I'd have to muddle through implementing something like this.  During the season, uptime and stability are the foremost concerns, not adding video thumbnails for people who are too lazy/afraid to click a link (nothing personal :P )

For what it's worth, I'm looking into some upgrades this offseason, so embedded video options are among the things being considered.

You're the Chief.   You ain't gotta explain crap to nobody.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #39: July 01, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
Just saw where Raddison was let go as first base coach and is going to be replaced by Jewett.
Whoa, really?

Offline PC

« Reply #40: July 01, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »
This is the blackout rule from mlb.com:

Regular Season Weekend U.S. National Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, live games occurring each Saturday with a scheduled start time after 1:10 PM ET or before 8:00 PM ET and each Sunday with a scheduled start time after 5:00 PM ET, will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands). In addition, in the event of circumstances that produce a programming conflict or change in schedule, the above blackout windows may be subject to change. If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber outside of the United States, each of these games will be available as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the applicable game. If you are an MLB.TV Premium Subscriber within the United States or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

Whoever wrote this must have been drunk because it's horribly written.  The blackout period is dependent upon the start time of the Saturday game. It's not a fixed blackout window.  Saturday games start at 1:00, 4:00 and primetime.  The blackout window depends on that.  Also, they say the games are blacked out in the United States but no say anything about internationally.  Also, why is there a distinction between when archived games are available?  If the game is available approx. 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game in the US, isn't that the time, ie "as soon as possible", it's available internationally?

Offline PC

« Reply #41: July 01, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #42: July 01, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
Well clearly he wasn't making that big of an impact since I don't even have any idea who he is/was.

Offline PC

« Reply #43: July 01, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »
So Dan Raddison goes but Matt Stairs lives to strike out another day?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #44: July 01, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
talked to a buddy of mine who works for MLB Network ... said he wasn't sure if we'd be able to view the game or not on mlb.tv tomorrow :?

Offline blue911

« Reply #45: July 01, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »

Not surprising. Dan Radison was a Riggleman hire. I just hope that Bo Porter is allowed to stay on.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #46: July 01, 2011, 04:38:38 PM »
Not surprising. Dan Radison was a Riggleman hire. I just hope that Bo Porter is allowed to stay on.

Not sure why but I wasn't a Radison guy.    Maybe he didn't look the part.   As you, I like Porter.    Johnson is beginning to exert his authority.   If I'm Stairs, I still ain't gettin' too comfortable.   

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #47: July 01, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
I think you mean if you're Stairs, time to get excited. Johnson has already played him more than Riggs ever did.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #48: July 01, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
I'm going!!!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #49: July 01, 2011, 04:50:27 PM »
I think you mean if you're Stairs, time to get excited. Johnson has already played him more than Riggs ever did.

Nah, Johnson's proving a point to himself and Rizzo ...  Stairs is fillin' a uniform.   Period