Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 90779 times)

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Not old, but in his prime right now - I'm more interested in Revere and Fowler, because they're 24 and 26.  If we're going to have to overpay for that talent set, I'd prefer to buy a little projectability and maybe luck into a poor man's Granderson where you get a later burst of power.

Span's definitely available, but I don't necessarily see that as a plus, unless it means we can get him cheap.  And I'm not really sure that he's better in 2013 or 2014 than Brown, Taylor, Perez, etc.  Or that he's so much better that it's worth paying what it'll take to get him.  To me, you've got to figure out what you're doing at 1b before you know if you're still hunting the white whale.

And I agree about Lombo/Espi.  I also wish that we'd find a way to pry Starlin Castro away from the Cubs.  I think we're actually better off looking at Harper as the 2012/13 CF and finding leadoff in the MI, which means our guys there don't really fit that mold, unless we're willing to trade Morse, Moore and/or LaRoche.