Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1  (Read 21398 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Reply #650: May 25, 2009, 10:59:31 PM »
I hope not.

I'm sure they WILL though.

He doesn't deserve it... but I feel like they'll give him a shot or two to return to form... and when he fails, they'll be complexed as to why not.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #651: May 25, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »
MASN INTERRUPTED Acta's press conference - before he could be held accountable for Cabrera's irresponsible and incompetent appearance, so they could switch to the continuous ESPN news scroll.

MASN STINKS!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #652: May 25, 2009, 11:12:53 PM »
MASN INTERRUPTED Acta's press conference - before he could be held accountable for Cabrera's irresponsible and incompetent appearance, so they could switch to the continuous ESPN news scroll.

MASN STINKS!!!

(Image removed from quote.)
yeah that was terrible. All they showed was about the stupid blown call by the umps. What about D-Crab and the fact that they lost yet another winnable game.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #653: May 25, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »
yeah that was terrible. All they showed was about the stupid blown call by the umps. What about D-Crab and the fact that they lost yet another winnable game.

haha d-crab sucks but tonight you can't pin it on him ... we were down 3 runs when he came in and lost by that same score.  he's not the story tonight, he's just in line with the other crappy relievers.  why would anyone want to hear about that.  the story of the night was leaving men on base and the phantom home run call. 

Offline PC

« Reply #654: May 25, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »
haha d-crab sucks but tonight you can't pin it on him ... we were down 3 runs when he came in and lost by that same score.  he's not the story tonight, he's just in line with the other crappy relievers.  why would anyone want to hear about that.  the story of the night was leaving men on base and the phantom home run call. 

He's the reliever that loaded the bases.  It was Bergmann, Wells and, shock of all shocks, Colome that kept them from scoring.

But he was the minor story.  The major story was the lack of production of the offense.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #655: May 25, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
He's the reliever that loaded the bases.  It was Bergmann, Wells and, shock of all shocks, Colome that kept them from scoring.

i agree and i think cabrera should be off the team, but the story of the night was not him.  it was the leaving men on base and the home run call, it's that simple.  i am happy with wells/bergie though tonight.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #656: May 25, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
i agree and i think cabrera should be off the team, but the story of the night was not him.  it was the leaving men on base and the home run call, it's that simple.  i am happy with wells/bergie though tonight.
our offense is quickly reverting to it's old ways.

Maybe the first month was just a fluke. :(

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #657: May 26, 2009, 01:13:12 AM »
How can you forget 8 runs yesterday?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #658: May 26, 2009, 01:34:56 AM »
Man, You and I joined at about the same time.  Though I post less frequently than you, even I can see that sf often spews a bunch of crap, often times contradicting himself.

Any sf post is in the same basic formula:

-Bash non-favorite player
-Deny bashing said player
-Praising non-favorite player sarcastically when they fail to do what he says, followed by one or more :clap: 's

Offline Coladar

« Reply #659: May 26, 2009, 02:00:14 AM »

I'd mention that we'd have scored only two if not for Adam Dunn. Further, take out that game and thus have five of our last six games... We've scored exactly 11 runs total. Including one game where we scored five runs. Take that out and it's six runs in four of our last six. Bottom line, that's a sign the offense is clearly struggling after we had nine games in a row scoring five or more runs. Guzman's average has dropped like a rock. The team isn't producing with RISP for the past week.

I hope I'm wrong, but no team can keep up an offense like we've had while losing every single day and not let it get in their heads and decrease performance after a while. I think the last few games have shown that it might be starting to happen, and I think the offensive output during those games backs that up.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #660: May 26, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »

Your repeated downplaying of Cabrera's impact on this team staggers the imagination.

Online blue911

« Reply #661: May 26, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »
Your repeated downplaying of Cabrera's impact on this team staggers the imagination.

M-Fresh, Cabrera has a cool nickname.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #662: May 26, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »

Relax, he's not downplaying anything.  Everyone knows Cabrera sucks.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #663: May 26, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »

haha d-crab sucks but tonight you can't pin it on him ... we were down 3 runs when he came in and lost by that same score.  he's not the story tonight,

i agree and i think cabrera should be off the team, but the story of the night was not him.

:?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #664: May 26, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »

I prefer M-Frizzle.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #665: May 26, 2009, 11:44:38 AM »
:?

So?  Cabrera sucks and everyone knows and admits it, but the game was not lost because of him.  Fact.  Full stop.  Just because it's hammonds saying it doesn't make it any less true.

I think his (Cabrera's) nickname should be "check" as in "will you be checking any bags for this busride?"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #666: May 26, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »

exactly, but it's minty, the same guy who doesn't think adam dunn is worth a damn :rofl:

minty, cabrera shouldn't be on this team, we all know that.  all i'm saying is he wasn't the story of yesterday.  did we come back and take the lead and cabrera blow it?  no.  we were down 3, he came in, got two outs and walked 3 batters as usual.  get over it, he's a minor sidebar story from game 1.  don't you wait, we'll soon enough have a day where he's the story of a blown lead.  but the real storylines of last night's game were the questionable homer and the leaving men of base.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #667: May 26, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »
Hammonds is a D-Crab apologist through and through. let's just face it  8)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #668: May 26, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
sportsfan calling someone else an apologist for their favorite players

:|

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #669: May 26, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »
:|

(Image removed from quote.)
funny Chief.

I forgot that it is taboo around here to have a favorite player or two even though said players are the best players on the team. :?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #670: May 26, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
funny Chief.

I forgot that it is taboo around here to have a favorite player or two even though said players are the best players on the team. :?

I didn't know Adam Dunn was your favorite player.

Offline RL04

« Reply #671: May 26, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
Cabrera sucks and everyone knows and admits it, but the game was not lost because of him.  Fact. 

Yes, he still does suck.
They lost because the offense is in a "dry" spell.

Did anyone think that run production was going to last forever?
There is an Achilles heel that was brought up during the Oriole series - the Nats get a lot of hits but have a very low average with RiSP.

Oh, they also lost 'cause some ump must have had $ on the Mets   ;) .

I want someone to explain to me how that was HR.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #672: May 26, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »
funny Chief.

No taboos, I'm just calling it like I see it.  Besides, me calling you a hypocrite is like...  the saucepan calling the pot AND kettle black...  or something :lol:

zing! :D

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #673: May 26, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »

Nice one. SF would have to battle AZ for the rights to the best players. They both love RZ. They both hate Dunn (wait a minute is there a pattern here? That's suspicious). But they differ in their respective love of Flores, Lannan and Nieves vs Dukes, Colome and Belliard. SF that's bad company to keep. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #674: May 26, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »
you guys take this way too far. :?

lighten up.