Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 14736 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #500: July 25, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
well he and PA both thought getting rid of Dunn/Willingham were good moves, while adding Hrod/brown.

:crazy:

I'm going to not hate on the GM that is in charge of a team that at this exact moment is tied for the best record in baseball and is more games over .500 than it has ever been in team history.  Just saying.

And Josh Willingham could have helped us this year but Adam Dunn is batting .210 and batted .159 all of last year.  Yeah he's hitting a lot of homers but he's basically Carlos Pena with less speed at this point in his career.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #501: July 25, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
Turning off the computers and going to the pub  :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #502: July 25, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
SOUND THE SUBHORN!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #503: July 25, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
We also got Alex Meyer out of that. And I'm pretty happy with LaRoche/Morse.

dunn leads all of baseball in homers.  willingham is close behind.  i like laroche/morse, but we could've even kept morse and had willingham/dunn. 

Offline BerakosVA

« Reply #504: July 25, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »
I thought we would be good but not this good, kinda overwhelming how good this team is.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #505: July 25, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »
Davey to Stras: I hate you and I will put crap boy HRod into every game you pitch.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #506: July 25, 2012, 03:15:25 PM »
I'm going to not hate on the GM that is in charge of a team that at this exact moment is tied for the best record in baseball and is more games over .500 than it has ever been in team history.  Just saying.

And Josh Willingham could have helped us this year but Adam Dunn is batting .210 and batted .159 all of last year.  Yeah he's hitting a lot of homers but he's basically Carlos Pena with less speed at this point in his career.

but the GM continues to hold HRod in high opinion and hasn't addressed the catching situation.

I'm a Mike Rizzo fan - one of the bigger ones on here - but he's made some mistakes.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #507: July 25, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »
Davey to Stras: I hate you and I will put crap boy HRod into every game you pitch.
:lol:

I had to run some errands and couldn't watch the game until I came back at around 2:40. Bottom of the 8th - saw the score (yay!) saw Burnett pitching (he had obviously been switched in - yay!) and... bases loaded.

Only one person cold do such a thing... H-Rod.

Glad I wasn't around for THAT heart attack!

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #508: July 25, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
but the GM continues to hold HRod in high opinion and hasn't addressed the catching situation.

I'm a Mike Rizzo fan - one of the bigger ones on here - but he's made some mistakes.

Show me a GM who hasn't made any mistakes and I will show you a 7 foot tall leprechaun.  I don't think he holds H-Rod in high opinion at this point.  Like I said, I think if H-Rod doesn't get moved at the deadline he will be DFA'd but he does have value to a team that is not looking at being in contention for a couple of years that has the time to develop him.  It only takes one GM who is dumb/cocky enough to get a deal done.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #509: July 25, 2012, 03:19:24 PM »
Tied for the best record in the Majors.

And +1 on run differential.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #510: July 25, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »
Show me a GM who hasn't made any mistakes and I will show you a 7 foot tall leprechaun.  I don't think he holds H-Rod in high opinion at this point.  Like I said, I think if H-Rod doesn't get moved at the deadline he will be DFA'd but he does have value to a team that is not looking at being in contention for a couple of years that has the time to develop him.  It only takes one GM who is dumb/cocky enough to get a deal done.

Exactly, I think you'll see H-Rod to the Astros for a poor man's Cutter Dykstra. Or maybe to the Twins.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #511: July 25, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
And +1 on run differential.

No, the Rangers lead us by 9 on run differential.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #512: July 25, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »

You just quoted batting average when talking about Adam Dunn this year?

Seriously? His .860 OPS would lead the team.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #513: July 25, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »

Seriously?

Heh... Adam Dunn sucks, look at his stolen base numbers!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #514: July 25, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »

lol dude.  i am a rizzo fan. 

but i am pointing out his mistakes and saying we could've had dunn/willingham still, which would've been nice.  he's sticking by his guy, hrod, who is awful.  that's a big mistake.  when ramos went down, he didn't get a catcher, that's a big mistake. 

hrod should be gone now.  this is a business and the fact this team is in contention, they will need to rely on all 25 guys on the roster.  not 24 and hope to hide one guy with potential. 

but would i rather have him than most GM's?  absolutely. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #515: July 25, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »

Seriously? His .860 OPS would lead the team.

well apparently this guy has a 7 foot tall leprechaun :shrug:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #516: July 25, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
These sweepers wear Red

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #517: July 25, 2012, 03:27:51 PM »
Why do people blame Rizzo for getting rid of Willingham?

Now, blame him for what he got in return (and subsequently keeping Hrod on the roster) all you want but dumping Josh wasn't his call.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #518: July 25, 2012, 03:29:32 PM »

Now, blame him for what he got in return (and subsequently keeping Hrod on the roster) all you want but dumping Josh wasn't his call.

What? He trade Willingham for Brown and Hrod.

Trading Willingham = Bad Move. Maybe it wasn't his call all the way, I dont know, but he's the one that makes the deals.

What we received wasn't anything great to begin with, IMO. It's even worse now that we've seen what Rodriguez can do.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #519: July 25, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »
dunn leads all of baseball in homers.  willingham is close behind.  i like laroche/morse, but we could've even kept morse and had willingham/dunn. 

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be any better with Willingham and Dunn starting over any of our regulars. Plus, we'd be down a damn good pitching prospect in Meyer.

when rizzo went down, he didn't get a catcher, that's a big mistake. 

I wouldn't call that a big mistake. It's not that easy to find and trade for a starting catcher with an expiring contract.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #520: July 25, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »

i wanted to keep willingham, but if we were going to trade him, get a better package than what we got in return.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #521: July 25, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be any better with Willingham and Dunn starting over any of our regulars. Plus, we'd be down a damn good pitching prospect in Meyer.

... You don't think we'd be better with Willingham over Lombo/Moore/Morse in LF?

add up their numbers... they don't touch what Willingham has produced this year.

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #522: July 25, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
What? He trade Willingham for Brown and Hrod.

Trading Willingham = Bad Move.

What we received wasn't anything great to begin with, IMO. It's even worse now that we've seen what Rodriguez can do.

Yep.

Yep.

Agreed.

That's why I'm baffled by your "what?"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #523: July 25, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »

I wouldn't call that a big mistake. It's not that easy to find and trade for a starting catcher with an expiring contract.

there are better catchers out there that are better than what we have. 

agree to disagree.  now we wouldn't have had werth, but we could've had willingham/harper/morse.  is it the greatest OF in the world?  no.  but it's still a damn good line-up. 

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #524: July 25, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
i wanted to keep willingham, but if we were going to trade him, get a better package than what we got in return.

Even the biggest Rizzo fans (which I am) can't disagree.