Author Topic: P-Nats 2011  (Read 11747 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: P-Nats 2011
« Reply #100: June 11, 2011, 07:56:35 AM »
I want to know what Star Trek night is!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #101: June 12, 2011, 11:28:19 PM »
P-Nats are rolling with 4 straight wins.  Trevor Holder rebounded nicely from his 8ER performance on 6/8 with a 7 IP, 0ER, 6H, 4K, 0BB performance on Saturday.

Offline imref

« Reply #102: July 09, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
GMU posted this on the Harper thread:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/business-beat/2011/2612047.html

Maybe we'll finally lay the Pfitz to rest?

Offline Jski

« Reply #103: July 12, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
GMU posted this on the Harper thread:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/business-beat/2011/2612047.html

Maybe we'll finally lay the Pfitz to rest?

Did more fans show up to Cannon games when the Nats weren't in D.C. ?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #104: July 12, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »
I don't think it really matters.  I mean it would have to be looked up.  I haven't noticed that much of a difference.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #105: July 13, 2011, 04:40:38 AM »
Obviously the moron owner is hyperboling on the whole location thing and a minor league, not just A, but including AAA, record in naming rights as far as the location goes. There's nothing in Prince William and not nearly enough people there of the right income bracket like Fairfax, Montgomery and recently, Loudon. Particularly the there's nothing in Prince William for the new stadium to be located near to make it such a "catch." That said, my guess has to be near Potomac Mills, and thus 95. There's nothing else in Prince William that could come close to this blokes hyperbole.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #106: July 13, 2011, 04:44:08 AM »
I don't think it really matters.  I mean it would have to be looked up.  I haven't noticed that much of a difference.

Yep, nobody went there before and nobody goes now. The place is just a total utter dump and landfill. It's insanely out of the way for Northern Virginia/DC area residents, never mind dealing with 95 traffic. And for Maryland residents near DC? Forget about it. The Nats don't change things, the attendance has stayed the same regardless because it's a dump, out of the way, and a total dump. Oh, it's also partly due to the fact it's a dump.

I suspect when they were the Cannons and associated with the Yankees, they probably had to draw a hell of a lot more people. I remember the only game I went to there as a kid, I saw Andy Pettite pitch and still have my ball with his autograph on it.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #107: July 13, 2011, 11:33:52 AM »
I think they could find a good location in PW off of 28 after the 66 exit.  There are a lot of locations around that area that could provide enough land and it would be a hell of a lot more accessible than the current stadium is.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #108: July 14, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »
DH canceled today due to rain from last night. Rizzo is pissed. I have a feeling that the Nats are about to break their agreement with Potomac.

acomak

#Nats GM Mike Rizzo: "The Nationals have repeatedly requested that dangerous field conditions be addressed under the supervision of MLB."

acomak

Rizzo continued: "Recent unsupervised work has resulted in a field that is even more dangerous."

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #109: July 14, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
Cumberland has been working on getting a team... A guy can dream.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #110: July 14, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »
Take over Harry Grove Stadium :pray:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #111: July 14, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
DH canceled today due to rain from last night. Rizzo is pissed. I have a feeling that the Nats are about to break their agreement with Potomac.

The Nats re-upped their development agreement w/Potomac last fall; it's a 2 year agreement. I'm sure Rizzo would love to break it. But he'd need a dance partner. Even if he can get the NA to get out of that deal, then Rizzo would need to find another high-A team to send the prospects to.

But, what I could see happening, is the Potomac team being moved temporarily to Kinston, NC. The AA Carolina Mudcats are leaving Zebulon, NC for Pensacola, FL for the 2012 season. The Carolina League is moving its Kinston affiliate to Zebulon. That makes Kinston available for the Potomac affiliate, which could be moved back if they can get a stadium worked out for 2013.

Offline imref

« Reply #112: July 21, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #113: July 21, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
From that article:

-----------
Mr. Silber, 71, a retired bank executive, bought the Potomac team in 1990 and has been in constant discussions about building a new stadium since. He occasionally coaches first base during games, and the team’s website touts him as the “Oldest First Base Coach in Minor League Baseball.”
-----------

So is this the path we're headed down with Lerner?  Can we expect to see him coaching 1B at some point after he gets bored catching fly balls and taking BP with the team?

Offline imref

« Reply #114: July 21, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »
it will be interesting to see if the new ballpark plans actually happen, the article says it will be near 95 and seat 7,500.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #115: July 21, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
-----------
Mr. Silber, 71, a retired bank executive, bought the Potomac team in 1990 and has been in constant discussions about building a new stadium since. He occasionally coaches first base during games, and the team’s website touts him as the “Oldest First Base Coach in Minor League Baseball.”
-----------
So is this the path we're headed down with Lerner?  Can we expect to see him coaching 1B at some point after he gets bored catching fly balls and taking BP with the team?
[/quote]
               Foul Ball, Foul Ball.....Art Silber is a generous, friendly owner, who gets out there and meets and greets the fans at a large number of games. Additionally, if you have ever heard Art speak -he has a silver tongue and is also very well connected, with the Congressional representatives of Prince William County/District and VA state. If anyone can wheel and deal for a new stadium -it's Art.  :popcorn:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #116: July 21, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
Stewart=Nyanburg :shock:

