Author Topic: Games you are going to - 2013 Nats Park Roll Call  (Read 20198 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
It was kind of obvious.  :?

Ah, Bach  ...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Old age ain't for wimps.

It's freaking bullcrap. I put on about 4 lbs of fat over the winter. It used to be that I could sprint for a couple of weeks and the winter weight would be gone. I've been sprinting for about a month now and I don't see a change.  :hang:

Offline mitlen

It's freaking bullcrap. I put on about 4 lbs of fat over the winter. It used to be that I could sprint for a couple of weeks and the winter weight would be gone. I've been sprinting for about a month now and I don't see a change.  :hang:

Buddies and I tell the young guys that the winter handles become a year round phenomenon after 40.

Offline spidernat

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I'm sorry we'll miss you.  2IPAs & I will be there Saturday

went last night ... great crowd.

going tonight and sunday.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Going Friday night.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Yeah. Welcome to that time in your life where you have to watch what you eat, exercise like a racehorse, and start thinking about prostate health.

Offline spidernat

Yeah. Welcome to that time in your life where you have to watch what you eat, exercise like a racehorse, and start thinking about prostate health.

I love to eat so I don't see myself curtailing my diet.  :lol:  But crap I used to get out there and do 100 yard sprints with little stretching or warm up and got them out of the way quickly. Now it takes longer to get ready and then it's a nag to do the 100 yard sprints. Yesterday after doing 6 I had to shorten the next couple to 50 yard sprints. Also, my speed seems to be disappearing.   :-[

Offline mitlen

I love to eat so I don't see myself curtailing my diet.  :lol:  But crap I used to get out there and do 100 yard sprints with little stretching or warm up and got them out of the way quickly. Now it takes longer to get ready and then it's a nag to do the 100 yard sprints. Yesterday after doing 6 I had to shorten the next couple to 50 yard sprints. Also, my speed seems to be disappearing.   :-[

I don't multi-task.   I either run or warm up.   I never do both.  :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

But you don't sprint, either. LSD runners heat up running.
I don't multi-task.   I either run or warm up.   I never do both.  :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

Friend, it's not going to get better. What you eat really counts, though.

Now eat your greens, cut way the freak back on the salt and processed food, and age well.

Offline mitlen

But you don't sprint, either. LSD runners heat up running.

Don't matter.   I ain't warmin' up.    I got tired reading spider's post.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

Your base/resting calorie burning (I think it's called metabolic rate or something) gets worse as you get older.

Offline GburgNatsFan

:)
Don't matter.   I ain't warmin' up.    I got tired reading spider's post.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
We will be there Saturday for Gio's bobblehead

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
So will I with my mom and a neighbor :clap:... does anyone know how I can get more than one bobblehead? My sister can't go and she might die if she doesn't get one...

Online 1995hoo

We will as well. Up in Section 404. Ms1995hoo prefers sitting upstairs and since it's considerably cheaper I'm not about to argue with her! We sit downstairs for Caps games, so that more than makes up for it.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
We're going on Sunday, but have to leave very early for another commitment, we have four lower bowl seats, so if anyone is sitting in the cheap seats I can send you our location and you can take our spot.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
So will I with my mom and a neighbor :clap:... does anyone know how I can get more than one bobblehead? My sister can't go and she might die if she doesn't get one...

Two tickets, get there before the gate opens, use your sisters ticket, walk out, put the bobblehead in your car, walk back in using your ticket and stay in the park for the game.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Two tickets, get there before the gate opens, use your sisters ticket, walk out, put the bobblehead in your car, walk back in using your ticket and stay in the park for the game.

I might just do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

:nono: Now everyone is going to do that!

Offline loshjott

My first game of the season tonight!

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I might just do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tix on stubhub are over $40. I'm surprised standing room tickets aren't on sale, demand for this game is much higher than opening day.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Tix on stubhub are over $40. I'm surprised standing room tickets aren't on sale, demand for this game is much higher than opening day.
Geez, I do have an extra ticket though so I think I can do it. Or give it to a friend on the condition that I get to take the bobblehead home.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Another game I had to give up tickets to.  Off to Pittsburgh for the evening.