Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 17533 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #275: June 29, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
those were MASN's stats. sheesh. :?

I was just posting what they showed during the broadcast.

I'm messing with you dude.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #276: June 29, 2009, 10:21:43 PM »

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #277: June 29, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »
2-17 record on the road in the NL East.

:whip:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #278: June 29, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »
GAME OVER.  WE LOSE.

(Image removed from quote.)

Another Acta FAILURE-suckup for his home state team, Florida

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #279: June 29, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
Villone is officially not usable, joining Colome and Hanrahan.  Tavarez is closing in on this status.

That's four of seven relievers.  You can't run a team with three usable relievers.

That leaves Beimel (who is shaky and they try to limit his outings to face lefties), MacDougal and CLippard who just got called up.  :?  But we know nothing will be done about it.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #280: June 29, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
Uggla's pace for stranding runners has dropped to a mere 386.  Freakin' Cantu messed him up, and then he got a generous call in the 8th when he earned the hat trick but received the BB.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #281: June 29, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
CG 2-hit shut-out for Lincecum, N2P. My fantasy team greatly appreciates it. :clap:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #282: June 29, 2009, 10:25:08 PM »
That leaves Beimel (who is shaky and they try to limit his outings to face lefties), MacDougal and CLippard who just got called up.  :?  But we know nothing will be done about it.
Mike Rizzo is worse than I could ever imagine. You wouldn't believe how bad he is freaking up our minor league system. Refuses to promote players that have dominated at their respective levels all season.

He will just not cut bait on these bums on the ML roster while better alternatives rot away in the Minors.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #283: June 29, 2009, 10:26:04 PM »
freak, I had forgotten Clippard was even on the team until spider mentioned him. Why in the hell didn't he pitch the 8th? that was a perfect opportunity for him. He pitched 8th innings like that all the time in Syracuse. He was the set-up man.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #284: June 29, 2009, 10:26:49 PM »
The one thing we have seen in previous years is young guys who do well get promoted.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #285: June 29, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »
Carpenter announced attendance of over 10,000, but he said only 1,000 were there.  Dibble claimed that only 500 were there.

I just realized that my entire fantasy OF lineup is comprised of guys I picked up off waivers. Shin-Choo Choo CLE and Juan Rivera LAA have both hit HRs for me tonight.

Ray Knight advocates trading Guzman.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #286: June 29, 2009, 10:30:06 PM »
The one thing we have seen in previous years is young guys who do well get promoted.
not this year.

the worst case of him not promoting a guy is Brad Meyers (24, RHP) who is leading the Carolina League (A+) in ERA and was in the All-Star game last week.

He pitched 7 more scoreless innings tonight to lower his ERA to 1.53 on the season (5-2, 71 Ks/19 BBs). He's 24 and belongs in AA.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #287: June 29, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
CG 2-hit shut-out for Lincecum, N2P. My fantasy team greatly appreciates it. :clap:

Of course, Lincecum pitches for the Testudos as well, as I'm sure you are aware.   ;)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #288: June 29, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

N2P proves that for every word, there are a thousand jpeg's on the internet.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #289: June 29, 2009, 10:32:23 PM »
Of course, Lincecum pitches for the Testudos as well, as I'm sure you are aware.   ;)
he has been insane for a few months now. just completely unstoppable.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #290: June 29, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
Ray Knight advocates trading Guzman.

Ray Knight is smart. That was a good question they posed there. It's pretty clear that trading for position players up the middle is what the organization needs to do. Good to see both Dibble and Knight point to the defense up the middle. Team needs a top SS, a better hitting 2B, and a legit everyday CF to go wall to wall. Knight's point that ideally Willie's role is a valuable utility guy. You have to love Harris, but the idea that he is the everyday CF (and he should be with what we have) is all you need to know about how weak the team is up the middle.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #291: June 29, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »
N2P proves that for every word, there are a thousand jpeg's on the internet.

what word is a shark beach car?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #292: June 29, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
Ray Knight is smart. That was a good question they posed there. It's pretty clear that trading for position players up the middle is what the organization needs to do. Good to see both Dibble and Knight point to the defense up the middle. Team needs a top SS, a better hitting 2B, and a legit everyday CF to go wall to wall. Knight's point that ideally Willie's role is a valuable utility guy. You have to love Harris, but the idea that he is the everyday CF (and he should be with what we have) is all you need to know about how weak the team is up the middle.
I'd like to get rid of Guzman and let AlGo start the rest of the year at SS to see what we got.

We have SSs in our system that could be ready within a year or two (Desmond + Espinosa). Hopefully Kobernus who we signed today does well in Vermont so he can start in Potomac next year. A year ago we had pretty much no middle infield prospects in our system. amazing how things can change so quickly.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #293: June 29, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »

I think if you have a better fielding SS who can hit like Guzman can (but takes more pitches) and a good hitting CF, you can live with a Hernandez in the lineup. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #294: June 29, 2009, 10:37:59 PM »
what word is a shark beach car?

Word of the night was "landshark."

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #295: June 29, 2009, 10:38:25 PM »

I would have perhaps mentioned right field too.  Dukes is stinking up the joint.  At least Willingham gives us a bat, and tonight he made a nice play in the field, but I don't count on that.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #296: June 29, 2009, 10:42:36 PM »
I think if you have a better fielding SS who can hit like Guzman can (but takes more pitches) and a good hitting CF, you can live with a Hernandez in the lineup. 

Agreed. I would still have rather had Hudson, but Hernandez has always been rangey and a great component of a DP tandem.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #297: June 29, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »
Team needs a top SS, a better hitting 2B..

Didn't we just pick up somebody from Seattle with great AAA stats, in a trade for Langerhans (who I think played there for Oakland ONE game, after a trade from Atlanta, before we got him the next day.)

TCM is currently airing The Greatest Show on Earth, a mediocre film by Cecile B. DeMille which incredibly won Best Picture.  It's weird to see James Stewart in full clown makeup.  I remember seeing a 2-second cameo of Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, just sitting in the audience watching the circus.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #298: June 29, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
Ray Knight is speaking the truth. We are loaded with so many arms it's ridiculous. :az: :az:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #299: June 29, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »

TCM is currently airing The Greatest Show on Earth, a mediocre film by Cecile B. DeMille which incredibly won Best Picture.  It's weird to see James Stewart in full clown makeup.  I remember seeing a 2-second cameo of Bob Hope and Big Crosby, just sitting in the audience watching the circus.

I've seen that movie a ton of times but never noticed Crosby and Hope in that audience.  :rofl: