Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 18818 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #250: March 31, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »
HOLY CRAP! THAT WAS YOU?? WHEN I SAW IT ON THE HD SCREEN I THOUGHT OF YOU BUT I WASN'T SURE.

They don't actually show it live; they delay it for about a minute, in case someone makes obscene gestures or something.  I can't hear as well with the mask on, and didn't even realize that I was being taped at first.  The people around me were unsuccessfully trying to get a Wave going, and I tried to help them.  The guy with the camera really WANTED me to ham it up, and I was happy to oblige.  He was calling out to me, and the folks around me told me to look at the camera. 

It's too bad the GEICO Caveman wasn't there.  He was sitting at the end of my row, and I had to walk past him, with a gorilla suit in a bag, to get to the seat.  I kept staring at him in disbelief that it was really him.  LOTS of people came up to him; a woman touched his face; he said, "It's REAL.".  I think his forehead sticks out around the eyebrows kind of naturally, which might have helped get him the job.  (When I had the Gorilla suit on, I told him that I was a long-time GEICO policyholder, which is true.)  He's the one in the very newest Caveman commercial, not the one who argues with the newscasters or is at the airport.  He seemed to be having a good time.  I thought I heard him refer people to the Caveman Apartment Web site that WNFF sited in Off Topic.

I think the one on the left was at the game