Author Topic: Natsfest announced  (Read 11686 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Natsfest announced
« Reply #175: January 26, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »

For the all the bashing he gets, Bob Carpenter is actually a great guy.  I got to meet him again, and someone asked about the whole MASN thing and he started bashing the joint broadcasts for the Nats-O's games and said the novelty was long gone.  I like how he makes himself accessible and interacts with fans at events like there.

Bob's a good guy, and exceptionally knowledgeable about baseball, and possesses a good intellect.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #176: January 26, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »

Matt and I had a really good time - he got his picture taken with Denard too

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #177: January 26, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
At friend of mine made a great point that they shouldn't have so much time between players for the pictures.   Too much time standing and waiting for the next group.   The line would have moved faster.   The MASN area had its own picture line where I had my picture taken with Drew and then Span.

We got there around 1 and stood in a holding area for about 25 minutes before they even let us into the 2nd floor.  Next year they need to double the area reserved for the venue, it was way way too small this year.  The line for a caricature was 45-min to an hour, the lines for the batting cages were at least an hour as was the line for photos with the players.  The only thing that didn't have a line were the base stealing lanes.    The Q&A room was jammed as well.  Had we not gotten into the 2 PM Q&A the event would have been largely a waste of time as we had to leave by 3.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #178: January 26, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »
We got there around 1 and stood in a holding area for about 25 minutes before they even let us into the 2nd floor.  Next year they need to double the area reserved for the venue, it was way way too small this year.  The line for a caricature was 45-min to an hour, the lines for the batting cages were at least an hour as was the line for photos with the players.  The only thing that didn't have a line were the base stealing lanes.    The Q&A room was jammed as well.  Had we not gotten into the 2 PM Q&A the event would have been largely a waste of time as we had to leave by 3.

Definitely a fire hazard in there today, disgusting considering that they knew the size of the rooms they had reserved and they kept on selling tickets.  My kids complained on the way home that they kids zone was missing the moon bounce and carnival games.  They moved to the Convention Center to have more space and didn't have enough room to have all the same stuff they had before.

Despite the long waits and having to fight through the crowds we managed to have a real good time.  Haren in particular was a real cool guy.  I was concerned about signing him based on his back issues, but personality wise he sure will fit in well here.  Funniest thing was seeing him standing next to Gio, he's about two heads taller.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #179: January 26, 2013, 09:23:55 PM »
It seems that other fans just take his arrogance/aggressiveness as a negative trait and proof of his "douchebaggery"... I say those people need to be reeducated and I think Harper will be happy to do so next season and (I hope) he tears through the season.

If Harper was on any other team, most everyone here would hate him and call him douchebag as well.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #180: January 26, 2013, 09:42:56 PM »

The Twins do a whole weekend FanFest at the MetroDome.  And they only charge $9.00.  :stir:

Offline imref

« Reply #181: January 26, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
If Harper was on any other team, most everyone here would hate him and call him douchebag as well.

that's a clown post bro.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #182: January 26, 2013, 09:51:04 PM »
The Twins do a whole weekend FanFest at the MetroDome.  And they only charge $9.00.  :stir:

A dome is obviously easier on the fans because it's indoors and I'd guess that they keep the plumbing turned on year round.  Of course the MetroDome was also one of the lamest ballparks in MLB, hardly more character than the Convention Center.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #183: January 26, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »
A dome is obviously easier on the fans because it's indoors and I'd guess that they keep the plumbing turned on year round.  Of course the MetroDome was also one of the lamest ballparks in MLB, hardly more character than the Convention Center.
  True, but it's probably a much larger indoor venue than we have access to around here.  But the Convention Center does have larger halls (like where they do the auto show). 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #184: January 26, 2013, 10:05:50 PM »
  True, but it's probably a much larger indoor venue than we have access to around here.  But the Convention Center does have larger halls (like where they do the auto show). 

Oh yeah, the team could have rented another hall, that was disgraceful and just not right to jam that many people into that small of a space.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #185: January 26, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #186: January 26, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
I can't tell if Anthony Rendon is funny and amusing or a total douche.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #187: January 27, 2013, 02:03:09 AM »
And good fun at a tailgate!  Too bad he is a fifth columnist for the redbirds.

Bob's a good guy, and exceptionally knowledgeable about baseball, and possesses a good intellect.

• babble on
« Reply #188: January 27, 2013, 02:06:16 AM »
And yet everyone will be off in their insulated ice shacks watching old Vikings games while trying to hook a gar for the fish fry.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #189: January 27, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
And yet everyone will be off in their insulated ice shacks watching old Vikings games while trying to hook a gar for the fish fry.

Sounds kind of fun.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #190: January 27, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »
I can't tell if Anthony Rendon is funny and amusing or a total douche.

Probably a bit of both.

What happened?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #191: January 27, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
And good fun at a tailgate!  Too bad he is a fifth columnist for the redbirds.

Is there no groan smiley for bad puns?  Ha.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #192: January 27, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »

Is there no groan smiley for bad puns?  Ha.

rim shot !   :rimshot:

Offline imref

« Reply #193: January 27, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »
forgot one other highlight from the non-baseball Q&A - Tyler Moore's favorite restaurant is potbelly sandwich works.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #194: January 27, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
forgot one other highlight from the non-baseball Q&A - Tyler Moore's favorite restaurant is potbelly sandwich works.

They do have great sandwiches.  The bread it outstanding.

Offline imref

« Reply #195: January 28, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
nice picture of the crowd:

Offline blue911

« Reply #196: January 28, 2013, 11:52:37 AM »
nice picture of the crowd:

(Image removed from quote.)

Just like buying a beer on opening day

• babble on
« Reply #197: January 28, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
I was about to say that looks like the line for Shake Shack.

Offline machpost

« Reply #198: January 28, 2013, 12:31:23 PM »
anyone know what players signed autographs? I know the players signing were split into pairs.

We got autographs from Jordan Zimmermann and Tyler Moore. That was for 12:30 Session B.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #199: January 28, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »
Just like buying a beer on opening day

I was about to say that looks like the line for Shake Shack.

:lmao:

I'm old.   I was thinking "hitting the can".