Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 2  (Read 11197 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 2
« Reply #225: August 27, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »
Yes, "it's on you Riggleman" but you shouldn't have to tell a major league baseball player "DON'T GET PICKED OFF AT FIRST!"

He should know that instinctively!

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #226: August 27, 2010, 10:28:46 PM »
Phil Wood excusing Nyjer's mistakes.

This organization is filled with people that refuse to accept personal responsibility for anything.
He's just following society

Offline PC

« Reply #227: August 27, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
Is there another team in major league baseball that would tolerate Nyjer Morgan?  Not even the Pirates!

Offline Fan037

« Reply #228: August 27, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »
Couldn't agree more, EdStroud.  Nobody accepts responsibility for anything anymore.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #229: August 27, 2010, 10:41:17 PM »
The opinion of EdStroud is his and only his opinion and not that of the sponsors or owners of the WNFF :)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #230: August 27, 2010, 11:38:50 PM »
To all those nagging about nyjer...who else do we have to play?  Morse most likely isn't an everyday OF.  Don't give me that whiting option.  Burgess isn't ready.

Its crawford/werth or bust.

Offline natstime

« Reply #231: August 27, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
On another note.  My aunt got me tickets to the PNC diamond club (right behind home plate) and an old washington senator Hank Allen was there scouting.  I got him to sign a ball, he was a really nice guy.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #232: August 28, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
On another note.  My aunt got me tickets to the PNC diamond club (right behind home plate) and an old washington senator Hank Allen was there scouting.  I got him to sign a ball, he was a really nice guy.
Hank Allen is Richie and Ron Allen's brother.  All three MLBers talented family.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #233: August 28, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »
To all those nagging about nyjer...who else do we have to play?  Morse most likely isn't an everyday OF.  Don't give me that whiting option.  Burgess isn't ready.

Its crawford/werth or bust.

You play anyone but this bum jackass. His tirade in center field for that inside the park homer was unforgivable. I will never forget that. But On top of that he's been awful all season, mildly warm for a week or two, then DL, and now he's throwing **** at fans. I don't care what that fans writeup said, MLB does t suspend anyone for seven games unless they have some serious freaking evidence of something incredible in severity. Cueto got that for kicking a dozen guys in the head. Oh, on top of all that Morgan gets thrown out more than anyone I have seen in a season and is one of the worst leadoff hitters for getting on base I've seen in a while.

The better question is what positive is there about Morgan that can't be replicated by whoever we have playing CF in the Gulf Coast Rookie League?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #234: August 28, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »
You play anyone but this bum jackass. His tirade in center field for that inside the park homer was unforgivable. I will never forget that. But On top of that he's been awful all season, mildly warm for a week or two, then DL, and now he's throwing **** at fans. I don't care what that fans writeup said, MLB does t suspend anyone for seven games unless they have some serious freaking evidence of something incredible in severity. Cueto got that for kicking a dozen guys in the head. Oh, on top of all that Morgan gets thrown out more than anyone I have seen in a season and is one of the worst leadoff hitters for getting on base I've seen in a while.

The better question is what positive is there about Morgan that can't be replicated by whoever we have playing CF in the Gulf Coast Rookie League?

Lol so you don't forgive the guy for one mistake he made.  He's emotional so what.  Was it a display of distaste?  Yes.  But its over with, move on.

As far as throwing the ball in the stands, were you there to see him throw a "laser" at that fan?  I didn't think so.  The fact that the only witness to come out and speak up about it was a phillies fan who was defending nyjer, says a lot.

Look I think nyjer has been disappointing this season.  But face it the club is going to keep playing him until someone steps up.  Nobody really has.  If next year requires bernadina to move to center and we sign crawford or werth, that would be absolutely incredible.  But we all know what needs to happen for that to go down.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #235: August 28, 2010, 12:50:06 PM »
I think Nyjer has two opposing sides.  One minute he gets picked off and ruins a rally.  The next he manufactures a run by a bunt single, stealing second, stealing third and scoring on a fly ball.  He also makes some outstanding plays in the field.  I don't think Nyjer's the main reason the Nats are losing.  The starting pitching has been woeful and the hitters have been missing in action.

He was defended by a Philly fan so I don't think that 7-day suspension was justified either.