Author Topic: Natsfest announced  (Read 11682 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Natsfest announced
« Reply #1: December 03, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
They're finally becoming an MLB organization.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: December 03, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
January 26 at the convention center.

That's a winner.   I think it's the week after the motorcycle show.   

Offline blue911

« Reply #3: December 03, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »
That's a winner.   I think it's the week after the motorcycle show.   

Are you going to the motorcycle show?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #4: December 03, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
Are you going to the motorcycle show?

Every year  ...  a boy gotta dream.   Used to be sex, drugs and rock and roll.   Now it's motorcycles, hand guns and fire trucks.     Neighbor and I usually hit it.    He's my game "go to guy" as well.    Keeps me out of trouble  ...  most of the time.

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: December 03, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »
Every year  ...  a boy gotta dream.   Used to be sex, drugs and rock and roll.   Now it's motorcycles, hand guns and fire trucks.     Neighbor and I usually hit it.    He's my game "go to guy" as well.    Keeps me out of trouble  ...  most of the time.

Let me know when you're going and I'll hook up with you

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #6: December 03, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »
$10 to get in and $20 autograph vouchers.  STH supposed to get an email for a discount code.  Not sure if that's ALL STH or not.  Not sure if autograph vouchers they assign you an autograph time or if you have to sign up for one when you get there!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #7: December 03, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
Let me know when you're going and I'll hook up with you

I should remember.   If you don't get a shout out, holler at me.    We usually go on a Sunday afternoon but have been known to go on Saturday night as well.   If he doesn't go, I'm goin' anyway.    I look forward to the mid-winter fare.   This year, I'll have Natsfest as well.   

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!
« Reply #8: December 03, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #9: December 03, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
Looks cool but I don't think I would go! A little too much Natitude for me :lol: , and anyways I'd rather put the money towards opening day tickets or making day trips to other fields.

(Image removed from quote.)

My sister wants his autograph pretty badly, but still :lmao:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #10: December 03, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »
The text of the announcement is below..

Following the most memorable season in team history, the Washington Nationals invite you to reignite your Natitude for 2013 at NatsFest. NatsFest will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2013 and will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The event will offer fans access to a variety of activities including live batting cages, Q&A sessions with players and coaches, a Kids Zone, interactive games and much more.

Season Ticket Holders who have renewed for the 2013 season will receive $5 off the entry fee and will have exclusive access to the event for an entire hour before NatsFest opens to the general public. Additional details and Season Ticket Holder exclusives will be communicated as they become available.

Tickets and a limited number of autograph vouchers may be purchased online at nationals.com/natsfest beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2012. Renewed Season Ticket Holders will be sent an email on Wednesday, December 5 with a one-time use discount code to be used when purchasing NatsFest tickets online.

NatsFest:
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Noon - 4:00 p.m.
Season Ticket Holder Exclusive Access 11:00 a.m. - Noon (doors open at 10:30 a.m.)
Tickets & Autograph Vouchers:
$15 Season Ticket Holder Adult ticket with discount code
$5 Season Ticket Holder Child ticket with discount code
$20 Autograph voucher (all proceeds will benefit the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #11: December 03, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
The text of the announcement is below..

Following the most memorable season in team history, the Washington Nationals invite you to reignite your Natitude for 2013 at NatsFest. NatsFest will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2013 and will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The event will offer fans access to a variety of activities including live batting cages, Q&A sessions with players and coaches, a Kids Zone, interactive games and much more.

NatsFest:
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Noon - 4:00 p.m.
Season Ticket Holder Exclusive Access 11:00 a.m. - Noon (doors open at 10:30 a.m.)
Tickets & Autograph Vouchers:
$15 Season Ticket Holder Adult ticket with discount code
$5 Season Ticket Holder Child ticket with discount code
$20 Autograph voucher (all proceeds will benefit the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation)

Live batting practice? Who's throwing BP that day?

