Author Topic: Verizon is abandoning its FiOS TV & internet service to pursue wireless partners  (Read 2195 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
1 hd movie to hit your data cap?

Whatever the cost I'll pay, love my cell phone.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Whatever the cost I'll pay, love my cell phone.

At $10/GB, no thanks.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
comcast > verizon

Not a chance in hell I'd ever agree with this post!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Not a chance in hell I'd ever agree with this post!

Did he forget the :stir: emoticon?  Comcast is trash.  I'd take (smokin') Cox back before I'd go with Comcast (I have Comcast but it was that or crapazz DSL).

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Verizon sucks, Comcast sucks - long live prepaid Sprint and Earthlink DSL!! :woop:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Verizon sucks, Comcast sucks - long live prepaid Sprint and Earthlink DSL!! :woop:

DSL is terrible unless you've found a time machine back to 1999.

Offline PANatsFan

DSL is terrible unless you've found a time machine back to 1999.

Yeah, I'm not going to pay a dime to Comcast, and it SHOULD be fast enough to stream video, I HOPE. 3Mbps.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Yeah, I'm not going to pay a dime to Comcast, and it SHOULD be fast enough to stream video, I HOPE. 3Mbps.

Good luck on that.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I had 3Mbps DSL in 2006 and it was slow then

Offline PANatsFan

Comcast modem arriving tomorrow :cry:

at least I'm getting Directv

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Comcast modem arriving tomorrow :cry:

at least I'm getting Directv

i went from comcast internet/directtv/verzion home phone to fios a bit over 2 years ago and haven't looked back.  Comcast service was horrible in the evenings when everyone in the neighborhood is hammering it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Unfortunately FioS isn't available everywhere.  It was between 8mbps Cumcast or .8mbps Verizon DSL.  :spaz:

Offline HalfSmokes

Unfortunately FioS isn't available everywhere.  It was between 8mbps Cumcast or .8mbps Verizon DSL.  :spaz:

try the dsl services if you're in crystal city. My old building (the bennington) had a trunk line in the basement so 'dsl' was more for billing purposes, than a reflection of the actual speed

Offline PANatsFan

i went from comcast internet/directtv/verzion home phone to fios a bit over 2 years ago and haven't looked back.  Comcast service was horrible in the evenings when everyone in the neighborhood is hammering it.
I'm giving up fios to move to dc. I explored every other imaginable optio including satellite dish internet before giving in. I might see if I can get clear 4g signal even though their map says no.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I just sent Fios a scathing email to complain about their service and technical support. I threatened to switch back to DIRECTV.

Offline PANatsFan

I just sent Fios a scathing email to complain about their service and technical support. I threatened to switch back to DIRECTV.
Its an increible product administers by haughty fools

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
PA, we already have a forum to discuss the Nats. This is a thread about Verizon.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline hammondsnats

PA, we already have a forum to discuss the Nats. This is a thread about Verizon.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:worship: Linty

early consideration for 2012 WNFF post of the year.

Offline PANatsFan

there were enough typos in that post that I won't argue. Instead I'll nag that I had to buy a cable modem whereas FioS comes with a free router/modem.