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #117: July 21, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »
Obviously the moron owner is hyperboling on the whole location thing and a minor league, not just A, but including AAA, record in naming rights as far as the location goes. There's nothing in Prince William and not nearly enough people there of the right income bracket like Fairfax, Montgomery and recently, Loudon. Particularly the there's nothing in Prince William for the new stadium to be located near to make it such a "catch." That said, my guess has to be near Potomac Mills, and thus 95. There's nothing else in Prince William that could come close to this blokes hyperbole.
             Obviously you have never met the owner nor talked to him or listen to him talk. If you had, you would know that he is not a moron by any stretch of the imagination. As to income bracket, based on location in VA. or MD. - Oh please, it's not that way. Almost all income brackets could afford ST for Potomac Nats season. It's around $400 for 1/2 season and around $800 for a full season - for box seats, right up front, with a parking space for the season. I see more kids there, with their families, then I see at Nats Park -And You Know Why - Because It's Affordable - For Families;  Nats Park-Not So Much, on a regular basis.
                                                                                                                                                                                :popcorn:

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #118: July 21, 2011, 11:16:34 AM »
Stewart=Nyanburg :shock:
            Nyanburg = What the Hell does this mean?  I've been asking this question all morning....could someone please tell me what this new buzz word is and/or means?

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #119: July 21, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »
http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-nationals/2011/7/21/2286639/potomac-nationals-field-situation-causes-war-of-words

This should go here. Calling for Rizzo's job is a little classless. Maybe they should fix the field instead. Kind of think the Lerners should buy a high A franchise for Fredericksburg or Alexandria and do to Potomac what the Braves almost did to Richmond.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #120: July 21, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »
http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-nationals/2011/7/21/2286639/potomac-nationals-field-situation-causes-war-of-words

This should go here. Calling for Rizzo's job is a little classless. Maybe they should fix the field instead. Kind of think the Lerners should buy a high A franchise for Fredericksburg or Alexandria and do to Potomac what the Braves almost did to Richmond.
              Well Rizzo should not have commented on it  - and who would expect RizZo to be aware of all the business involving the Potomac Nationals -Rizzo should be more concerned with the problems on his Major League club.  Usually I don't criticize Rizzo, but in this case he's sticking his nose in by  his comments -where it doesn't belong....
             As for Steward and what he said,  Not good for Rizzo - to have the County Supervisor of the Board, in the county your stadium is sitting in, saying that Rizzo isn't talking out of his rear-end, and his performance is lacking.......That should be an "Oh crap I put my foot in my mouth" moment for Rizzo.......good luck on the county taxes - team-wise.  :smh:

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #121: July 21, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
               Well Rizzo should not have commented on it  - and who would expect RizZo to be aware of all the business involving the Potomac Nationals -Rizzo should be more concerned with the problems on his Major League club.  Usually I don't criticize Rizzo, but in this case he's sticking his nose in by  his comments -where it doesn't belong....
             As for Steward and what he said,  Not good for Rizzo - to have the County Supervisor of the Board, in the county your stadium is sitting in, saying that Rizzo isn't talking out of his rear-end, and his performance is lacking.......That should be an "Oh crap I put my foot in my mouth" moment for Rizzo.......good luck on the county taxes - team-wise.  :smh:

Anyone that has been to that stadium knows there is a problem with the field. Rizzo had to comment and bring in MLB to look at it. It should have never gotten to that point. Part of Rizzo's job is to make sure his talent doesn't get hurt, and playing on that field is dangerous.

Offline blue911

« Reply #122: July 21, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
               Well Rizzo should not have commented on it  - and who would expect RizZo to be aware of all the business involving the Potomac Nationals -Rizzo should be more concerned with the problems on his Major League club.  Usually I don't criticize Rizzo, but in this case he's sticking his nose in by  his comments -where it doesn't belong....
             As for Steward and what he said,  Not good for Rizzo - to have the County Supervisor of the Board, in the county your stadium is sitting in, saying that Rizzo isn't talking out of his rear-end, and his performance is lacking.......That should be an "Oh crap I put my foot in my mouth" moment for Rizzo.......good luck on the county taxes - team-wise.  :smh:

“We realize this field has not been graded the best in the league and is probably on the bottom of the list for a number of years,” Mr. Ellington of the parks authority said. “It needs some renovations. It does not meet a couple of the standards.”

The field's been a piece of crap for a "number of years", why didn't the idiots who run PW county fix the problem? If anything Stewart should have stayed out of the argument and let Art and Mike hash it out.

Offline joneric

« Reply #123: July 21, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »
-----------

Foul Ball, Foul Ball.....Art Silber is a generous, friendly owner, who gets out there and meets and greets the fans at a large number of games. Additionally, if you have ever heard Art speak -he has a silver tongue and is also very well connected, with the Congressional representatives of Prince William County/District and VA state. If anyone can wheel and deal for a new stadium -it's Art.  :popcorn:

Silber may be well-connected with Corey Stewart, but only with the FORMER Congressman for the P-Nats District.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #124: July 21, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »
I'm with Rizzo on this one.  I actually think he comes out as the good guy.

The field is harmful to all players out there.  No matter how hard the groundscrew is working on improving it, it's still a piece.  There is no way, shape or form a professional baseball team should be playing there.  They've had years to upgrade and they never did.

And Rizzo's comments last week weren't that harsh, if you ask me.  These guys are just looking to get press and cover their ass. 

Just move on from the Pfitz and Potomac if they are going to be like that.  Find another spot somewhere in the NOVA area or play out there until we get a new spring training facility and play there.