Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 4 (L)  (Read 32469 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 4 (L)
« Reply #175: September 01, 2005, 10:47:25 PM »
Be happy to see Andruw sitting down here.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #176: September 01, 2005, 10:47:48 PM »
Quote from: "Jerspos"
Quote from: "rileyn"
2-0 Atl. That was quick.  For anybody watching the game, what happened on Furcals infield single.  Did Cruz make a weak throw?

He wussy armed it...it was a very weak throw on a routine play can't belive it was'nt an error

2-1 nice blooper by SHNEIDER

So let me get this straight - if Cruz hadn't candy-assed the throw on Furcal's single in the 1st inning we would have won this game in 9 innings?

Offline carlfish

« Reply #177: September 01, 2005, 10:48:39 PM »
Well, suck a nut.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #178: September 01, 2005, 10:48:44 PM »
freak YOU ANDRUW JONES

tomwaits

« Reply #179: September 01, 2005, 10:48:57 PM »
welcome back ayala

Offline carlfish

« Reply #180: September 01, 2005, 10:49:18 PM »
Good night gentlemen.  I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Offline PC

« Reply #181: September 01, 2005, 10:49:19 PM »
We should have gone to Cordero.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #182: September 01, 2005, 10:51:29 PM »
AWFUL, AWFUL LOSS.  10 men LOB (bases loaded twice with impatient at bats from Nick and Byrd), base running blunders, weak throws from ss, and abominable starting pitching.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #183: September 01, 2005, 10:51:45 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
freak YOU ANDRUW JONES

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #184: September 01, 2005, 10:52:38 PM »
Oh well, no use cryin about it.  It could have been a 7-1 blowout....this team has GUTS!! I can't wait until we get some offensive talent to go along with the GUTS.  Let's line 'em up tomorrow night!  See y'all....

Offline rileyn

« Reply #185: September 01, 2005, 10:52:49 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
AWFUL, AWFUL LOSS.  10 men LOB (bases loaded twice with impatient at bats from Nick and Byrd), base running blunders, weak throws from ss, and abominable starting pitching.

The back to back 6-0 pastings by the Cardinals last weekend were much easier for me to take.  Too many missed opportunities in games like these are the story of the season.  PISS!

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #186: September 01, 2005, 10:55:27 PM »
Frank Robinson is the worst manager in baseball.....please get him out of Dc.

Ayala best pitch is his fastball...........no wonder why Andruw crushed that ball! Cordero owns Andruw! And once saw him retiring Jones on three pitchers....

Anyways tough lost...but you get used to it...TO THESE CARDIAC NATS!

Offline PC

« Reply #187: September 02, 2005, 12:09:01 AM »
Repeating myself again, sometimes a save happens early.

Andruw Jones is the most dangerous hitter in their lineup.  This was the point to take a chance and go to our best reliever and to get Jones out.  The game would likely have ended before he came to bat again, one way or the other.

The idea of sometimes using Cordero "early" came to me in the Houston series.  The top and middle of their lineup was killing us.  Livan was pitching and #8, #9, #1 were due up in the sixth inning.  #8 and the pinch hitter got on.  The save in that game was the 6th inning because we were being killed by the people who were coming up.  They scored two runs that inning and we ended up losing by 1.

This is probably too much "outside of the box" thinking for Frank, though.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #188: September 02, 2005, 12:35:05 AM »
All things considered, you've got to wonder why they didn't just walk Jones.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #189: September 02, 2005, 07:39:54 AM »
All this talk about FR didn't do this...or FR didn't do that...why didn't he walk so and so (and put the go-ahead run on base....yeah right)

HOW ABOUT OUR HITTERS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A DAMN SINGLE WITH THE BASES LOADED?!? JEEZUS!!  

how much unnecessary blame can he get??

Offline rileyn

« Reply #190: September 02, 2005, 08:35:24 AM »
Quote from: "ernie0326"
All this talk about FR didn't do this...or FR didn't do that...why didn't he walk so and so (and put the go-ahead run on base....yeah right)

HOW ABOUT OUR HITTERS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A DAMN SINGLE WITH THE BASES LOADED?!? JEEZUS!!  

Thank you!

Scot

« Reply #191: September 02, 2005, 11:04:09 AM »
You know, last night's game was extremely exciting for me - it was a good game for the Nats. Don't overlook the fact that they came back from being down 7-1 against the best team in the division and managed to tie it and send it to extra innings. they didn't manage to win the game, but still, it was impressive. The offense bounced back, the bullpen was outstanding. Lots of positives to take from last night's game.

Scot.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #192: September 02, 2005, 11:31:59 AM »
I was working a hockey game last night and from reading the box score and game reports, the things that stood out as being really wrong, were Frank having said that Armas would be watched closely and would be on a very short leash.

I just want to know two things:
1) Just how frigging long is that short leash of Frank's?
2) When s Armas gonna stop thinking he's Pedro Martinez?

dotsandloops

« Reply #193: September 02, 2005, 11:35:28 AM »
Quote from: "Scot"
You know, last night's game was extremely exciting for me - it was a good game for the Nats. Don't overlook the fact that they came back from being down 7-1 against the best team in the division and managed to tie it and send it to extra innings. they didn't manage to win the game, but still, it was impressive. The offense bounced back, the bullpen was outstanding. Lots of positives to take from last night's game.

Scot.

Absolutely.  I've given up the thought of a playoff run so I can follow the games and look for positives.  I figure it'll be much easier on me than just getting pissed off all the time, and if they do better than my expectations it'll feel wonderful.

The loss was a heartbreaker but we've made a world of improvement in the last week.  A week ago we were getting shut out twice by bad pitchers on a bad team and looking like we didn't care.  Now we split a series with the first-place team in the division and came back to tie it.  That's all the improvement I could have asked for: if we can keep it up, it's just a matter of getting the little things right.  We've got the gaping leak fixed; now we need to get the water out of the boat.

Offline PC

« Reply #194: September 02, 2005, 11:52:27 AM »
Quote from: "ernie0326"

Well, not being able to get a single (or walk) is partly Frank's fault.  This team has unbelievably poor bat discipline.  The Braves bullpen was in tatters.  The disciplined option was to, take pitches and let them walk you.  The Braves were not going to strike anybody out. If we showed the discipline, the Braves would still be, right now, walking Nationals!

That lack of discipline is partly a result of poor managing/coaching.

Scot

« Reply #195: September 02, 2005, 11:55:29 AM »
Quote from: "dotsandloops"
Absolutely.  I've given up the thought of a playoff run so I can follow the games and look for positives.  I figure it'll be much easier on me than just getting pissed off all the time, and if they do better than my expectations it'll feel wonderful.

Yep, that's exactly my approach as well. Try to enjoy the positives in every game, and if they manage to do better than I expected, even better. Get past armas atruggling, and focus on the great job by the bullpen. Get past the fact they lost, and focus on the fact they scored 7 runs. Lots of positives in last night's game, even if they didn't manage to pull off the come-from-behind victory.

Scot.