Author Topic: anyone know anything about lawn mower repair  (Read 456 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

anyone know anything about lawn mower repair
« Topic Start: July 30, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
I was mowing under my deck and hit the front of the mower where the motor is and it died. When i pull the cord, the fly wheel spins, but nothing happens

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I have an electric Hechinger's Brand mower from 1995 - in other words, I have no idea :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Do you have compression?  Did it hit where the spark plug is?

Offline HalfSmokes

I have compression, you're probably right on the plugs

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
You could call Mark Grigg in Annandale at 703-560-3317.  He has a lawn mower repair business and fairly inexpensive.  More importantly, he is very helpful and I'm sure would tell you what he could over the phone.

Offline HalfSmokes

Thanks

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

that's my first thought as well - i assume the blade is spinning when you pull the cord, so it's likely you either broke the spark plug or dis-lodged the cable.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
anyone know anything about lawn mower repair

Sure do, it costs about $75 every 6 or 7 years.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
that's my first thought as well - i assume the blade is spinning when you pull the cord, so it's likely you either broke the spark plug or dis-lodged the cable.

That would be my thought. I know I had a mower that wouldn't start for me a couple years ago. After I damn near picked it up and threw it over the bank at my house (hill mind you, not the place where you keep your money. That would be crazy.)(and not actually at my house, but I was on my property... you know what I mean). I was sooo pissed off, I couldn't think straight. I called my Dad and asked him what I should do. First thing he said was "Don't throw into anything or otherwise destroy it, just go buy another one and get the bad one fixed at a later date. You can always find something to do with a spare mower or you can sell it." I bought a new one and two years later, the broken mower is now not running due to some other stupid ass freaking problem that I've yet to diagnose. But my Cub Cadet is working just fine.

Offline Nathan

This is the longest lawn mower story I have ever read.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
This is the longest lawn mower story I have ever read.

Thank you. :lol: I have a talent, I guess, for making a short story into an epic.

Offline Nathan

A budding Tolkien :lol: