Author Topic: "The Grand Re-Opening": Kasten Press Conference  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Price Reductions & Food Improvements Coming to RFK
by John P. Yuda
Nationals Farm Authority Staff Writer
Monday, July 10, 2006 @ 1:23 PM
WASHINGTON ? Nationals Team President Stan Kasten today announced several changes aimed at improving the fan experience at RFK Stadium.

Beginning July 25, 1000 each of tickets currently priced $11 and $7 will be reduced to $5 and $3 respectively, for the remainder of the season. In addition to these ticket price reductions, a value meal consisting of a hot dog, chips and soft drink will be introduced at a price of $7.50.

Further food improvements include the addition of a food court on the Capitol View Terrace, located behind home plate between the 300 and 400 levels. This food court will be open to all fans, and will include food provided by local vendors. The stadium will also feature new Red Hot & Blue and Papa John?s stands on the 500 level while maintaining the presence of these vendors downstairs.

Beyond this, look for new carts around the stadium selling popcorn, ice cream and microbrew beer. There will also be three new grills added ? two on the 500 level and 1 on the 200 level.

Menu additions to new and existing grill locations will include: half smokes, cheese steaks, red hots, white bockwurst, bratwurst, Abels and Heyman all-beef hot dogs, Neshama spicy Italian sausage, potato knishes. Condiments will also be improved, including the addition of spicy brown mustard.

It?s not just the menu that is being overhauled. Aramark is adding some more experienced employees from other stadiums, and the Nationals have partnered with LRA Worldwide for intensive customer service training for all game-day staff.

Further upgrades to the ballpark include new landscaping outside, a thorough cleaning both in the seating bowl and on the concourses, and upgrades to the players? clubhouse.

?GRAND RE-OPENING WEEKEND? FACT SHEET

STADIUM RENOVATIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS

Beautification of Stadium Landscape (re-planted flower beds)
Team-Colored (Red and Blue) Tennis Court Netting around main entrance to Stadium
Washington Nationals Light Pole Banners throughout Stadium grounds
Upgraded carpet, furniture and TV?s for Player Clubhouse
ADDITIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO BALLPARK MENU

Opening of the Terrace Food Court (formerly the Capitol View Terrace), featuring two ? four themed food concepts from the local area and a casual gathering location for beverages
Addition of three new grill locations on the 200 (1) and 500 (2) levels
Conversion of grill cart on the 200 level to feature: Half Smokes, Bratwurst, White Bockwurst, and Red Hot
Expansion of current offerings throughout the stadium; Red Hot & Blue (500 level outfield), Papa John?s Pizza (500 Level Outfield), and Glatt Kosher Stand (200 Level 3rd Base)
Addition of portable stands throughout the stadium that will feature Fresh Popped Popcorn, Micro Brews, and Ice Cream Machines
Expanded services for Diamond Club and Suite ticket holders
Addition of menu items at concessions stands throughout the stadium:
Cheese Steaks
Half Smokes
Red Hot Dogs
Bockwurst
Bratwurst
Abels and Heyman All Beef Hot Dogs
Neshama Spicy Italian Sausage
Potato Knish
Brown Mustard

LINK: http://farmauthority.dcsportsnet.com/?p=608

Offline Dave B

"The Grand Re-Opening": Kasten Press Conference
« Reply #1: July 10, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »
I'm not a half smoke expert like some, but I got two from the vendor outside the stadium and they were good. What is not to like?  I recommend them.  They are probably much cheaper out there.

I thought those things just sold hot dogs, but you can get half smokes with all the crap on them. I plan on getting them frequently.  I'd prbably hold off on the relish though and just go with mustard, onions, and chili. I think the relish made everything soggy.  

I think I need to try bockwurst, never heard of it.  My sausage/dog eating encompasses:

Hot dogs
Half smokes
Italian Sausage
Bratwurst (wasnt very good though, maybe I got a bad one)

Need to try kielbasa (sp?). any other recommendations

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: July 10, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »
I hope I have enough games left to try each of them, with the half-smoke leading the charge!

Great scoop Sens!

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #3: July 10, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »
If one of those local venders in the food court is Five Guys I am demanding my season tickets and place in the fan hall of fame. That was my contest entry into that pastime thing they are running on the main site. I am mostly just kidding about my demands. All of this sounds good and I might start eating at the ballpark. I would like to see some burritos and tacos sold sometime in the future.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: July 10, 2006, 04:56:59 PM »
Quote from: "Evolution33"
If one of those local venders in the food court is Five Guys I am demanding my season tickets and place in the fan hall of fame. That was my contest entry into that pastime thing they are running on the main site. I am mostly just kidding about my demands. All of this sounds good and I might start eating at the ballpark. I would like to see some burritos and tacos sold sometime in the future.

