Author Topic: Not venting: just grief  (Read 2253 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Not venting: just grief
« Reply #50: October 14, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
I do understand the grief.

Fortunately, it's one season's death. A fresh new starts to ramp up in about in 120 days or so. Are you thinking about a Spring Training trip? I am. Even if I don't get to go (two kids in college), I'm planning it.

It's gonna be a great year next year. I can feel it. I  can feel the first time I get a sunburn in the hot May sun sitting on the first base side. I can feel that moment after the third for fourth game down there when I realize the Park really isn't that big. The first beer in the Loft is gonna taste great. A half smoke up there at those picnic tables you like to sit at will still be sloppy and hard to eat.  The crowds will be a little bigger, the Metro track work will mostly be done, and there will be more places outside the Park for visitors. More 20-somethings will gather up at that big outdoor bar and root like hell next year.

Winter will suck because Winter always sucks(okay, no Caps maybe, so it'll suck even more). But it'll be Spring again. New green grass and more things you've never seen before.

How freaking lucky are we?

Well said.  At least the offseason is little shorter than usual thanks to our run this year.  And I'm already thinking about a trip to Florida in a few months as well...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #51: October 14, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
Well said.  At least the offseason is little shorter than usual thanks to our run this year.  And I'm already thinking about a trip to Florida in a few months as well...

Remember to add in the WBC interrupting the flow of ST this coming year when making travel plans.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #52: October 14, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
guys.  We are primed for next year. 

EJax was replacement WAR this year.  Lannan can fill in until Garcia is ready to start in the majors. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #53: October 14, 2012, 11:07:36 PM »
EJax was 2.7 WAR, nearly a full win over a replacement player. Thinking that replacing him with "insert pitcher" and everything will run smoothly is dangerous thinking.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #54: October 14, 2012, 11:48:45 PM »
There were a lot of people at the Redskins game still talking about the Nats. It seems like the whole town is still mourning the devastating loss. As much as you tried to get back into the swing of an NFL gameday and especially a Redskins home game it was obvious that people are not over it yet. I wore Nats gear. The game helped a little bit and the win was definitely balm to the wound but even while celebrating the win after in the postgame tailgate it was still being brought up. I kept checking the time and remind myself (and those with me) that we should be starting the NLCS. It's gonna to take a while. My mom and my sister both told me that they have not gotten over it and have been unable to sleep reliving the top of the 9th inning. Anyway, this was mentioned by someone in another thread but it's ridiculous to think that Opening Day will not sell out. They have to strike while the iron is hot. They need to make whatever moves necessary (irrespective of cost!) to make sure this team is ready to hit the ground at a full gallop. Nats fever is at its beginning stages. Feed it you cheap bastards!

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #55: October 15, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »
Wait, Calsgr8 dropped the f-bomb?  :shock:

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #56: October 15, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »

I'm already floating toward spring training...never had trouble focusing on the Redskins before...RG3 looks special so I might snap into HTTR mode soon

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #57: October 15, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
Wait, Calsgr8 dropped the f-bomb?  :shock:

Yep my friend had to tell me to calm down.  I was really angry.  You've heard of the anger of a person scorned?  That's nothing compared to a person who's team just lost the divisional series when all we needed was one lousy strike!

At work one of my coworkers knew something was wrong when I didnt have a single post on Facebook!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #58: October 15, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
The birds were trailing the entire game.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #59: October 15, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »
The birds were trailing the entire game.

until the 9th, and that's what matters.

Offline BerakosVA

« Reply #60: October 15, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
If this is what i felt by losing game 5 then i can't imagine what the Ranger fans were feeling being 1 strike away from being world champions.