Author Topic: Who's your American League Team?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Who's your American League Team?
« Topic Start: July 08, 2005, 09:03:57 AM »
Curious on Nat fans loyalty to American League ballclubs.  If ya pick one (and one only)...which one is your team?

Mine was, is and always will be the Boston Red Sox.  Yankees suck, Baltimore blows because of Angelos...and I found a newfound club I hate this year: The Los Angeles Golden State Disneyland Angels of Anaheim.  When will they keep a name for that club anyways?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1: July 08, 2005, 10:17:19 AM »
I'd probably have to say BoSox as well.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: July 08, 2005, 01:04:53 PM »
My AL team used to be the Angels, but that died after the series against them. Their fans killed any interest I had in them. In the American League, I've always liked the Orioles (yes THEM!) but like watching the Rangers and Red Sox as well...

Very nice web site you have set up... Are all the MSN Spaces like that and do you to be an MSN subscriber to have one?

Offline esoteric

« Reply #3: July 09, 2005, 09:44:38 PM »
Heresy though it might be, I stick with the Orioles.  I always kinda-sorta-rooted for them in that Washingtonian "I suppose it's the closest to a home team we've got" sort of way that I suspect many here understand.  (Keep in mind I was born in 1980, when baseball was but a distant memory in Washington.)  

I loathe Angelos for all the obvious reasons, but my hatred for him (which has blossomed even more brightly in the last year) has no bearing on my respect for the team.  I always liked guys like Palmeiro and Surhoff, and I can't really understand how anybody could fail to respect players like Brian Roberts (whose breakout, fortuitously enough, has come at the one time when steroid use ISN'T a suspicion) and Miguel Tejada.

Then again, my father offered a hilarious counterargument to this logic: "Well jeez, I admire Rommel, but that doesn't mean I'm pulling for Hitler and the Nazis!"

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: July 09, 2005, 10:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Then again, my father offered a hilarious counterargument to this logic: "Well jeez, I admire Rommel, but that doesn't mean I'm pulling for Hitler and the Nazis!"

:lol:

Offline esoteric

« Reply #5: July 09, 2005, 11:13:14 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Quote from: "esoteric"

:lol:

I know - it's such an eminently quotable argument.  And he's got a point!

That said, I do wish the best for our compadres up I-95, if not their coal-hearted owner.

Offline mjteggy05

« Reply #6: July 09, 2005, 11:14:31 PM »
Much like esoteric, I was born in '83 long after the Senators, and grew up with Cal and the boys, so my AL team is still the Orioles.

Hayden

« Reply #7: July 19, 2005, 11:04:04 PM »
Orioles.

NatsCaps19

« Reply #8: July 20, 2005, 07:23:06 AM »
yep me too.. been an O's fan since I was a kid and I'll continue to root for them in the AL no matter how big of a douche Angelos is.