Nothing like those fresh cut fries from Rigby, Idaho, twice fried in clean peanut oil, with a sprinkle of malt vinagar.   Just bring a plastic bag for grease control.  My car smelled like 5-guys fries for two weeks once.

Nationals93

« Reply #5: July 10, 2006, 05:55:33 PM »
I just bought a 6 pack plan this past saturday. I bought the cheap $7.00 seats. They are now being lowered to $3.00 a ticket. While this doesnt seem like alot of money I got 3 tickets to each game. So I got robbed for $72.00 of my money. I know the team didnt do it, but none the less that ticks me off. All I had to do was wait a few weeks to order. Oh well that makes it alot eaiser for me to make a few more games this year.  :D

newarkjoe

« Reply #6: July 10, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »
Looks like there will be 3 promo giveaways for the Cubs series

July 21: Red Nats hat
July 22: "Get your Red On" Shirt
July 23: "Get Your Red On" rally towel

plus a Fan Festival on the Stadium/Armory mall
and Chuck Brown on Saturday...

Not a bad start.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #7: July 10, 2006, 06:53:15 PM »
Nice avatar, Newark :)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #8: July 11, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »
The new sausage lineup sounds brilliant, but what happened to the chorizos?  haven't been able to find them anywhere this year.  Those suckers actually packed some heat for a ballpark sausage.  

My sister (huge Cubs fan) lives in the jungle in SE Asia where she's doing her dissertation research, and she will be trying (electricity/phone line permitting) to follow this weekend's games on the web.  Sorry, sis, your Cubbies are Nat food  :P

Offline Dave B

« Reply #9: July 11, 2006, 10:28:15 AM »
Ooo! That avatar is HOT!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "Ali the Baseball Cat"
The new sausage lineup sounds brilliant, but what happened to the chorizos?  haven't been able to find them anywhere this year.  Those suckers actually packed some heat for a ballpark sausage.  

My sister (huge Cubs fan) lives in the jungle in SE Asia where she's doing her dissertation research, and she will be trying (electricity/phone line permitting) to follow this weekend's games on the web.  Sorry, sis, your Cubbies are Nat food  :P

I got one a few games ago.   Must be an uncommon random thing.  The vendors don't even know what they serve.

Offline nats2playoffs

This is like deja vu, all over again.  
You made it to 1000 posts TT...again.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Is this ground hog day?  I hope I get it right this time, or the Chief is going to zap me back to 970 again!

Don't cut me coach!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "Dave B"
Ooo! That avatar is HOT!

Could you share with us just who's avatar is so hot?

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "tomterp"
Quote from: "Dave B"
Ooo! That avatar is HOT!

Could you share with us just who's avatar is so hot?

I think he was adding on to Chief's compliment to NewarkJoe's use of Neil Diamond, the singer making a fortune in royalties from the Bosox and Nationals for Sweet Caroline.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Thanks.  I completely didn't recognize Neil Diamond, he could have been Joe Lieberman for all I can tell!

I would have recognized Root Boy Slim, however.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "tomterp"
Is this ground hog day?  I hope I get it right this time, or the Chief is going to zap me back to 970 again!
Don't cut me coach!!

Never mess with the Chief.  He has Ground Hog powers.

newarkjoe

Thanks for the avatar compliments.  

I did a quick photoshop job and copied the picture of Neil that they show during "Sweet Caroline" on the centerfield video-screen.

I don't know why, but the first time I saw that picture on the scoreboard, I cracked up.  Figured it would make a good avatar.

Anyways, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really excited about the "grand RE-opening."  I was going to go to 1 of the 3 games against the Cubs, now I think I'll go to all 3.  

We'll see what happens, but it looks like the Lerner's are off to a good start.

JackMcCoke

Hehe, you guys should be pleased with that.  It cost $40-50 bucks for a decent seat at Shea.  Plus, the food selection stinks.  I've been to PNC, Petco and Citizens Bank Park over the past year and those stadiums are damn NICE!  Hopefully our new stadiums are just as nice.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I have to admit I genuinely adore RFK.  Dingy, dilapidated, dreary, and all those other unflattering "d" adjectives, sure, but I can get there with my eyes closed, there's parking for about 3 times as many cars as show up for most games, it's highly Metro accessible, there's not a bad seat in the house, and it's cheap.  Oh yeah, and the 3rd base bleacher seats bounce.  And even well before the "grand reopening," you could get Red Hot and Blue BBQ and Guinness within 200 feet of each other.  Sheesh, why change anything  :)

Offline rich_nats

Quote from: "newarkjoe"
Looks like there will be 3 promo giveaways for the Cubs series

July 21: Red Nats hat
July 22: "Get your Red On" Shirt
July 23: "Get Your Red On" rally towel

plus a Fan Festival on the Stadium/Armory mall
and Chuck Brown on Saturday...

Not a bad start.

I like it, though the "paint the town red" theme was used recently in Philly.