Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2  (Read 29768 times)

Offline Ph*ck Philly

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2
« Reply #850: May 12, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »
It was an agreement, jeez. Davis, sit your ass down you clown.
the only camera on it had a bad angle. It was on the 3b line. My buddy was sitting behind HP and swore it was over the (short) pole. If anything it was close.  Thats why Ike thought he had it.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #851: May 12, 2010, 06:01:26 AM »
Losing sucks.

I don't think I'll ever get to sleep tonight.

I'd much rather lose a game 8-0 than to blow a game like what we saw tonight.

C'mon man.  You'd hate a 8-0 blowout just as much. stop it.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #852: May 12, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
     Bruney was given another chance and he blew it. Bruney must go.....away.....far, far away.   :rant: As far as I am concerned Bruney blew that game for us...........period. That game was a train wreck.......period. That's all I have to say about that, and I'm moving on..........to the next game.........don't want to think again about that disaster last night............... :doh:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #853: May 12, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
C'mon man.  You'd hate a 8-0 blowout just as much. stop it.

Nah. Bullpen breakdowns are the hardest games to watch.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #854: May 12, 2010, 08:43:36 AM »
Nah. Bullpen breakdowns are the hardest games to watch.

Agreed, I was chalking this up as another W and thinking we had a chance to sweep the Mets. Its much harder to watch the game go from all but being over to watching the home team score 6 runs in the bottom of the 8th.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #855: May 12, 2010, 08:46:48 AM »
Personally I'm still in denial.  We're going for the sweep today.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #856: May 12, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »
18-15 now...last season it only took the Nats till 28th April to notch their fifteenth loss (against just 4 wins). Still progressing overall.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #857: May 12, 2010, 08:59:38 AM »
I listened to this game on the way home from my game knowing we were going to lose.  We were up 6-1 when I shut the car off and Riggs just pulled Olsen.  When the Mets announcers say, "either something's wrong with Olsen or the is a classic over-managing move by Jim Riggleman because the Mets have failed to get anything going against Olsen so far.  This makes no sense," I know our fate is sealed.

Big time gaffe by Riggs there.  Now Clippard's already gassed and it's the 12th of May.    :?

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #858: May 12, 2010, 09:05:36 AM »
Ya I was thinking WTF at that point also. We really need to stay away from Clippard for a couple days, he is obviously fatigued. It seemed like everything from his was up and in the middle of the plate, he didn't have his normal location and his fastball seemed a couple MPH slower than normal. If we can't trust anyone in our bullpen besides Clip or Capps to pitch in tight games, than why the hell are they up here? We need to make some moves and get people up here who can take the ball and get some outs, seriously.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #859: May 12, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »
Well I got drunk last night because of this crappy loss (nah really, it was because we have no class today) so lets take this rubber game and stick it to the mets. Should be a damn sweep but the '09 nats had to rear its ugly head.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #860: May 12, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »
I listened to this game on the way home from my game knowing we were going to lose.  We were up 6-1 when I shut the car off and Riggs just pulled Olsen.  When the Mets announcers say, "either something's wrong with Olsen or the is a classic over-managing move by Jim Riggleman because the Mets have failed to get anything going against Olsen so far.  This makes no sense," I know our fate is sealed.

I agree with the move, Olsen was not sharp, was giving up bucketloads of baserunners, and it was only a matter of time before the dam would break.  You can't just avoid using members of the bullpen, every player needs to step up and do his job, and Bruney was placed in a position to succeed.  He got no help from Morgan, but he still stunk it up pretty badly, and Clippard even worse.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #861: May 12, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »

Big time gaffe by Riggs there.  Now Clippard's already gassed and it's the 12th of May.    :?

clippard was bound to have a rough outing, we'll see how he rebounds

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #862: May 12, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
I agree with the move, Olsen was not sharp, was giving up bucketloads of baserunners, and it was only a matter of time before the dam would break.  You can't just avoid using members of the bullpen, every player needs to step up and do his job, and Bruney was placed in a position to succeed.  He got no help from Morgan, but he still stunk it up pretty badly, and Clippard even worse.

He threw 82 pitches.  If as a starter he cannot be expected to routinely throw more than 82 pitches an outing then he should be a reliever.  And for all those baserunners he allowed only the one run.

Plus, why use Clippard?  He's been shaky lately and is clearly hitting the wall. 

clippard was bound to have a rough outing, we'll see how he rebounds

I actually hope we don't see him anytime soon.  I'd even contemplate putting him on the DL so he's forced to rest up for a while.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #863: May 12, 2010, 10:14:43 AM »
I just looked at the June schedule and the Nats have the easiest NL East schedule by a huge margin. I can't believe how easy June looks on paper. Let's just hope that translates to wins.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #864: May 12, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »
I want to know why Riggleman took out Walker? Why does he always take him out vs. LH hitters. Just let him try one time to face them. If he let Olsen pitch 6 and Walker 1, then he wouldn't have needed Bruney.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #865: May 12, 2010, 10:56:42 AM »
Olsen had to try and strike out everyone because he wasn't getting ground balls. The huge dimensions of Citi Field, as empty as Manuel's head, saved Olsens ass, and about 5 HR's.

Olsen has Davis' number though. That's freaking hilarious.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #866: May 12, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
He threw 82 pitches.  If as a starter he cannot be expected to routinely throw more than 82 pitches an outing then he should be a reliever.  And for all those baserunners he allowed only the one run.

He took a line drive off his foot.  He tried to bunt and the pitch clipped his pitching fingers.   He was getting hit around and taking a physical beating.  I'm not saying he couldn't have dodged the bullets for another 1.2 innings, but the guys that followed (Walker, Slaten) dodged their own bullets.  Olsen wasn't going to pitch the 8th under any scenario.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #867: May 12, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
I just looked at the June schedule and the Nats have the easiest NL East schedule by a huge margin. I can't believe how easy June looks on paper. Let's just hope that translates to wins.

yeah, the first 40 or so for us were the rough stretch, CO, LA, PHI (6 games), we get a bit of a break after that.