Author Topic: Worst offensive performance in Nationals history - 2012 edition  (Read 14365 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Kendrick/Halladay/Hamels up next.  That'll be a joy.

Kendrick will get double digit Ks. We'll be fine with Halladay and Hamels.

Offline DPMOmaha

Kendrick will get double digit Ks. We'll be fine with Halladay and Hamels.

Where do I sign?

Online RobDibblesGhost

Kendrick/Halladay/Hamels up next.  That'll be a joy.

After facing Chen Sunday.  Not looking good.

Offline PC

This lineup as currently constructed can score enough runs to beat  Chen, Kendrick, Halladay and Hamels.  What kind of starting pitching are we going to get?

Offline DPMOmaha

This lineup as currently constructed can score enough runs to beat  Chen, Kendrick, Halladay and Hamels.  What kind of starting pitching are we going to get?

I think it will be solid.  I don't see SS having back to back bad starts.  Curious to see how Gio handles Philly and I think Zimnn bounces back too.  I'm really not worried about the pitching.  Every staff and every starter will have a bad start or two over the course of the season.

Online Slateman

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Online Slateman

Yea ... this is pretty close. I guess the only saving grace is that Hamels is really good.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
definitely up there as one of the worst.

Offline MorseTheHorse

A .265 OBP isn't anything to write home about, but it is far from worst offensive performance of the year. 

Offline PC

Offline PC

False. Scored a run.

The inning we scored that run actually points out the failure of the offense in this game.  The bases were loaded with one out.

Offline Sharp

This isn't so much one of the Nats' worst offensive performances as it is one of their worst defensive ones this year.

Online Slateman

Scored two runs!!

Offline PC

This isn't so much one of the Nats' worst offensive performances as it is one of their worst defensive ones this year.

How so?

Offline Sharp

How so?
Pitching gave up a ton of runs, only one on a homer... when was the last time we gave up 7?

Online Slateman

Pitching gave up a ton of runs, only one on a homer... when was the last time we gave up 7?

Who brought in Brad Lidge instead of Craig Stammen?  :stir:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Pretty good indication of how this team will perform in pressure situations late in the season.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Pretty good indication of how this team will perform in pressure situations late in the season.

Can't tell if this is trolling or not but it's partly true.  Nats still need to learn how to play against veteran teams in games that actually matter.  Having Werth around should help.  Lidge isn't what he once was, but he did better than HRod probably would have done - at least the current HRod who gets rattled far too easily.

But by the end of the season, they should be a lot better in playing under similar, pressure-packed situations as they gain experience.

Offline Sharp

It's too bad Clippard is an Established Closer now or we might have used him in that situation instead of Lidge.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Lidge isn't what he once was, but he did better than HRod probably would have done - at least the current HRod who gets rattled far too easily.

I'm not sure how anyone could have done worse.  I'd take HRod over Lidge every time.

Online HalfSmokes

It's too bad Clippard is an Established Closer now or we might have used him in that situation instead of Lidge.

Clipp in high leverage + crap closer coming in with bases empty over clip as closer, crap coming in and securing loss every tine

Offline Fan037

To me, it was how the team carried itself under the pressure of playing the Yankees.  It lacked confidence and cracked.  We had offensive chances early on but couldn't capitalize.  If Desmond got a hit with the bases loaded, who knows?  We might have had a different outcome.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I'm not sure how anyone could have done worse.  I'd take HRod over Lidge every time.

Lidge was close to getting a DP ball out of Jeter.  Maybe a couple of feet the other way and that would have been a GIDP.

Regardless, now is the time to figure out who to use at the end of the year.  In September, it might be Clip, Burnett, or Stammen who we bring in to get out of a jam.