Author Topic: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 2  (Read 9349 times)

MrMadison

Re: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 2
« Reply #75: August 09, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
The offense is pathetic. Can't say I am a fan of the the combo we have in the top of the order. Zero patience. Regardless, seems like yet another game where Manny has convinced everyone the team is incapable of doing anything against a decent pitcher. They put together no plan, they just concede.

yeah, it's all Manny's fault.

Sabathia is a bum, and so is Sheets.

Manny just has everyone convinced that they are quality pitchers capable of pitching quality games.  what a liar that Manny is.

fire Manny and every player not wearing a Nationals uniform will instantly turn into a worthless bum.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #76: August 09, 2008, 08:45:52 PM »
The offense is pathetic. Can't say I am a fan of the the combo we have in the top of the order. Zero patience. Regardless, seems like yet another game where Manny has convinced everyone the team is incapable of doing anything against a decent pitcher. They put together no plan, they just concede.
You realize we got more hits off CC than St. Louis, Cincinnati, LA, San Francisco.
I don't agree with your assessment. These are amazing pitchers, and it isn't just our team that they shut down.

If we don't score off Parra or Bush, then I will agree with you.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #77: August 09, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »
Do something offense. Ronnynat's fantasy team is killing me thanks to your ineptitude.

Sheets up to a 0.45 WHIP for this game which dropped to 0.43 after the Flores SO :-[

MrMadison

« Reply #78: August 09, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »
You realize we got more hits off CC than St. Louis, Cincinnati, LA, San Francisco.
I don't agree with your assessment. These are amazing pitchers, and it isn't just our team that they shut down.

don't bring facts into this.  everyone who doesn't play for the Nationals is a bum.

giving credit to good players for performing like good players do = "sucking up and rolling over".

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #79: August 09, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
That's now 20 consecutive innings without a run for the Nationals offense!  :clap:

How dare our professional baseball team score even a single run against Good Major League Starters. We strive for mediocrity here in Nats Land.

MrMadison

« Reply #80: August 09, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »
That's now 20 consecutive innings without a run for the Nationals offense!  :clap:

How dare our professional baseball team score even a single run against Good Major League Starters. We strive for mediocrity here in Nats Land.

How dare Good Major League Starters not suddenly pitch like crap because they are facing the Nationals?

how dare they pitch well?  the nerve of these Opposing Pitchers. don't they know that they are supposed to give up 10 runs when they face the Nationals?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #81: August 09, 2008, 08:53:55 PM »
ugh, i didn't have a good feeling about this series.

anyways...

BREAKING NEWS: AUSTIN KEARNS IS A BIG EARED BUM. he has NO power yet he continues to bat 4th. he's gonna have a career season this year though, right? he's also been horrendous in right field, nice angle on that Durham fly ball! he's a gold glover though, right?

:thumbs:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #82: August 09, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
How dare Good Major League Starters not suddenly pitch like crap because they are facing the Nationals?

how dare they pitch well?  the nerve of these Opposing Pitchers. don't they know that they are supposed to give up 10 runs when they face the Nationals?
Who said that we were supposed to score 10 runs? Dude we haven't even scored 1 run! Is asking for 1 run in 2 games too much? :rofl:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #83: August 09, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »
ugh, i didn't have a good feeling about this series.

anyways...

BREAKING NEWS: AUSTIN KEARNS IS A BIG EARED BUM. he has NO power yet he continues to bat 4th. he's gonna have a career season this year though, right? he's also been horrendous in right field, nice angle on that Durham fly ball! he's a gold glover though, right?

:thumbs:
I like Kearns but we can absolutely not go into next year with him starting in our OF.

Despite saying that though I am almost 100% sure that he'll be here and will be starting for various reasons.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #84: August 09, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »

CC is a Cy Young Winner. Ben Sheets has under a 3 ERA. These are not good pitchers, these are great pitchers.
Our team is very young, you can't expect them to figure out these pitchers when they make veterans look bad.

You act like we have Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, and Joe DiMaggio on the team. They make a lot of teams look bad, not just ours.

MrMadison

« Reply #85: August 09, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
Who said that we were supposed to score 10 runs? Dude we haven't even scored 1 run! Is asking for 1 run in 2 games too much? :rofl:

oh I'm sorry, maybe the pitchers should just give us a pity run to make you happy.

heaven forbid the Nationals actually have to earn it, against the best pitchers in baseball.

and heaven forbid the Nationals actually fail in their attempt to earn it against the best pitchers in baseball.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #86: August 09, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
Nice catch Willie

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #87: August 09, 2008, 08:58:53 PM »
oh I'm sorry, maybe the pitchers should just give us a pity run to make you happy.

heaven forbid the Nationals actually have to earn it, against the best pitchers in baseball.

these Pitchers are supposed to just "roll over" simply because you root for the Nationals, yes?
Where did I say one thing about pitchers rolling over? Man I guess some one here are so desensitized by this team that they forget what a real team is like.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #88: August 09, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »
these Pitchers are supposed to just "roll over" simply because you root for the Nationals, yes?

:rofl: quoted you before the edit.

Nope. Sheets is supposed to give up a run or more because I am running out of pins to stick in my Ben Sheets voodoo doll. ;)

MrMadison

« Reply #89: August 09, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »
Man I guess some one here are so desensitized by this team that they forget what a real team is like.

or perhaps some of us actually realize that we actually play against real teams, and are capable of recognizing that on some days real teams will simply out play us, and pitchers will simply be dominant. and some of us are capable of giving simple credit for that on those days.

if we were facing a couple of bums and they shut us out like this, I'd be upset.

but we are not.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #90: August 09, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »
Excellent. Willie and Ronnie. Sheets up to a 0.71 WHIP for this game after Harris' hit.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #91: August 09, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »
Nice Willie! Signs of Life!

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #92: August 09, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »
How many teams were no-hit by starters that had horrible careers?
We are getting shutout by two pitchers that are in the top 15 in the majors. You act like we aren't hitting off Brandon Backe or Bronson Arroyo.

2nd and 3rd 0 outs, happy now?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #93: August 09, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »
I like Kearns but we can absolutely not go into next year with him starting in our OF.

Despite saying that though I am almost 100% sure that he'll be here and will be starting for various reasons.

don't ya know?! big ears plays the game the right way!  :spaz:  :hang:

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #94: August 09, 2008, 09:05:55 PM »
Come on Bonifacio

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #95: August 09, 2008, 09:07:04 PM »
Triple SO time Bonafacio.  :-[

MrMadison

« Reply #96: August 09, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
also, getting shut out by good pitchers comes with the territory of having a team full of 23 and 24 year olds.

it's gonna happen. getting bent out of shape about it is not going to make much of a difference.

that's all I'm saying.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #97: August 09, 2008, 09:07:58 PM »
How many teams were no-hit by starters that had horrible careers?
We are getting shutout by two pitchers that are in the top 15 in the majors. You act like we aren't hitting off Brandon Backe or Bronson Arroyo.

2nd and 3rd 0 outs, happy now?
I'm not happy unless we win.

Wow, horrible ABs by EB and Langerhans.

MrMadison

« Reply #98: August 09, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
I'm not happy unless we win.

be honest sportsfan, you aren't even happy then.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #99: August 09, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »
What was wrong with Langerhans AB? He hit it hard, just right at Fielder. Agreed the rest of them sucked.