Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 416938 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Hi everyone! 

I've been a Nats addict going on a few years now :)...  Live in Fairfax, always enjoy hitting games! I also do a few road trips, so it would be cool to hook up with anyone that travels...   

-Craig

Welcome...  :thumbs:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Hi everyone! 

I've been a Nats addict going on a few years now :)...  Live in Fairfax, always enjoy hitting games! I also do a few road trips, so it would be cool to hook up with anyone that travels...   

-Craig

Welcome

Offline Natsinpwc

Hi everyone! 

-Craig

Welcome all the recent new members.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Welcome all the recent new members.

Ditto

Offline 31GetsItDone

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2604: June 14, 2015, 11:00:12 PM »
Hi fellow Nats fans! Been lurking here a few weeks and decided to join. Somewhat new to baseball (at least following it closely) so looking forward to learning more of the strategy/rule specifics...thought this place could help!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2605: June 14, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »
Hi fellow Nats fans! Been lurking here a few weeks and decided to join. Somewhat new to baseball (at least following it closely) so looking forward to learning more of the strategy/rule specifics...thought this place could help!
Welcome aboard.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2606: June 15, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »

Welcome

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #2607: July 13, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »

Welcome, this place will likely make you depressed about our replacement level hitting and under-performing pitching, but baseball is a great game, and this forum is a great place.

While I as much as many nag on the team, I love baseball, I barely miss a game (even if it is an early am wake up in Australia) and love posting in the game day threads. Get over there it is a lot of fun

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #2608: July 27, 2015, 01:43:56 PM »
I've been an Expos fan since 1980 and at first wasn't happy about them moving to DC, but changed my mind after they built Nationals Park.  It all started when I was 12 years old.  My mom had a friend that was a stewardess (or is that not PC and flight attendant is the new correct term?) stationed in honolulu and her dad was none other than the GM John McHale. 

I had just started to play organized baseball that year so I was interested in anything baseball related and she also had a gorgeous Porsche and gave me a ride in it for at least 30 minutes which seemed like forever.  I grew up poor so getting a ride in a car like that was nothing short of special at the time and is the reason why getting a 911 was on my middle age crisis bucket list.  She would drop by from time to time to visit my mom and gave me some expos gear and I still have some of them like a couple of autographed bats signed by Andre Dawson and another from Tim Wallach and a ball signed by Steve Rogers.

I am more of a hockey fan now (even more than football too) than a baseball fan even though I played baseball from 12 all the way to 29 years old.  I loved playing ball in those summer and winter adult beer leagues, but gave it up when I moved to vegas.  I work from home so I do get to watch games whenever I want.  Lately I've been watching more games and when the nats game is over or they aren't on I try to catch cubs and rangers games to watch the other vegas kids bryant and gallo play even though I'm not a fan of those teams. 

I have only seen a few nats games in person.  Mostly road games at the padres or dbacks and only one trip to nationals park.   My dream would be to see the nats play in the world series, but that would be a bit out of my budget if they got that far.  Maybe if they played the angels I could pull it off as I could save on airfare and drive back home after the game so I would just need to pay out of the nose for tickets.  I'm getting a bit out of hand here, but I really like this forum so far.

And if anyone wants to buy some real estate in Las Vegas I'm your guy.  :bow:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2609: July 27, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
I've been an Expos fan since 1980 and at first wasn't happy about them moving to DC, but changed my mind after they built Nationals Park.  It all started when I was 12 years old.  My mom had a friend that was a stewardess (or is that not PC and flight attendant is the new correct term?) stationed in honolulu and her dad was none other than the GM John McHale. 

I had just started to play organized baseball that year so I was interested in anything baseball related and she also had a gorgeous Porsche and gave me a ride in it for at least 30 minutes which seemed like forever.  I grew up poor so getting a ride in a car like that was nothing short of special at the time and is the reason why getting a 911 was on my middle age crisis bucket list.  She would drop by from time to time to visit my mom and gave me some expos gear and I still have some of them like a couple of autographed bats signed by Andre Dawson and another from Tim Wallach and a ball signed by Steve Rogers.

I am more of a hockey fan now (even more than football too) than a baseball fan even though I played baseball from 12 all the way to 29 years old.  I loved playing ball in those summer and winter adult beer leagues, but gave it up when I moved to vegas.  I work from home so I do get to watch games whenever I want.  Lately I've been watching more games and when the nats game is over or they aren't on I try to catch cubs and rangers games to watch the other vegas kids bryant and gallo play even though I'm not a fan of those teams. 

