Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171588 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #500: August 30, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »
Yes. And I believe will call, however if you order online you can print them unless you get non-printable tickets on stub hub.

Non-printable tickets on StubHub? 

You can get tickets from the team up until 2-3 hours before first pitch and from StubHub up to 1-2 hours before game time (I should know this cold considering the number of last minute purchases and sales I've made).  Both can be printed at home.  Buying from the team you also have the Will Call option.

One note about buying from the team the day of the game is that they release tickets held for the handicapped, VIPs, and the opposing team at around 9-10 AM, so you can get some good seats for mostly sold out games.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #503: September 01, 2012, 04:50:49 AM »
I really don't care for that German style beer.  The Neighborhood Restaurant group will open a microbrewery soon in the neighborhood and it will be vastly better than Gordan Biersch

Gordon Biersch coming to the Nats park area?

http://www.jdland.com/dc/index.cfm/3750/Restaurant-Permit-Application-at-100-M-Gordon-Biersch-Fina/

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #504: September 01, 2012, 07:54:47 AM »
I've always found Gordon Biersch incredibly over-priced. But maybe it's me.
I really don't care for that German style beer.  The Neighborhood Restaurant group will open a microbrewery soon in the neighborhood and it will be vastly better than Gordan Biersch

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #505: September 01, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
I've always found Gordon Biersch incredibly over-priced. But maybe it's me.

Overpriced for what you get although their brunch and their Marzen are pretty good. The Kirkland brand beer is made by the same brewers if you want to skip the food and go directly to the beer.

Online imref

« Reply #506: September 01, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
we went to the one near the verizon center a few months ago.  the service kind of sucked, but the food was decent and I enjoyed trying the beer flight sample.

Online imref

« Reply #507: September 01, 2012, 09:46:20 AM »
Overpriced for what you get although their brunch and their Marzen are pretty good. The Kirkland brand beer is made by the same brewers if you want to skip the food and go directly to the beer.

trader joe's too I believe.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #508: September 02, 2012, 12:44:55 AM »
Love their Garlic fries.  They used to have fantastic mint iced tea!  I don't think they do anymore either.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #509: September 02, 2012, 08:13:59 AM »
I always thought that Kirkland was brewed by Saranac.

Gordon Bierh, the brewery, contracts out their brewing?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #511: September 02, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »

Costco in MD has no beer, and the Pentagon City Costco has assarific parking.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #512: September 02, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »
It is not just Costco anymore. Schneiders had it too. I am not sure how widespread it is distrubuted though so YMMV.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #513: September 04, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »
What's the earliest they let people in to the park? Saturday is Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead Day and I want one!!!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #514: September 04, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
2.5 hours before first pitch.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #515: September 04, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »

Online Slateman

« Reply #516: September 05, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »
So what is parking like down there? I'm thinking of driving, due to my hatred of Metro.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #517: September 05, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »
Coming from Vienna, you could take the Orange Line to the Capitol South station and walk.  That way, you would not have to fight the zoo when transferring at L'Fant Plaza.  You'll get a seat because you're at the beginning at Vienna.  If you walk balk to Capitol South after the game, you'll easily get a seat then as well.

So what is parking like down there? I'm thinking of driving, due to my hatred of Metro.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #518: September 05, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »
I almost always park in HH.  It's a bit convoluted to get in and out, so look at the directions on the website and maybe take a look at google maps satellite view, but you miss all the traffic right at the park and it's only $5 or $10.  About a 15 min stroll to the park.

Online Slateman

« Reply #519: September 05, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »
Coming from Vienna, you could take the Orange Line to the Capitol South station and walk.  That way, you would not have to fight the zoo when transferring at L'Fant Plaza.  You'll get a seat because you're at the beginning at Vienna.  If you walk balk to Capitol South after the game, you'll easily get a seat then as well.

I don't care about the seat. I just take Metro every day and, well, I don't like it. I'm wondering if it might be faster to drive.

I almost always park in HH.  It's a bit convoluted to get in and out, so look at the directions on the website and maybe take a look at google maps satellite view, but you miss all the traffic right at the park and it's only $5 or $10.  About a 15 min stroll to the park.

Is there a map or something with these lots marked off? I distinctly remember seeing one at one point.

« Reply #520: September 05, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
not bad at all, look at the map on the nats website of the lots and what streets there on, also there are other lots right around the stadium that the nats don't own. :minigunz: :w:

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #521: September 05, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »
Here are links to maps of the lots.  One the official Nats site (click on the parking tab along the bottom of the map) and the other from a really nice site on what's going on around the stadium

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ballpark/directions_planner.jsp

http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium-parking.cfm?tab=no3

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #522: September 05, 2012, 08:14:15 PM »
I don't care about the seat. I just take Metro every day and, well, I don't like it. I'm wondering if it might be faster to drive.

Is there a map or something with these lots marked off? I distinctly remember seeing one at one point.

From JD Land:

http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium-parking.cfm?tab=no3

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #523: September 05, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
PS.  Lot HH is actually under the freeway

Online Slateman

« Reply #524: September 05, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »
And HH is an official lot? Meaning it's unlikely my car will be stolen/broken in to? And costs five bucks?

And is that now 695? What's the best way to get there?