Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3  (Read 19644 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3
« Reply #900: July 17, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »
Oh -- and he traded All-Star pitcher Joel Hanrahan for Sean Burnett.  Don't ever forget that.

You really aren't going to try and point to that and be expected to be taken seriously are you?  You're moving from azzclown territory to azzhat territory now douchebag.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #901: July 17, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »
The loss of this game can be blamed on poor base-running, the bat of Jason Werth and the pitching.  We're not ready for a Wild Card run when we let games like this go by.

Offline Dixon Ward

« Reply #902: July 17, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
i'm pretty disappointed by the loss, but perhaps more so by the roster move. bixler to aaa? what the hell? matt freaking stairs is a complete waste of a roster spot for reasons known to everyone except, apparently, rizzo.  >:(

<-- strasburg's reaction to the roster move

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #903: July 17, 2011, 07:49:15 PM »
Only 1 game in front of Marlins   :panic:  one game under .500  :panic: do something quick  :panic: get some ointment  :panic: Werth is hitting .213  :panic: Davey has to go  :panic: bring back Riggleman  :panic: can Strasburg start vs Houston  :panic: what about Wang  :panic: Ok...Ok...OK everythings good Bixler is gone...but wait Stairs and Burnett are still here  :panic: :panic: Jane stop this crazy thing

National League
EAST              W    L    PCT    GB
Philadelphia    59   35   .628    --
Atlanta           56   39   .589   3.5
NY Mets         47   47   .500  12.0
Washington    47   48   .495  12.5
Florida           46   49   .484  13.5 

Offline Strasburg37

« Reply #904: July 17, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
You really aren't going to try and point to that and be expected to be taken seriously are you?  You're moving from azzclown territory to azzhat territory now douchebag.
How much name-calling can you fit in one post?  Grow up.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #905: July 17, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
OK - no name calling here.  But one trade is not enough data to condem Mike Rizzo.  With right hand relievers coming up, why keep Hanrahan ?  Why not try to get a lefty reliever ?

Do you remember the number of people who played last year that are not here now ?  For example, Guzman, Willingham, Nyger, Dunn, Young.  I'm sure there are a few more.  Aren't you willing to give Rizzo some credit for that ?

Un-freaking-believable!!!  Rizzo is such a f***ing joke.  The team has gone downhill since he refused to have a meeting with the manager he hired, and his lousy players, like Werth and Stairs, continue to stink up our dugout.  Not to mention LaRoche on the DL and his beloved Wang in the minors.

Oh -- and he traded All-Star pitcher Joel Hanrahan for Sean Burnett.  Don't ever forget that.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #906: July 17, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
Stop feeding the troll.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #907: July 17, 2011, 11:10:31 PM »
I can only read when someone else quotes him but...

'beloved Wang' earns a thumbs up from me.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #908: July 18, 2011, 06:30:35 AM »
Bass trumpet?   Cool ..   I started my instrumental odyssey when I was twelve with the standard trumpet.   I've been through guitars, basses, keyboards, drums, cow bell, mandolin, etc. but never heard of a bass trumpet.   I gotta google that.    Have a great time.   Sounds like fun.

PS  Take some pictures.

On Topic:   Go Nats !!!!

That was absolutely insane. There were brass sections on my left and right as well as the orchestra in front and I can honestly say that concert was as loud as going clubbing :lol:

Totally amazing experience. The Most Awesome Instrument winner ended up being the xylophone, because the xylophone had a MAD solo that was like a whole minute of total insanity. My eyes nearly popped out. If someone posts a clip online I'll link it.

This picture I took from my place shows the orchestra, the organ, and LESS THAN HALF of the chorus! There were also choirs back on the other side of the organ, and directly to the right and left of the stage. That weird orange thing on the far left is the thunder machine.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #909: July 18, 2011, 07:12:21 AM »
Correction, the big orange thing is in fact a "bird scare": basically, an oil drum filled with metal bits that you spin around to create a gigantic noisy racket.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #910: July 18, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »
Baseball so bad it makes you want to spit.

2011 Washington Nationals...expectorate it.