I have only seen a few nats games in person.  Mostly road games at the padres or dbacks and only one trip to nationals park.   My dream would be to see the nats play in the world series, but that would be a bit out of my budget if they got that far.  Maybe if they played the angels I could pull it off as I could save on airfare and drive back home after the game so I would just need to pay out of the nose for tickets.  I'm getting a bit out of hand here, but I really like this forum so far.

And if anyone wants to buy some real estate in Las Vegas I'm your guy.  :bow:

I already welcomed you in another thread, but welcome...

My father's widow lives in Vegas - forget the exact area, but about 10 miles west of the strip...we get out to see her every now and then, but never when your hockey team has been on the ice.  I see that Vegas is 1 of 2 cities that put in bids for an NHL team.  Good luck with that...  :thumbs:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2610: July 27, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
Welcome, HH. So, were Johnson and Pedro after your Expos time?  Pedro was a Duquette acquisition, I think.

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #2611: July 27, 2015, 08:47:10 PM »
Welcome, HH. So, were Johnson and Pedro after your Expos time?  Pedro was a Duquette acquisition, I think.

Yeah they played after McHale left so I no longer got swag, but I still followed them.  But the main thing is that the dodgers, braves, yankees, and cubs don't win the ws and I'm happy.

Offline trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
« Reply #2612: August 31, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »
Started my baseball fandom with the Senators (mid 60s thru 71). There was never a question about who my team was in 72 (the BLO's :icon_question:..... :smh: :smh: :smh:).  I did actually drive up the Parkway quite a few times during those dry years, mostly when Texas was in town, just to see MLB. When the Expos came to town I had been a Senators / Rangers fan for about 40 years and couldn't switch. It may not be legit to have TWO favorite teams but you only live once :metal:.

Rangers vs Nationals: The Ultimate World Series

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2613: August 31, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »
Started my baseball fandom with the Senators (mid 60s thru 71). There was never a question about who my team was in 72 (the BLO's :icon_question:..... :smh: :smh: :smh:).  I did actually drive up the Parkway quite a few times during those dry years, mostly when Texas was in town, just to see MLB. When the Expos came to town I had been a Senators / Rangers fan for about 40 years and couldn't switch. It may not be legit to have TWO favorite teams but you only live once :metal:.
Welcome.

Offline whytev

« Reply #2614: August 31, 2015, 09:16:37 PM »

Good for you not switching!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2615: August 31, 2015, 10:05:25 PM »

Welcome

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2616: September 01, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »

So you must be a Pudge Rodriguez fan?  I grew up a fan of the first HOF catcher that went by Pudge.

Offline dcsgm

« Reply #2617: September 01, 2015, 06:46:53 PM »
Hello,

I'm dcsgm.  I was somewhat active on the old Montreal Expos/Nationals Scout.com board.  Have followed the Expos/Nationals since the year before the move.  Was living out on the East Coast and went to quite a few games both at RFK then at Nationals Park.  I now live in Arizona but work brings me back to DC quite often.  Been reading the forum for the last year, but just now signed up.  Mostly a lurker, but I'll get a little more involved especially for the Arizona Fall League this year. 

dcsgm

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2618: September 01, 2015, 06:50:07 PM »
Hello,

I'm dcsgm.  I was somewhat active on the old Montreal Expos/Nationals Scout.com board.  Have followed the Expos/Nationals since the year before the move.  Was living out on the East Coast and went to quite a few games both at RFK then at Nationals Park.  I now live in Arizona but work brings me back to DC quite often.  Been reading the forum for the last year, but just now signed up.  Mostly a lurker, but I'll get a little more involved especially for the Arizona Fall League this year. 

dcsgm

Welcome

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2619: September 01, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
Hello,

dcsgm

Welcome...you should join us in the Game Day Threads...  :thumbs:

Offline trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
« Reply #2620: September 03, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
So you must be a Pudge Rodriguez fan?  I grew up a fan of the first HOF catcher that went by Pudge.

Always a fan of Pudge I & Pudge II.

After I posted this I was reading through some threads and came across that dual loyalty comment :hang:

Offline whytev

« Reply #2621: September 03, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »

After I posted this I was reading through some threads and came across that dual loyalty comment :hang:

Mostly that is aimed at Orioles fans though. Don't worry.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2622: September 03, 2015, 06:47:53 PM »
Hello,

dcsgm

Welcome!

We had a handful of Expos fans posting here in the early days - Kenzafan for one.  On the MLB board I got along well with Pasqual.  I presume they were posting back Pre-DC days.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2623: September 03, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »

well, it's from the "impersonate another poster" GDT.  I was taking someone else's voice. 

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2624: September 03, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
well, it's from the "impersonate another poster" GDT.  I was taking someone else's voice.

The signature quote is even more entertaining if you know JCA is a split loyalty fan. Dirty Red Sox lover.