Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 14162 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Reply #225: August 12, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
what has he done for us?!?!  succeeded!  ya know what if he starts to suck then he'll suck.  but up until this point, he has done his job ... better than some of the others that were shipped out.  based on his track record it won't last, but still for now he has been serviceable and that's what i'm arguing.

if it were up to you, you'd have a under 25 team.  that'd be hilarious.
did you see that bomb he served up to LaRoche tonight to blow the game? 0-2 count and then dicked around and hung a slider to a terrible hitter.

he then walked the next batter on a 3-1 slider. so dumb.  :stupid:

he's not going to be here next year. what is the point in keeping him on the roster? why not give some of the guys in AAA a shot who might have a future on this team?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #226: August 12, 2009, 11:16:06 PM »

Novoa rocking a 1.00 ERA in AAA (9 K and 3 BB in 9 IP).

Wilkie has a 2.35 ERA in AAA (7 K and 1 BB 7.2 IP).

we all know that none of the numbers you have stated here actually mean anything to you. :rofl:

the only number that matters is Age.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #227: August 12, 2009, 11:49:14 PM »
you know you are a terrible team when your fans are slurping over a piece of trash like Jorge Sosa :rofl:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #228: August 12, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »
you know you are a terrible team when your fans are slurping over a piece of trash like Jorge Sosa :rofl:

my comment had nothing to do with Jorge Sosa.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #229: August 13, 2009, 01:39:16 AM »
my comment had nothing to do with Jorge Sosa.

there's no sense in trying to save him ... SF is gone.  he's pure evil.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #230: August 13, 2009, 07:26:39 AM »
The dogs and I slept through this one. And it doesn't appear we missed anything.

Drat, no sleeping icons yet (and I wasn't doing this  :glug: last night, either). I do like the new smileys, Chief, especially this one.  :rites:

« Reply #231: August 13, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Sadly, that picture pretty much sums up the team right there.

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #232: August 13, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
As a small positive, Stammen struggled early, but he was much improved vs. his last three times out. It was almost like he said "Enough of this crap" after those homers and settled in.

The bullpen was so great over that 8-game streak, they were overdue for a clunker :hang:

No excuses from Burnett at least. Per Harlan:

"I felt strong. No excuse," Burnett said. "That was embarrassing. I expect much better of myself, and I know the team does. That can't happen again."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/08/braves_6_nats_2.html#more

Bring on Cincinnati!  :evil:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #233: August 13, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »
Yeah I was very impressed with Stammen after he settled down in the 2nd.  He truly is one of the few positives of this season. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #234: August 13, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
The pen is exhausted. Burnett has come through time and time again. Crappy of Harlan to compare him to Wells. This is a one time thing, not a history of sucking.

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #235: August 13, 2009, 11:10:03 AM »
The pen is exhausted. Burnett has come through time and time again. Crappy of Harlan to compare him to Wells. This is a one time thing, not a history of sucking.

Absolutely. The 'pen was averaging 5 innings of work per night during our 8 game win streak. There's only so much those guys can do. Bad comparison of Wells to Bergmann too, who's come in to nothing but bad situations lately and has more often than not cleaned up the mess.