Offline blue911

« Reply #12: December 03, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
Live batting practice? Who's throwing BP that day?

Yunesky Maya

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #13: December 03, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
will be buying tickets at 10 AM on Thursday.

Whoo hooo!  Can't wait to meet Adam LaRoche.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #14: December 03, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
Yunesky Maya
Maybe they can bring back some infamous BP pitchers from the past like Micah Bowie, Billy Traber, Jason Simontachi... I think I think I could get some good cuts off of Mike O'Connor...

Offline imref

« Reply #15: December 03, 2012, 10:14:35 PM »

Offline imref

« Reply #16: December 06, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
tickets just went on sale, after looking at what they are offering, I think i'm going to pass and save my money to attend a game or two instead.  It would cost $60 for us just to walk in the door, and another $40 if we want the kids to get autographs, but they are only guaranteeing up to two autographs.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/fan_forum/natsfest.jsp?partnerId=aw-7755411092485728931-1067#vouchers

$20 for adults, $10 for kids gets you:
Player Autographs (pre-purchased voucher required)
Player Photographs
Mascot Photographs
Q&A Stage
Face Painting, Balloon Art, Inflatables & Caricature Art
Nationals Merchandise
Nationals Authenticated Memorabilia
Exclusive Kids Events
Interactive Games
Live Batting Cages
On Deck Lounge
Food Court
2013 Tickets & Virtual Ticketing Demonstration

For another $20 per person, you get an autograph voucher entitling you to attend one autograph session and get up to two player autographs.  We can get those on a Sunday afternoon game throughout the season.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #17: December 06, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »
I got my 2 and an autograph voucher for my son

We're excited :)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #18: December 06, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
So now you need to pay to get autographs?  Dang.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #19: December 06, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Does Zimmerman still have that asinine exclusivity contract? Meaning can he still not sign signatures for fans legally other than through whatever company it is that he signed his rights over to?

I love Zimmerman, so don't get me wrong... but that has always pissed me off. Some little kid on a Sunday game wants his autograph, 'Sorry, I sold the rights to sign my own damn name for $$$! Give them a couple hundred and you can have it.' It'd be different if it was common, and I'm sure other athletes do it, but I've never heard of it. And he did that like his first year in the majors too, didn't even waste any time. $$$ and greed always win out no matter how nice a person is, but when you are gonna make millions because of fans, signing away your right to sign autographs for a comparable pittance is annoying.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #20: December 06, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/fan_forum/natsfest.jsp

Looks like autograph vouchers are already sold out.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #21: December 06, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/fan_forum/natsfest.jsp

Looks like autograph vouchers are already sold out.

It's a joke that you need them in the first place.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #22: December 06, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
It's a joke that you need them in the first place.
:roll: I know I wasn't going to buy one but they say all the proceeds from the voucher will go to the Nats' charity. If it was just for profit I'd be annoyed.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #23: December 06, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
I was having issues.getting they all the steps from my phone.   Time ran out and I had 2 autos in my cart.  Do you think someone would sell them on Ebay or stub hub?

Offline imref

« Reply #24: December 06, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
Does Zimmerman still have that asinine exclusivity contract? Meaning can he still not sign signatures for fans legally other than through whatever company it is that he signed his rights over to?

I love Zimmerman, so don't get me wrong... but that has always pissed me off. Some little kid on a Sunday game wants his autograph, 'Sorry, I sold the rights to sign my own damn name for $$$! Give them a couple hundred and you can have it.' It'd be different if it was common, and I'm sure other athletes do it, but I've never heard of it. And he did that like his first year in the majors too, didn't even waste any time. $$$ and greed always win out no matter how nice a person is, but when you are gonna make millions because of fans, signing away your right to sign autographs for a comparable pittance is annoying.

we saw him in a rehab game in 2011 at Potomac and he signed autographs for a long time.  I recall that when he's on the minor league roster he's obligated to sign, but he did spend a good 10-15 minutes after warmups signing and talking to the fans.